ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Supporters: What makes you believe Trump can win a general election?

thewop

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2002
I'd love to hear this from a trump supporter (someone who supports Trump over Nikki Haley).

I believe Nikki Haley is Republicans best chance to defeat Joe Biden. Change my mind:

I don't believe anyone who voted for Biden in 2020 is going to vote for Trump in November.

What makes me wrong? Why is Trump a better option for a general election than Nikki Haley?

I'd love to hear this from a trump supporter (someone who supports Trump over Nikki Haley).

I believe Nikki Haley is Republicans best chance to defeat Joe Biden. Change my mind:

I don't believe anyone who voted for Biden in 2020 is going to vote for Trump in November.

What makes me wrong? Why is Trump a better option for a general election than Nikki Haley?
Because he's running against a bobblehead.🤷

I’m definitely not a trump supporter but I think he can win based upon basically every poll showing him winning.

Do you believe the polling based on what occurred in New Hampshire alone last night?

I will help them out. "Math" is the answer.

Trump had a 50% approval rating and lost the election. Biden's at 38%. All of the the same people who voted for Trump are going to vote for him again. A lot of the people who voted for Biden are gonna stay home.

You're not wrong. But you're talking to human trash so don't get your expectations up.

Nikki would be a formidable opponent in November. People think I'm a flaming lib and a Biden 4-Evah guy on HORT. Considering where he's at and who's waiting in the wings if something happens, I'd give Nikki a look if I believed she could right the Republican ship. Not saying she can, because R''s have gone straight up loon, but at some point we need 1/2 the country to wake up from the cult and get back to arguing (mostly) policy and not being a bunch of aggrieved, scared, whiny, conspiracy theorist losers. Unlike most of them, I'm willing to look and my guess is there are a lot like me.

As it stands, I haven't even paid attention to Nikki. She may be far less "centrist" than I think she is and if so, I'd stick with Biden. But for now, there's no point in wasting time on learning more about her because the repubber's can't get off Trump's dick. The choice is obviously Biden in November if you're not scum of the earth.

Last edited:

Trump had a 50% approval rating and lost the election. Biden's at 38%. All of the the same people who voted for Trump are going to vote for him again. A lot of the people who voted for Biden are gonna stay home.

There is a subset of the “same people” (2020 Trump voters) who then witnessed Jan 6.

Trump will not receive the same # of votes as 2020.

What about the Rs who voted for Biden and are now disappointed or drinking the conservative media Kool Aid?

My guess is that Biden loses a lot of that crossover vote. Maybe cognitive dissonance will keep them from voting for Trump, but they could stay home or vote 3rd party.

Those folks could be susceptible to a good No Labels ticket. Some think the No Labels folks only want to undermine Biden. If so, maybe they only run a ticket that won't pull from Trump. But who knows?

Reactions: cigaretteman

You’re not wrong. Trump energizes his base, but he really energizes Democrats and Independents to get out and vote against him.

What about the Rs who voted for Biden and are now disappointed or drinking the conservative media Kool Aid?

My guess is that Biden loses a lot of that crossover vote. Maybe cognitive dissonance will keep them from voting for Trump, but they could stay home or vote 3rd party.

Those folks could be susceptible to a good No Labels ticket. Some think the No Labels folks only want to undermine Biden. If so, maybe they only run a ticket that won't pull from Trump. But who knows?
I’ve noticed you’re a lot like Chicken Little. You know why.

Reactions: thewop

The R base is so much smaller than ever before, thankfully. Still way too many cultists believing a conman though.

Biden butchered his competition last night and wasn't even on the ballot.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I don’t buy it. There is no way Trump is adding more votes to his 2020 levels.

This election comes down to the same 5-6 states as 2020 so there’s work to be done. But polling has shown itself to be fundamentally flawed when Trump is involved.
I don't think either hits their vote totals from previous election cycle.

Reactions: mattymoknows
Ok so I am in the middle. When I see Biden all I can think of is a corpse. And if he kicks the bucket the thought of his VP running this country is pretty scary. She doesn't even talk like a human. She talks in like sound bites or gypsy curses. Thats why like I have said before if you put a gun to my head I am voting Trump.

Also regardless of what you may think the immigration in the country is getting out of control. NYC's mayor publicly stated a month or two ago that it isn't sustainable at this rate.

Ok so I am in the middle. When I see Biden all I can think of is a corpse. And if he kicks the bucket the thought of his VP running this country is pretty scary. She doesn't even talk like a human. She talks in like sound bites or gypsy curses. Thats why like I have said before if you put a gun to my head I am voting Trump.

Also regardless of what you may think the immigration in the country is getting out of control. NYC's mayor publicly stated a month or two ago that it isn't sustainable at this rate.
Pathetic

Just my opinion, but I think the Trump support you see on the news, these die hard, "He can do no evil" people were never going to not vote for him. I don't think Trump is attracting a lot of new voters, it's just his cult members are making the most noise and getting the most press. There are a lot of level headed conservatives (my dad, who always voted straight ticket GOP) and my Catholic father-in-law who will not be voting for Trump. There is a lot of fatigue with him and as these trials and evidence come out I think it will turn away reasonable voters. Till then FoxNews and right wing cable will always have the same willfully ignorant supporters on TV and give the impression that his base is growing, but it isn't. Sadly, I think anyone but Biden would stand a better chance against him, it's too late to put some in.

I just hope that maybe in 2028 we can find some young new candidates who haven't been corrupted too much by Washington and lobbyists. We can dream, right?

35% of republican voters in New Hampshire won't vote for him, besides I voted for him twice and won't again

Reactions: mattymoknows
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT