ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Cancels Pelosi Overseas Trip - The Pettiness Is Now in Pelosi's Court

"US President Donald Trump has postponed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's upcoming trip to Brussels, Afghanistan and Egypt, citing the government shutdown.

"I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate," Mr Trump said in a letter."

Is Trump going to visit the troops in Afghanistan in her place then?

I see Melania flew to Mar-A-Lago today.

Can't be. CNN is now claiming on air that Trump grounding Pelosi’s flight could trigger an international crisis. those guys woulda checked, no?

House Members sitting on an Air Force bus between the Longworth and Rayburn House Office Buildings waiting to see if they are still going overseas after Trump cancelled the trip.

DxI0N3aUYAA-DFq.jpg

"The Field Trip is off, kids."

Full cart of luggage has been returned to the halls of congress
DxJU57TXQAMM_YM.jpg

This is beyond awesome. :). Pencil neck getting of the bus. Lololololol.

Reactions: biggreydogs
Why? She's arguably the most powerful person in D.C. RIGHT NOW.

The only power she has is to obstruct. She won't get anything the House wants thru without bipartisan support. So, if your referring to that, I'd agree.

Last edited:
to me it was Trump showing Nancy he can play power politics too. Good for him
Ah, no. What it shows is Trump is being petty. He's being upstaged by Pelosi... a woman no less, and he's pouting. Maybe he's more afraid she will get a warmer reception than he did.
not sure how he is upstaged. She said no SOTU speech. He said no free plane ride. It was a power play from each one

If she was the most powerful person she wouldn't have been kicked off the bus.
The President has the most authority as his position allows it. But it's pretty clear who's winning the media and court of public opinion side of it.

But even someone as partisan as me is getting sick of this shit in Washington. It takes two to fight and they both share blame.

The President has the most authority as his position allows it. But it's pretty clear who's winning the media and court of public opinion side of it.

But even someone as partisan as me is getting sick of this shit in Washington. It takes two to fight and they both share blame.
Of course Trad, Trump could have been the bigger person in this piss fight, right? He just let's Nancy roll him all over the floor. Trump can't beat Nancy or Vlad.

So this is how agent orange negotiates? The economy is slowing. Hundreds of thousands of people have no money and this is where we are left.
This is what happens when you elect a petty foolish egomaniac with no understanding or desire to understand how the government or economy work.

Dude doesn’t give two shits about the USA. He only cares about himself. Everyone and everything else be damned.

Reactions: ericram and SSG T
By showing America what an immature, childish asshole he really is? You don't think she has another trick up her sleeve?
Nancy owns the Donald.
Really? The State of the Union has been at the same location for 60 plus years. It’s tradition. She pulled a stunt to make him look bad by saying he needs to postpone the speech because of security which is total bullshit. Your side started spanking it because it made Trump look bad.

He literally just did the same thing back to Nancy and now your side can’t handle it. The media coverage difference has proven just how biased they are

Really? The State of the Union has been at the same location for 60 plus years. It’s tradition. She pulled a stunt to make him look bad by saying he needs to postpone the speech because of security which is total bullshit. Your side started spanking it because it made Trump look bad.

He literally just did the same thing back to Nancy and now your side can’t handle it. The media coverage difference has proven just how biased they are
Pelosi withdrew her invitation for Trump to give the State of the Union in the House of Representatives. She used security concerns as the reason, but in reality it was a political move. She knows how much Trump likes to talk in front of live audiences so she took that chance away from him at least in the House. I like that she demonstrated to him that he does not have all the power.

Trump retaliated by cancelling her trip to visit troops. I'm not going to complain about that because it was a tit for tat move.

Personally, I think Trump is probably more bothered by not being able to give his SOTU in the House than Pelosi is upset over not traveling. We will see what happens next. Hopefully someone makes a move to end this shutdown, but I don't see either side budging yet.

Reactions: funksouljon

Yep, all he did was cancel the use of military equipment to travel. The by-product was that because it was announced publically instead of just denying it privately, it increased the security risk to the delegation, which is why the trip is now postponed.

He didn't cancel the trip, he denied the use of official equipment. His pettiness and wanting it to be public is what caused the postponement.

Security risk overseas? The only people that want a piece of Schumer and Pelosi live here.

Really? The State of the Union has been at the same location for 60 plus years. It’s tradition. She pulled a stunt to make him look bad by saying he needs to postpone the speech because of security which is total bullshit.

No, she indicated that people who needed to provide security and support for it wouldn't be getting paid for their time.

That's completely different.

I don't like the pettiness, but have to admit, I thought the fact that he said "she can fly commercial" was hilarious.

And if I were in her shoes, I just might go hop the next commercial flight, take pics with the people and let that go viral. I think it would do her public perception good.
She's got the money to buy a plane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT