ADVERTISEMENT

Trump doing a townhall? Didn't watch but sounds like going well

they are underestimating Trump and that is a mistake.
It isn't Trump who is being underestimated. What has always been underestimated is the PUBLIC. For rational-thinking people to listen to what he says and think to themselves, "Now, THAT is what a president should sound like", is impossible to understand. It really seems that there are two different mindsets in this country. It's like up is down, and down is up.

Last edited:
It isn't Trump who is being underestimated. What has always been underestimated is the PUBLIC. For rational-thinking people to listen to what he says and think to themselves, "Now, THAT is what a president should like", is impossible to understand. It really seems that there are two different mindsets in this country. It's like up is down, and down is up.

There are a lot of fans on either side. I think it is as simple as that. Dirty teams still have fans, teams with rampant pedophilia still have fans, Iowa state still has fans, etc.

Trump thinks all people own stocks. I've suspected this to be the case and I hope he faces some more questions on this.

He doesn't know anything. He's just a BS machine. I would call it an achilles heel that he knows nothing and can't talk at all about policy, but here we are.

He tells it like it is though, owns the liberals. Doesn't apologize for being who he is.

Last edited:
He did well tonight. Whatever he said wasn't going to matter to many of you, your mind is made up. This Town Hall wasn't for you. Given the reaction, you are worried. If not you are underestimating the guy.

I'm guessing the Biden camp is worried after watching that. If not they are underestimating Trump and that is a mistake.

I think you are being serious. What benchmark are using to call that doing well? Do you care how often he was wrong? Do you care how little actual policy he can speak about? A lady asked about immigration policy and all he can muster is we have a strong plan coming soon. The guy cannot answer a question without veering back to his comfort blanket of blaming China for the China virus or reminiscing about how great the economy was.

Herd mentality is this thread.

Aren't you one of the guys ragging on Biden for not doing the 4 hr Joe Rogan thing? Heh. You think you're gonna learn more from that then a format like this where the candidates actually have to show at least a minimum level of policy chops?

This has to be satire. It has to be.

It's gonna be the Emperor's wearing the finest clothes ever spun at least through election day. They've been riding this moron tiger for this long, they'll keep it up at least for another 49 days.

We'll see what this guy says after Trump loses.

The thing is, other than with the cult members, at this point the gap between Trump the superhero and the reality of the man is too wide. If Trump is this inept in the debates, he's gonna lose big time the bulk of the apolitical people who only pay attention in the last stages of a campaign. He doesn't have Hillary as a foil/villain this time, people aren't going to "take a chance" on him--if anything Trump is even less coherent now than he was in 16.

He did well tonight. Whatever he said wasn't going to matter to many of you, your mind is made up. This Town Hall wasn't for you. Given the reaction, you are worried. If not you are underestimating the guy.

I'm guessing the Biden camp is worried after watching that. If not they are underestimating Trump and that is a mistake.

tenor.gif

You must be a special kind of moron to come up with that spin. The good news is that you're not alone. Unreal how many of you idiots are out there. Fortunately there aren't enough of you to overcome the normal, rational people who will be voting.

Did he do well when he was blabbering about how he has a great health care plan ready to go that will cover pre-existing conditions?
Soooooo, where is it? He's been saying it's ready to go for over a year.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Those sons of bitches had the gall to ask relevant questions! Liberal hoax!
I caught Joel Sherman of Politico on the morning Axios show, and he said this had been a big mistake taking questions from ordinary people. If it had been journalists he'd have yelled at them, blustered, cut them off, called them fake... He couldn't do that to common folk. When the black woman stopped him for interrupting her you could see him look off to the side. He was clearly pissed and didn't even want to look at her.

This guy puts kids in cages, sexually assaults women, is a racist bigot and lies every 3 days

and the fact you all support him is unbelievable just unbelievable. It has ro be mental illness

It isn't Trump who is being underestimated. What has always been underestimated is the PUBLIC. For rational-thinking people to listen to what he says and think to themselves, "Now, THAT is what a president should like", is impossible to understand. It really seems that there are two different mindsets in this country. It's like up is down, and down is up.
I kid you not, yesterday a MAGA relative of mine sent my wife and me some odd link to an interview with some fringe Trump supporter, and she also told us we need to be praying that enough people recognize the hidden Marxist agenda of a Harris administration and think of the kind of country we want to leave our kids and grandkids. It’s mind-boggling.

tenor.gif

You must be a special kind of moron to come up with that spin. The good news is that you're not alone. Unreal how many of you idiots are out there. Fortunately there aren't enough of you to overcome the normal, rational people who will be voting.
Reminds me of the adage, "He is what stupid people think smart people sound like."

I caught Joel Sherman of Politico on the morning Axios show, and he said this had been a big mistake taking questions from ordinary people. If it had been journalists he'd have yelled at them, blustered, cut them off, called them fake... He couldn't do that to common folk. When the black woman stopped him for interrupting her you could see him look off to the side. He was clearly pissed and didn't even want to look at her.

This. It's okay for him to berate the reporters or his political opponents (it's not ok, he just gets away with it). He absolutely cannot berate ordinary citizens. Of course, Ingram Fox News was right there to defend him from the tough questions he received from minorities and claimed they were a Democrat hit job.

These are those topics where I have to piss myself off by looking at the discussion on The Main Board. They absolutely think he is killing this town hall. Doing a fantastic job handling tough questions and he will destroy Biden in the debates. How can people from the same country be so polar opposite in their thinking? He does nothing wrong in their eyes.
I did the same thing. I haven’t made it through the whole thing yet but was a little surprised by how many were actually saying how bad it was. Most are still saying he killed it but there were a few that basically called it a disaster. At the end of the day even the ones saying how bad it was will still be voting for their lord and savior, the Cheeto in Chief.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
I could so hear Trump giving this speech... not. He can't even read it.

^^ Folks, this insanely idiotic drivel is a perfect encapsulation of why America is in the shape it's in. Any adult with a shred of intelligence could not possibly reach this conclusion after listening to the bizarre and incoherent musings of the ass clown on stage last night. It's truly astounding people who think like this are able to dress themselves in the morning let alone make it to the polls to vote.

Strange days.

It isn't Trump who is being underestimated. What has always been underestimated is the PUBLIC. For rational-thinking people to listen to what he says and think to themselves, "Now, THAT is what a president should sound like", is impossible to understand. It really seems that there are two different mindsets in this country. It's like up is down, and down is up.
Watch The Social Dilemma. It will give you a good idea how we can not all see what is true.

You sound like you are trying really hard to convince yourself of this.

Do you not have any type of BS detector at all? Just look at his comments about health care. He is actively trying to stop protecting pre-existing conditions, in court, while he tells someone that he doesn't want to take away pre-existing conditions. He has no health care plan even though he repeatedly says he has one and it will be released in the next couple weeks. This never happens. The Republicans have had over a decade to create a plan.

Crickets.

I didn't watch it. What were some of Trump's better moments?

Aren't you one of the guys ragging on Biden for not doing the 4 hr Joe Rogan thing? Heh. You think you're gonna learn more from that then a format like this where the candidates actually have to show at least a minimum level of policy chops?
Yes. But then again I’ve actually listened to Rogan before.

It's becoming clear why Trump chose to do this "town hall". He's running low on campaign funding and he viewed this as free air time.

What I've read so far... he better stick with interviews on Fox Networks.

He honestly believes that he can always control the narrative. He's a firm believer that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Reactions: MitchLL
This guy puts kids in cages, sexually assaults women, is a racist bigot and lies every 3 days

and the fact you all support him is unbelievable just unbelievable. It has ro be mental illness
Every 3 days? It would be refreshing if he only lied every 3 days. He’s so full of shit even he doesnt know what the truth actually is.

Reminds me of the adage, "He is what stupid people think smart people sound like."
Excellent point. That is Trump’s entire con. He is what poor people think a rich man is like. He is what cowardly people think a tough man is like. He is nothing but a walking, talking projection of grievance culture.

One side is a cult. The World's largest cult. You can't rationalize with cult members. Evidence and reality don't matter to cult members.

They live in a completely different reality where everything that the Cult leader says is golden.

Trump is their cult leader and he defines reality for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT