ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Says He Won’t Sign Loyalty Pledge Required for G.O.P. Debate

I wouldn't sign the pledge if I were him either.

Additionally, if I were him and was lapping the field, I wouldn't bother to attend any of the debates. Nothing to gain for him in doing so. At this point, he can pretty much dictate his own terms as to when, where and who he wants to debate, if at all.

I mean probably, but I'm not sure that the indictments have not changed the calculation a bit.

Without indictments hanging over him Trump would certainly run a 3rd party run at the WH if someone else won the nomination. No question about that.

But he has to have someone in his ear that is realistic enough to say that if he runs a 3rd party run then the Dem (Probably Biden) will win and he won't get a pardon.

It's a question we will probably not know the answer to but it would be interesting to see if Trump would be insane enough to run a 3rd party run with those indictments hanging over him.
If he doesn’t run, he’s just a regular citizen being prosecuted. If he’s running, he’s “Donald J. Trump, presidential candidate.” He really needs it to be the latter.

There won't be any Dem debates, and there won't be any line to fall into,... Joe will be back in campaign hibernation mode.

There usually arn't any debates when the party has a president seeking re-election.

There were no Republican debates for the 2020 election

There were no Dem debates for the 2012 election

There were no Republican debates for the 2004 election

Sarcasm noted. But arguably better than the rest, along with Christie.

I'd never vote for either of them because, you know, Republicans. But if we have to have one of the folks on that stage be our next president, they earned a little extra consideration.
How sad the cult is for sure, confirmed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT