ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer QB

This ^^^^^

Assuming Petras wants to have a crack at the next level, he has every reason to return for another season next year. I expect him to do so.
He has little to no shot at the nfl. Think it would be wise for both he and Iowa he graduate and move on with his life. And if he wants to still play football go somewhere else.

He has little to no shot at the nfl. Think it would be wise for both he and Iowa he graduate and move on with his life. And if he wants to still play football go somewhere else.
That's cool that you have the opinion that he has little to no shot at the NFL. I bet Spencer Petras thinks he has a shot. Probably matters a hell of a lot more what he thinks than what you think. That's my opinion.

Reactions: intrepodor
That's cool that you have the opinion that he has little to no shot at the NFL. I bet Spencer Petras thinks he has a shot. Probably matters a hell of a lot more what he thinks than what you think. That's my opinion.
I bet 32 nfl teams disagree with him if he thinks so and theirs matters more than his. Because nfl teams are really looking for a guy with 5 td passes during a season and a player who struggles with being accurate and below 60% every season he’s played and is not mobile. I mean seriously come one what reasonable individual honestly thinks he has a legitimate shot at making an nfl roster.

Either way Iowa and the ferentzs would be idiotic to bring him back another year considering his play, especially the last 2 years. Time to make an upgrade at the position.

Willing to bet he has a Nate Stanley career, which is more than a lot of people are giving him. Multiple year practice squad guy.

I bet 32 nfl teams disagree with him if he thinks so and theirs matters more than his. Because nfl teams are really looking for a guy with 5 td passes during a season and a player who struggles with being accurate and below 60% every season he’s played and is not mobile. I mean seriously come one what reasonable individual honestly thinks he has a legitimate shot at making an nfl roster.

Either way Iowa and the ferentzs would be idiotic to bring him back another year considering his play, especially the last 2 years. Time to make an upgrade at the position.
There's a hell of a lot more to it than the stats he produced while faithfully working his ass off as the QB for this atrocious offense. You're like a handful of others on this board who always look at the negatives and pin all the blame on Petras.

I'm on record here....multiple times...stating that Petras will get NFL tryouts. He'll get tryouts whether he leaves after this year or if he stays another year. You DON'T get a tryout with an NFL team if you don't have NFL level talent and potential. Note.....I've never stated he would make a team.

Would you care to bet as to whether or not he gets a tryout? I didn't think so. Now my point is made....again.

As far as Ferentz....I'd bet he would be damn happy to have Petras back for his 6th year. You're missing many brain cells if you think Kirk thinks it would be "idiotic". Who you have to step in? Padilla? He's certainly not the answer. Labas? You must be kidding, he couldn't earn his way to #2 ahead of Padilla....who couldn't make his way ahead of who you suggest is the worst QB in college football. Oh....I get it.....you think Kirk is going to trot out May or a true freshman next year. Have you been living under a rock the past 20+ years? Kirk will take Petras for a 6th year...happily.

There's a hell of a lot more to it than the stats he produced while faithfully working his ass off as the QB for this atrocious offense. You're like a handful of others on this board who always look at the negatives and pin all the blame on Petras.

I'm on record here....multiple times...stating that Petras will get NFL tryouts. He'll get tryouts whether he leaves after this year or if he stays another year. You DON'T get a tryout with an NFL team if you don't have NFL level talent and potential. Note.....I've never stated he would make a team.

Would you care to bet as to whether or not he gets a tryout? I didn't think so. Now my point is made....again.

As far as Ferentz....I'd bet he would be damn happy to have Petras back for his 6th year. You're missing many brain cells if you think Kirk thinks it would be "idiotic". Who you have to step in? Padilla? He's certainly not the answer. Labas? You must be kidding, he couldn't earn his way to #2 ahead of Padilla....who couldn't make his way ahead of who you suggest is the worst QB in college football. Oh....I get it.....you think Kirk is going to trot out May or a true freshman next year. Have you been living under a rock the past 20+ years? Kirk will take Petras for a 6th year...happily.
Big difference between a try out and invited to a fall camp which I bet he won’t be. I hope he does well every game but what are his strong attributes NFL teams will like? Because the whole cliche works his ass off and is smart I can say that about any other qb or player coming out of college. A strong arm but has shown to be too inaccurate and misses to many easy throws with poor foot work that has been stated by many analyst and scouts.

If Iowa is smart they will look at the transfer portal. We’ve had historic D and special teams play bail out a historically bad offense this season and a bottom 10 last year. All Petra’s’ fault, no. But he is part of the problem.

A strong arm but has shown to be too inaccurate and misses to many easy throws with poor foot work that has been stated by many analyst and scouts.
You're only seeing what you want to see. Petras has made MANY bigtime throws when he doesn't have someone in his face within a second or two of the snap. A snap that, by the way, is almost always late. Go back and watch the first 6 or 7 games of this year (less Nevada) and just focus for a bit on how quickly defenders got in on him. After you do that....talk to me about happy feet and not setting your feet. Pretty hard to set your feet under those circumstances. He's far more skilled than you are giving him credit for. I get it though....once you guys get your mind made up...you have no ability to see the whole picture.

You're only seeing what you want to see. Petras has made MANY bigtime throws when he doesn't have someone in his face within a second or two of the snap. A snap that, by the way, is almost always late. Go back and watch the first 6 or 7 games of this year (less Nevada) and just focus for a bit on how quickly defenders got in on him. After you do that....talk to me about happy feet and not setting your feet. Pretty hard to set your feet under those circumstances. He's far more skilled than you are giving him credit for. I get it though....once you guys get your mind made up...you have no ability to see the whole picture.
Good thing in the nfl you never have pressure in your face… Of course he’s made some good throws in his 30 starts. But devils advocate I can throw out many throws he missed with no pressure at all. And for a non mobile qb you need to have accuracy and pocket presence to make the throws with pressure in your face. again he’s been way too inconsistent in those areas throughout his career and knock on him is he’s missed too many of the makeable throws. Even sometimes after making a really tough one.

I would just like to see what SP can do with a good Oline and good OC. No matter if it were Iowa or somewhere else.

regarding mcnamara: what does he bring to the table that petras doesn’t? seems similar with a less (than sp) live arm. granted i haven’t watched much of mcnamara.

I was told Bruce's predictions have not been spot on for some time but he gets a lot of clicks. Take it for what it's worth. I'll wait to see if he signs.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
bus bump GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT