ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble brewing in Ames. Caleb Grill kicked off team

Well his

TJ runs a tight ship. Caleb is the 4th guy kicked off for not meeting team standards. This wasn't just a one off thing.

He and Caleb have a very good relationship, more than most players and coaches. No offense, I trust that more than guy who heard from his best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend about from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Caleb pass-out at 31 Flavors last night.
Fair enough. But with grill’s post he eludes to comment he regrets making which sounds like was the straw that broke the camels back. So why there will be continued speculation and rumors on what that was. Again I’m little surprised he never got a game or 2 suspension before dismissal but then again no clue how much internal discipline he had prior.

Maybe Grill is just taking one for the team. His departure will give ISU an excuse for getting blown out by Baylor, losing their first game in Big12 tourney, and losing a play-in game in the NCAA tourney. Or who knows, maybe a first round NIT loss.
You were saying?

You were saying?
Clowns were bound to win one at some point……can’t get blown out every game.

Glad they won to get a better seed in the tourney than they deserve. Always fun making easy money off Moo U!

Clowns were bound to win one at some point……can’t get blown out every game.

Glad they won to get a better seed in the tourney than they deserve. Always fun making easy money off Moo U!
Is Fran going to make a Sweet Sixteen at some point? Otz got one in year one…

Say what you want about ISU, but yesterday's win at Baylor was damn impressive. None of us will ever know the whole story behind Grill's dismissal, but to stick it to #7 team in the country on the road was remarkable. If nothing else, it gives them momentum going into Big 12 tournament next week. Beyond that, take your chances in the NCAAs. So much depends upon matchups. If (and it's a big IF) ISU is shooting it well (like they did at Baylor) they are tough to beat. Very well could lose as well. Like always: prepare for the worst + hope for the best.

Reactions: NI hawk and Cyanide
Is Fran going to make a Sweet Sixteen at some point? Otz got one in year one…
Not this season…….but neither will Oats&burger. Primary difference being I’m not on your board beating my chest about an over-rated team & conference.

Clowns gonna clown though 🤡

Say what you want about ISU, but yesterday's win at Baylor was damn impressive. None of us will ever know the whole story behind Grill's dismissal, but to stick it to #7 team in the country on the road was remarkable. If nothing else, it gives them momentum going into Big 12 tournament next week. Beyond that, take your chances in the NCAAs. So much depends upon matchups. If (and it's a big IF) ISU is shooting it well (like they did at Baylor) they are tough to beat. Very well could lose as well. Like always: prepare for the worst + hope for the best.
An isu vs Iowa match-up right now would be 50/50, both teams just so unpredictable.

Reactions: stender72865
An isu vs Iowa match-up right now would be 50/50, both teams just so unpredictable.
100% agree Hans. I don't watch Iowa that much (may catch the 2nd half or so), but ISU is too inconsistent to be considered a serious threat. Even within a game, they are inconsistent. Great 1st half, disappear in the 2nd half. It's frustrating to watch. Yes, the Big 12 is really good, but losing at home to both OU + WV shouldn't happen. The same is probably true with Iowa losing to Nebraska at home. Hopefully the "good" ISU shows up the next couple of weeks. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT