ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Hidlay School list

I have to think those cases came down to scholarship money. If Iowa would have REALLY wanted either of those guys, they probably could have gotten them.
Offering more $ is a form of out recruiting. Iowa seriously went after those two and couldn't get it done.

The new Flo rankings are out. Hidlay is #2 behind Brooks and they have Rocky Jordan up at 170 now and ranked number #12.

I thought some guy was complaining that Hidlay didn't feel the Hawkeyes live at midnight on recruiting opener?

I like Hidlay as much, if not more than any other recruit in this class... I know the staff really, really likes him and his family also, and the feeling is mutual with he and his dad. In the end, I think their decision will come down to Iowa and his big bro and NCST... Really hope we land him... He's just too much Iowa style and seems to be the type of kid that would truly thrive in our room.

Notice this dude usually takes the contrarian view point while seemingly not knowing his head from his ass? I am guessing he is not a Hawk fan at all.
Didn't you know that our coaches have never managed to land a good recruit before? Purdue will be shutting us out in a couple years, with all the recruiting battles they are winning.

Notice this dude usually takes the contrarian view point while seemingly not knowing his head from his ass? I am guessing he is not a Hawk fan at all.

Me? Nope. Been a Hawk fan since 1987(birth year). Season ticket holder for football since 2007. Not to mention a member here since 2004. I am a pessimistic Hawk fan. What goes wrong, usually does. Maybe wrestling has better luck. Just think his ties with his brother are too much.

Last edited:
Didn't you know that our coaches have never managed to land a good recruit before? Purdue will be shutting us out in a couple years, with all the recruiting battles they are winning.

Yeah, I definitely wasn't the one claiming that one...

Me? Nope. Been a Hawk fan since 1987(birth year). Season ticket holder for football since 2007. Not to mention a member here since 2004. I am a pessimistic Hawk fan. What goes wrong, usually does. Maybe wrestling has better luck. Just think his ties with his brother are too much.

Were Perry's ties to his uncle too much? Were Nathan Burak's ties to his brother too much?

Life is a lot better if you don't focus on pessimism before anything even occurs. Iowa is on his list, and no other power house school is on that list. That should be a sign of optimism. If he comes out next week and announces he's going to another school, then I'd understand being disappointed at that time.

Were Perry's ties to his uncle too much? Were Nathan Burak's ties to his brother too much?

Life is a lot better if you don't focus on pessimism before anything even occurs. Iowa is on his list, and no other power house school is on that list. That should be a sign of optimism. If he comes out next week and announces he's going to another school, then I'd understand being disappointed at that time.
I see your point but each situation is different, Perry was pissed at his uncle for taking Johnny...Burak's bro wasnt at a program trying to be an upstart nationally and NC State "potentially" being more willing to give more $$$. Not saying Hidlay to Iowa isn't possible as I know how important kids taking unofficials are and him taking one earlier this year to Iowa was huge. But I just think he goes to NC State. I think Purdue and Lehigh are pretty far separated from NC State and Iowa. Am I pessimist, yep but just because one dude(me) thinks he'll go to NC State, isn't a big deal. Yes he'd be perfect fit for Iowa and even looks like Sammy Brooks...I have no idea what truly goes on during recruiting conversations as hardly any of us do, hell maybe he verballed way back on his unofficial...maybe he is slow playing it...either way, my opinion is just that and isn't that what internet forums are for...no biggy...

If he comes to Iowa; awesome. Awesome wrestler filling a need weight from a power State that Iowa is getting more roots into the last few years. It's what I truly hope happens...I hope he surprises me and I can start penciling him in my future lineups...

Last edited:
He will be going to school for free at any of those 4 schools. It's between Iowa and NC State

He will be going to school for free at any of those 4 schools. It's between Iowa and NC State
Does he qualify for needs based assistance or academic aid? Don't see him getting a full ride for wrestling alone at Iowa.

Not sure why the love for Rocky? Of course he comes from an amazing wrestling family, however to beat PSU we need top 5 guys. Not top 15 guys.

Sorry just the truth and of course my opinion.

Not sure why the love for Rocky? Of course he comes from an amazing wrestling family, however to beat PSU we need top 5 guys. Not top 15 guys.

Sorry just the truth and of course my opinion.

Rocky moves up and wins, he moves up and wins with this I am pretty sure he will be a Top 5 he is only a jr right. The boys growing and he sure can fish and wrestle Great combo imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT