ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Supporters: What makes you believe Trump can win a general election?

You won't have a democracy in 2028 with Trump in charge.

He already tried to take it away in 2020, what makes you think he's going to step aside in 2028?
See, this is what I'm saying...with Haley, I believe there is a free and fair election in 2028. With Trump, I don't think there will be. I think if Trump gets back into the White House we become Hungary or Russia, as far as what our freedoms are.

Voted for him in 2016/2020 but have made it clear that I will never vote for him again.

I don't think he will win, but he could.

Biden is not doing himself any favors right now.

It's pretty dangerous game the Dems are playing to just assume he can never win.

There are a lot of people unhappy with Biden.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
Just my opinion, but I think the Trump support you see on the news, these die hard, "He can do no evil" people were never going to not vote for him. I don't think Trump is attracting a lot of new voters, it's just his cult members are making the most noise and getting the most press. There are a lot of level headed conservatives (my dad, who always voted straight ticket GOP) and my Catholic father-in-law who will not be voting for Trump. There is a lot of fatigue with him and as these trials and evidence come out I think it will turn away reasonable voters. Till then FoxNews and right wing cable will always have the same willfully ignorant supporters on TV and give the impression that his base is growing, but it isn't. Sadly, I think anyone but Biden would stand a better chance against him, it's too late to put some in.

I just hope that maybe in 2028 we can find some young new candidates who haven't been corrupted too much by Washington and lobbyists. We can dream, right?
I know many Rs who hate Trump because he's anti everything conservative. I bet 75% will hold their nose and vote for him still simply due to party.

You won't have a democracy in 2028 with Trump in charge.

He already tried to take it away in 2020, what makes you think he's going to step aside in 2028?
Idk man something about term limits or somethin maybe in the Constitution or something idk.

Good news is if he wins all those folks in 2016 who said they were moving to Mexico or Canada after he won have until January to do so cuz ya know its a fact Communism will be introduced by mid 2025.

Voted for him in 2016/2020 but have made it clear that I will never vote for him again.

I don't think he will win, but he could.

Biden is not doing himself any favors right now.

It's pretty dangerous game the Dems are playing to just assume he can never win.

There are a lot of people unhappy with Biden.
Neither option in my opinion is great. My grandmother who has voted Dem her whole life told me this Nov she either isn't going to vote or she is going to vote RFK Jr.

Reactions: kkhawk
Idk man something about term limits or somethin maybe in the Constitution or something idk.

Good news is if he wins all those folks in 2016 who said they were moving to Mexico or Canada after he won have until January to do so cuz ya know its a fact Communism will be introduced by mid 2025.
Do you believe that the last election was stolen from Trump?

Do you believe that the last election was stolen from Trump?
No I don't believe it was stolen at all. I dont believe the number of election fraud is ever truly zero but No i do believe Biden won.

Also for reference if you forced me to pick a party I'd probably say Libertarian so I'm not really a fan of either candidate. Thats why I comment on these things, not to start arguments or vitriol but for Reds and Blues to see maybe what a 3rd view is. Ya know the one that never has a realistic shot at winning.

I'd love to hear this from a trump supporter (someone who supports Trump over Nikki Haley).

I believe Nikki Haley is Republicans best chance to defeat Joe Biden. Change my mind:

I don't believe anyone who voted for Biden in 2020 is going to vote for Trump in November.

What makes me wrong? Why is Trump a better option for a general election than Nikki Haley?
I'm not actually a trump supporter, but the answers are:

1. Biden
2. Battleground state dynamics and trends

No I don't believe it was stolen at all. I dont believe the number of election fraud is ever truly zero but No i do believe Biden won.

Also for reference if you forced me to pick a party I'd probably say Libertarian so I'm not really a fan of either candidate. Thats why I comment on these things, not to start arguments or vitriol but for Reds and Blues to see maybe what a 3rd view is. Ya know the one that never has a realistic shot at winning.
I am not trying to bust your balls. I think you are a normal, moderate poster. If you believe that Biden won legitimately then would you also agree that Trump's continual attacks on our Democratic institutions has hurt this country?

There is no way Trump would win a general election this time around.

The independents and people who vote differently for president, not necessarily thier registered party. Those votes he had last time around won’t all be there. Too risky and they know it.

If had acted even a smidge more “presidential” when it counted - especially during the early days of the pandemic, he would have won 2020. Add that to the riot he started, etc, and nope. Will not happen. The Maga count not enough to carry him.

Trump won't win the general election because there are still enough sane people left in this country who won't vote for a felon!

What answer is everyone looking for? The real reason or the MSM version. Because they are two separate answers to the question.

If Biden gets off his ass and makes some kind of attempt to fix the border issue, he wins in a landslide. At this point give them their wall funding so it can be a colossal failure on the GOP. It looks bipartisan and takes away a talking point. This is literally Trumps biggest fear mongering rally rouser. Disarm him and swing some independents.

I don’t buy it. There is no way Trump is adding more votes to his 2020 levels.

This election comes down to the same 5-6 states as 2020 so there’s work to be done. But polling has shown itself to be fundamentally flawed when Trump is involved.

Your second point is why your first point is irrelevance. It’s a handful of battleground states that matter, and while Trump may not increase his vote total, neither will Biden.

As for polls, when they are off it is almost always because they undercount the GOP candidate.

Biden is clearly the underdog at this point.

Reactions: Sharky1203
I know many Rs who hate Trump because he's anti everything conservative. I bet 75% will hold their nose and vote for him still simply due to party.
I suspect you're right. But that other 25% could really make a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT