ADVERTISEMENT

True Detective Season 4

Somewhat the same storyline (as season 2) with the tough female cop being the alpha in a sexual relationship and having a troubled little sister.

the-western-book-of-the-dead-anis-sister-athena-played-by-leven-rambin-argues-with-ani-about-their-lives-anis-problems-and-drug-use.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoying season 4, though it feels supernatural too much.

Don't like actress with face piercing thing.

Whats the deal with the polar bear with the scarred eye (and why do I feel like I have seen that imagery before somewhere?)

Reactions: Tom Paris
IIRC Season 1 had a little supernatural to it. Not two main characters banging in a fanfic type supernatural, but a little Supernatural nonetheless.

• Love
Reactions: Moral
I am all in for this season. The trailer scene took me back to season 1.

Hopefully it doesn't go to crazy supernatural.

I don't mind some elements of supernatural or implied supernatural that is explained away later. But, I'm hoping it's kept to a minimum to keep it real world.
I kind of like it. You hear about the long night in Alaska and how it can make people see things, go crazy. So far we have 1 lady who can see ghosts who is taken for her word, and we have a cops sister who is obv having trouble who is not being taken at her word.

How do you know who to trust?

Reactions: Dorrman
I kind of like it. You hear about the long night in Alaska and how it can make people see things, go crazy. So far we have 1 lady who can see ghosts who is taken for her word, and we have a cops sister who is obv having trouble who is not being taken at her word.

How do you know who to trust?
That's the question. But, so far the supernatural is implied which i don't mind as it can later be explained to make it make sense to some extent. However, if at the end they are like it was the aliens... that would be a real bummer.

Reactions: TennNole17
That's the question. But, so far the supernatural is implied which i don't mind as it can later be explained to make it make sense to some extent. However, if at the end they are like it was the aliens... that would be a real bummer.
I'm kind of thinking it will lead down to something (microorganisms maybe?) being uncovered in the ice. There's def something in the air, or maybe the water, since the guy said the water went bad 3 days ago.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
Just saying, maybe they're more than just easter eggs?
Maybe Rust drank himself into a serial killing stupor shortly after events in season 1? Like it seemed he was going to make his peace with world and be okay but after a few months he gets bored and hits bottle hard again and his brain just never recovers and he goes back to Alaska to murder the demons.

Just started watching episode 2. I saw that the director was inspired by The Dyatlov Pass incident. I found it interesting that they said the bodies in the ice looked to have been subjected to high pressure, same as the bodies in Dyatlov Pass.

I think something they excavated reanimated the dead. A microbe that's now airborn. For some reason they had Annie kept hidden in storage, and the microbes reanimated her body. It also re-animated the coma guy's body for a brief moment.

wonder if the polar bear with the missing eye was also dead and re-animated.

I think something they excavated reanimated the dead. A microbe that's now airborn. For some reason they had Annie kept hidden in storage, and the microbes reanimated her body. It also re-animated the coma guy's body for a brief moment.

wonder if the polar bear with the missing eye was also dead and re-animated.
Yes, I think that must be it. Good ideas.

Y'all think Danvers is playing fantasy football and on tinder? Or do you think she's catfishing drunk Hank?

Then again, this could all be their minds slipping. Since Navarro was the only one in the room, can't be sure it was real. Could be her losing her mind like her sister.
No it makes sense. They killed the girl and must have kept the body and stuffed the tongue in her mouth. She is "awakened" by the disease and scares the shit out of them and she spits the tongue out while attacking them. They run out into the cold in various states of undress and calamity ensues.

No it makes sense. They killed the girl and must have kept the body and stuffed the tongue in her mouth. She is "awakened" by the disease and scares the shit out of them and she spits the tongue out while attacking them. They run out into the cold in various states of undress and calamity ensues.
Right, but I don't think that was Annie's body, since the police found it with all the stab wounds. But the location in the video on her phone was not next to a shipping container where she was found.

Could be, though.

Not saying I'm not enjoying it but it's more like a season of American Horror Story so far.
It's definitely bordering supernatural, but I don't think it's paranormal in a way. The show's beginning quote "For we do not know what beasts the night dreams when its hours grow too long for even God to be awake." makes me think they're all hallucinating.

It's definitely bordering supernatural, but I don't think it's paranormal in a way. The show's beginning quote "For we do not know what beasts the night dreams when its hours grow too long for even God to be awake." makes me think they're all hallucinating.
I agree with regard to a disease reanimating corpses, like the walking dead or the last of us. However, there was that freaky shit with the ghost dancing around guiding the woman to the corpses.

I agree with regard to a disease reanimating corpses, like the walking dead or the last of us. However, there was that freaky shit with the ghost dancing around guiding the woman to the corpses.
Right. I agree with that. But was she seeing a spirit or hallucinating? We don't know exactly how reliable she is yet.

Yeah it has to be something like that. Too big of a departure from previous seasons if suddenly demons exist and they were just chilling first three seasons while the cults and gangs did the heavy lifting.

Reactions: afmiller
Right. I agree with that. But was she seeing a spirit or hallucinating? We don't know exactly how reliable she is yet.
If it was only hallucination then she could not wander out into the tundra at night and find the corpses in the middle of no where. If they pass that off as random chance, then come on. Please.

Reactions: afmiller
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT