ADVERTISEMENT

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russians

I'm sure he will eventually. After that Gazprom oil deal gets cemented, Trump won't be nearly as valuable alive. A dead Trump shot in Israel might be useful however.

But you were ok with Hillary signing off on 22% of American uranium for the Russians........

Reactions: ghost80
Iamsosmart.gif

The hits just keep on coming.
SMORT

Yes. They have been a trustworthy source of information on this inept, unethical, corrupt, scandal-ridden administration still in its infancy. It is just getting started. You wingers criticize the press for reporting what you don't want to hear.

Lol yes, a source reporting DNC talking points as fact that has recently been found to be publishing articles that have been completely fabricated is a trustworthy source. The critical thinking of our resident libs has been lacking here......

Difficult as it is to stop fapping once one gets in rhythm, I would suggest waiting just a little before going too bananas. The story quotes nobody by name, and had no source that was present at the meeting.

As I said in another thread, I have long taken the position that my first reaction to a story that cites only anonymous sources is that it's probably untrue. But I have a relatively open mind; it could be true. One just wonders where they got the information.

Yes. They have been a trustworthy source of information on this inept, unethical, corrupt, scandal-ridden administration still in its infancy. It is just getting started. You wingers criticize the press for reporting what you don't want to hear.
Actually, no they have not....except relative to, say, CNN.

Well, now this is really interesting. The NSA just said the story was false. Says everybody who was in the room agrees on what was said. His last comment was something like "I was in the room. It didn't happen."

All lying? Or a source with an ax to grind found a friendly medium? And what about Naomi? Tune in next week, when the makers of Ivory Flakes.....

Legally? None. He's the President and can declassify material at a whim. So, the Russians now have a spy who can pretty much give them any piece of intelligence they want and we can't arrest him for it. Well, at least as long as he is President.

Isn't there a procedure to declassify info though? I doubt if Oops I shouldn't have let that slip counts.

Good grief. Is this basically the reason that Israel stopped sharing information with us after the election? Someone refresh my memory! Isn't this the very same thing that Israel was concerned about???

Well, now this is really interesting. The NSA just said the story was false. Says everybody who was in the room agrees on what was said. His last comment was something like "I was in the room. It didn't happen."

All lying? Or a source with an ax to grind found a friendly medium? And what about Naomi? Tune in next week, when the makers of Ivory Flakes.....

What NSA said was he did not reveal names or places. Washington Post story said Trump gave enough clues/hints that the Russian spy masters could probably figure it out without much trouble.

No, because it's done just that exact thing in the recent past

It doesn't even pass the smell test - this information was highly classified yet somebody ran to WaPo to talk about it? Lol ok, I have a bridge to sell you

ProTip:
They (WaPo) didn't leak the actual classified info; only the reference to the leak occurring. And that sure as hell ain't news to the Russians, nor to the entity we are working with - the nanosecond the info was inadvertently leaked to Russia you can bet NSA/CIA went into 'cleanup' mode to protect the assets and relationships in place so they DIDN'T learn of this thru Russia.

The NSA said that no intelligence methods or sources were discussed. The point is that the source can be revealed by the nature of the intelligence.

The Wapo reporter just agreed with what NSA said. NSA didn't address the entire article.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Good grief. Is this basically the reason that Israel stopped sharing information with us after the election? Someone refresh my memory! Isn't this the very same thing that Israel was concerned about???

Seems highly plausible.....can we blame the next major terrorism attack on Trump, when some ally steps in and says "yep....we saw that one coming, but couldn't warn you assholes"

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
What NSA said was he did not reveal names or places. Washington Post story said Trump gave enough clues/hints that the Russian spy masters could probably figure it out without much trouble.
He started out by saying "the story was wrong" and finished by saying "it didn't happen." That is not one of the standard non-denial denials. And apparently he's been backed by his assistant, who is a long-time hand in the intelligence community and not a Trumpster.

Again, I wasn't in the room, and I don't work at the Washington Post, so I can't claim to know what was said. They could all be lying. Maybe the Russian was the leaker, trying to create more chaos in DC.

He started out by saying "the story was wrong" and finished by saying "it didn't happen." That is not one of the standard non-denial denials. And apparently he's been backed by his assistant, who is a long-time hand in the intelligence community and not a Trumpster.

Again, I wasn't in the room, and I don't work at the Washington Post, so I can't claim to know what was said. They could all be lying. Maybe the Russian was the leaker, trying to create more chaos in DC.
Don't feel like you have to defend Trump. You already got your SCOTUS seat confirmed.

Don't feel like you have to defend Trump. You already got your SCOTUS seat confirmed.
I'm not defending him. I'm just being skeptical of the WaPo story for the moment. It was interesting, though, how quickly the guys here reformed the circle and hardly missed a jerk.

If the story turns out to be that he said something that might have given somebody a clue as to where the information came from that they weren't supposed to know, I could believe that. He has no experience in this kind of thing, certainly not the nuances -- he doesn't even seem to be sensitive to other nuances in areas where he does have experience.

The Fox News reporter who covers the intelligence community -- and who has a terrific track record, whatever one might think of her employers -- speculated that a city might have been mentioned, and knowing the location could be seen as leaving a clue as to the source of the information. That wouldn't shock me if it's what happened.

Reactions: unIowa

Well its not like their careers are on the line by hitching to the Trump Train. No reason to lie or be selective with the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT