ADVERTISEMENT

Transgender sports ban advances in the Iowa Legislature

So you have no issues if it were just related to sports and don't disagree that a trans person does have a competitive advantage in athletics when competing against biological females?
It's impossible to limit it to just sports. It will negatively affect all trans kids.

What is the major objection to keeping biological males from competing in girls' sports? Honest question. To me, unless they've had a full transformation, why should any biological male be allowed to compete against cis girls?
Depends on how they identify. Why inflect common sense on people? You're an ass wipe now too.

• Haha
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I get the argument….but the only logical end is to ban any female with a physical advantage like this….height, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I get the argument….but the only logical end is to ban any female with a physical advantage like this….height, etc.
We do ban women with physiological advantages. Caster Semenya is an intersex woman.

No. Just no longer separate men from women in any sport. The best make the team and play. No need to even ask anyone their gender biological or identity. Then we can also get rid of Title IX. Equal opportunity does not mean equal outcome. Sorry!

I haven't read the entire bill thoroughly, does it address girls transitioning to boys? I didn't see any language restricting hormones being taken by a female to male transition. Is it there or is it addressed somewhere else in the rules for Iowa Girls High School athletics?

The Iowa GOP is spilling tears over fictional problems to bash the lgbtq. Lets get real with who the real cry babies are.
i only see T as the subject here. why lump other letters regarding an issue that only addresses the letter T

I don't think that anybody supports competition before transformation. And honestly virtually no trans compete anyway. This is yet another made up issue by the Rs to avoid real work.
Biological men have structural advantages over women that persist. Really doesn’t matter when they’ve “transformed”. When they compete they have a genetic advantage encoded in their Y chromosome. Sorry, not a made up issue. It’s going to get worse given societal trends. Ask the Penn swimmers. Daughter was a D-1 swimmer and it’s grossly unfair to these women. Eventually need a separate category of competition for trans athletes.

The newest boogeyman used by Republicans to address a non-existent problem.
I understand you may be a little slow but have you even heard the name Lia Thomas? The problem does exist. And the powers that be have decided to ignore the wishes and concerns of her team mates and competitors and soldier on with their justice warrior campaign.

One of the biggest problems with those on the left is they are NEVER happy. Adele was vilified on social media for saying his loves being a women. The trans community will not stand for someone being happy in their own skin. Apparently everyone has to want to be someone other than who the actually are.:oops:

Is it really the duty of the government to ensure the fairness of people competing against each other in games? Why so many public resources going to manage amateur sports leagues for a tiny slice of the population?

When will they address the NFL overtime rules? What about the subjective nature of the strike zone? Tall people unfairly advantaged at basketball? I don’t like the sound of the buzzer. Should it count if the shooter didn’t call bank Justice Roberts?

Is it really the duty of the government to ensure the fairness of people competing against each other in games? Why so many public resources going to manage amateur sports leagues for a tiny slice of the population?

When will they address the NFL overtime rules? What about the subjective nature of the strike zone? Tall people unfairly advantaged at basketball? I don’t like the sound of the buzzer. Should it count if the shooter didn’t call bank Justice Roberts?

Do you support Title IX?

I understand you may be a little slow but have you even heard the name Lia Thomas? The problem does exist. And the powers that be have decided to ignore the wishes and concerns of her team mates and competitors and soldier on with their justice warrior campaign.
That's rich you calling me slow.

You know why it's not a problem? I don't know that name. When it has the circulation that Rittenhouse, Smollet, etc., then maybe I can see your point.

One case does not make an epidemic no matter how you try to spin it.

I heard something about man-eating ferrets in New Mexico. Doesn't mean we need laws outlawing them here.

In summary, this legislation is Pro women (biological) and anti-transgender women.

So you either hate biological women or you hate transgender women. So you/we are all haters! Hooray!

The first two are public. Possibly even little league depending on the set up.
Right, my point is maybe public money and resources shouldn’t go to sports leagues; otherwise government is tasked with enforcing fairness of competition as a priority. So many things, rules, basic principles, etc, about sports are arbitrary, it’s a stupid thing to ask politicians to make sure games are fair.

For the purposes of the arguments I’m trying-on here, title IX would be moot because I’m proposing that public funds not directly support amateur sports leagues.
So get rid of theater, band, and vocal programs also?

maybe we could just send every newborn a zip file with 13 years of education on it and save even more money.

So get rid of theater, band, and vocal programs also?

maybe we could just send every newborn a zip file with 13 years of education on it and save even more money.
Is there an intractable public debate over who gets to participate in theater, band and vocal programs? Is there a large constituency of stakeholders attempting to play gatekeeper to keep certain people out of certain programs?

Is there an intractable public debate over who gets to participate in theater, band and vocal programs? Is there a large constituency of stakeholders attempting to play gatekeeper to keep certain people out of certain programs?
Ok. Just have sports and girls play with the boys if they are good enough.

if you think people are going to be ok with getting rid of some extracurricular activities you are naive.

this is a huge losing issue for democrats. I am in favor of them to continue beating the drum loudly.

I don't think that anybody supports competition before transformation. And honestly virtually no trans compete anyway. This is yet another made up issue by the Rs to avoid real work.
If what you claim is true then this law harms no one....

Ok. Just have sports and girls play with the boys if they are good enough.

if you think people are going to be ok with getting rid of some extracurricular activities you are naive.

this is a huge losing issue for democrats. I am in favor of them to continue beating the drum loudly.
I’m not looking for a popular position here, just a logical one. Conservatives seem to want to privatize so many things, why not amateur youth sports leagues? Why do so many conservatives want their sons to do well in socialized football? Why do they want to fund government track meets? Can’t the open market do a better job at this?

I’m not looking for a popular position here, just a logical one. Conservatives seem to want to privatize so many things, why not amateur youth sports leagues? Why do so many conservatives want their sons to do well in socialized football? Why do they want to fund government track meets? Can’t the open market do a better job at this?
It already exists and it is called club sports. Huge industry. Lots and lots of kids involved. You can find it in literally every community in this country.

It’s a political loser for them and they know it. They want it to go away so they don’t have to talk about their opinion and drive away voters.
Of course it is a political loser for them. Democrats for the most part need to virtue signal on this but privately agree.

This is fine, we also should outlaw girls that are two standard deviations over the average female height….sometimes in basketball that’s really not fair.
With logic like that you should be a liberal. You already are? Well ...bless your heart

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT