ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's call to RFK re: Vaccines

Independents need to consider the fact that RFK and Trump are working together. A vote for RFK is not a vote against the other two candidates, it's a vote for Trump.
They've worked together before at the very beginning of his first term and the project was never allowed to get off the ground. If Kennedy dropped out, Kennedy's votes would turn into Trump votes, no question. That said, Kennedy at the moment is running his own campaign.

A lot of the people who would vote for Trump have been disappointed with his public vaccine stance. You can see it all over Twitter, etc.. This footage just solidifies the suspicions vaccine skeptics have had all along that Trump himself is aware that what's happening with vaccines is wrong and wants to do something about it.

Funny that this is something that some of the most powerful men in the world acknowledge, but a lot of the a-holes on this board can't seem to wrap their head around.

Independents need to consider the fact that RFK and Trump are working together. A vote for RFK is not a vote against the other two candidates, it's a vote for Trump.
Someone will need to explain that to the folks tabulating votes, or it might not work.

Reactions: 83Hawk
Former president Donald Trump appeared to share Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s long-held vaccine skepticism and urged the independent presidential candidate to do something “big” with him during a Sunday phone call, video of which was posted online by Bobby Kennedy III, the independent candidate’s son.

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

“I would love you to do something,” Trump told Robert F. Kennedy Jr. during the call, according to the video. “And I think it’ll be so good for you and so big for you. And we’re going to win.”
To that, Kennedy replied: “Yeah.”
“We’re way ahead of the guy,” Trump added, apparently referring to President Biden.
It was not immediately clear what Trump meant by doing something big. His campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In the video — which Bobby Kennedy III shared on X before removing it — Trump said that “something’s wrong with that whole system” while speaking of vaccines.

“When you feed a baby, Bobby, a vaccination that is like 38 different vaccines, and it looks like it’s meant for a horse, not a, you know, 10-pound or 20-pound baby,” Trump said at one point. He suggested that babies can later “change radically.”

David Gorski, a Wayne State University professor of surgery and oncology and managing editor of Science-Based Medicine, which debunks misinformation in medicine, noted that vaccines are not as large as Trump is portraying, which is common anti-vaccine rhetoric, nor is there any evidence that the childhood vaccine schedule with multiple shots in succession causes autism.

In the now-deleted post in which he shared the footage, Bobby Kennedy III — who has said he supports his father’s presidential campaign — wrote that he is a “firm believer that these sorts of conversations should be had in public.”

“Here’s Trump giving his real opinion to my dad about vaccinating kids — this was the day after the assassination attempt,” Bobby Kennedy III wrote. “... This is not a cheapfake or somebody doing a Trump voice. This is the real deal.”
By Tuesday morning, the video had been taken down, and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. issued an apology to Trump over it.
“When President Trump called me I was taping with an in-house videographer,” Kennedy wrote in a post shared on X. “I should have ordered the videographer to stop recording immediately. I am mortified that this was posted. I apologize to the president.”

In the call, Trump also described the conversation he had with Biden on Saturday after he survived an assassination attempt at a campaign rally in Butler, Pa.
A gunman attempted to shoot Trump, killing one rally attendee and injuring two others. Trump was rushed to a hospital and later said that a bullet grazed his right ear. His campaign, however, has not released details about his injury.

Trump told Kennedy that Biden, in a call after the shooting, asked him how he felt, and Trump said he described his injury to Biden as being hit by “the world’s largest mosquito.”
Trump was hurt in the ear and has since been seen wearing a bandage. Trump, in his conversation with Kennedy, described the call with Biden as “very nice.” He also said the gun that authorities believe was used in the shooting, an AR-15, is “pretty tough.”

In his post, Bobby Kennedy III wrote that Trump “could have picked a unity ticket” that included his father.
Democratic critics of Kennedy seized on his conversation with Trump, suggesting it was further evidence that Kennedy entered the race to damage Biden.
In a statement to The Washington Post, Democratic National Committee spokeswoman Lis Smith said Kennedy “has no path to victory in this race and is nothing more than a spoiler for Trump.”

Trump’s comments to Kennedy on the phone call about vaccines echo his history of vaccine skepticism.
Trump previously said in a 2012 call into “Fox & Friends” that “they go in, they get this monster shot — you ever see the size of it? It’s like they’re pumping in, you know it’s terrible, the amount, and they pump this into this little body, and then all of a sudden the child is different a month later. And I strongly believe that’s it.”

He also has tweeted anti-vaccine rhetoric, claiming in 2012 that “massive combined inoculations to small children is the cause for big increase in autism.” There is no scientific proof that the childhood vaccine schedule causes autism.
In 2015 at a Republican primary debate, he argued against the childhood vaccination schedule, saying about some vaccines “it looks just like it’s meant for a horse, not for a child.”

During his presidency, Trump did not follow through on his anti-vaccine beliefs, said Gorski, the Wayne State University professor. In fact, Trump’s administration worked to speed the development of coronavirus vaccines.
But, “this time around, who knows?” Gorski said. “If he’s elected, he very well might appoint someone you know like that” to run the Food and Drug Administration or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “You could imagine the CDC starting to backtrack on the vaccines it recommends.”
Peter Hotez, a vaccine scientist and author of “The Deadly Rise of Anti-Science: A Scientist’s Warning,” said this is part of continued attacks on vaccines that have become canon for the Republican Party.
“We’ve seen a steady erosion of support for science,” he said, in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

Is that how Biden won the last election? If people didn’t vote for Trump, they just gave the vote to Biden. This year they are changing it up and anyone that doesn’t vote for Biden is an automatic vote for Trump.

pretty sure if someone votes for RFK, it means they are voting for RFK.

zSBbviK.jpeg

Is that how Biden won the last election? If people didn’t vote for Trump, they just gave the vote to Biden. This year they are changing it up and anyone that doesn’t vote for Biden is an automatic vote for Trump.

pretty sure if someone votes for RFK, it means they are voting for RFK.

They've worked together before at the very beginning of his first term and the project was never allowed to get off the ground. If Kennedy dropped out, Kennedy's votes would turn into Trump votes, no question. That said, Kennedy at the moment is running his own campaign.

A lot of the people who would vote for Trump have been disappointed with his public vaccine stance. You can see it all over Twitter, etc.. This footage just solidifies the suspicions vaccine skeptics have had all along that Trump himself is aware that what's happening with vaccines is wrong and wants to do something about it.

Funny that this is something that some of the most powerful men in the world acknowledge, but a lot of the a-holes on this board can't seem to wrap their head around.

Someone will need to explain that to the folks tabulating votes, or it might not work.

So if a person casts their vote for RFK it shows up in Trump's vote total? That's interesting.
As I'm sure you are all aware 3rd party candidates do not have a chance of winning a Presidential race under the current electoral system. They play spoilers by pulling votes away from one candidate or the other. Less informed Democratic voters could see the name RFK Jr. on the ballot and assume they have the opportunity to vote for a younger left leaning candidate. That could take away votes from Biden, however, most of the people I've seen vocally supporting Kennedy on this board are former Trump voters so it may balance out.

Everyone has the right to vote for their preferred candidate, I choose to vote for 1 of the two candidates that have a chance to win.

Again, if people want themselves and their kids to get the polio vac then get it!

You do understand that there is a cost to society when infectious diseases that had been previously eliminated via vaccines start to crop up again.

Healthcare systems, places of learning, businesses, etc suffer when these diseases are reintroduced.

So, a better way of saying it would be: “if you want to be an asshole and a drain to society, you can choose to not vaccinate yourself or your kids”

You do understand that there is a cost to society when infectious diseases that had been previously eliminated via vaccines start to crop up again.

Healthcare systems, places of learning, businesses, etc suffer when these diseases are reintroduced.

So, a better way of saying it would be: “if you want to be an asshole and a drain to society, you can choose to not vaccinate yourself or your kids”
Oh now we're back on this again.

The trouble you people can't properly fill in the C / B equation. You have to KNOW that before you can make statements like that. You don't, so don't.

There is no law saying they have to get the polio vac now. They may be required to attend public school or in other situations, but it's still a choice.
Many people feel like they don't have a choice. People get kicked out of their peds office or medical office if not vaccinated to their specs. In most cases you can get out of the school "mandates" with exemptions, but too many people don't realize their options or just feel it's too burdensome to bother with it. It's a lot for people when you have the medical establishment breathing down your neck, and knowing you're on your own if you don't do what they say. Also, there is no true informed consent so people don't know any better in the first place.

Many people feel like they don't have a choice. People get kicked out of their peds office or medical office if not vaccinated to their specs. In most cases you can get out of the school "mandates" with exemptions, but too many people don't realize their options or just feel it's too burdensome to bother with it. It's a lot for people when you have the medical establishment breathing down your neck, and knowing you're on your own if you don't do what they say. Also, there is no true informed consent, so people don't know any better in the first place.
They should not have a choice when it comes to schools. It should be mandated. Home school if you don't like it. You would have to be an idiot to not vaccinate your kids for measles, polio, etc.

Many people feel like they don't have a choice. People get kicked out of their peds office or medical office if not vaccinated to their specs. In most cases you can get out of the school "mandates" with exemptions, but too many people don't realize their options or just feel it's too burdensome to bother with it. It's a lot for people when you have the medical establishment breathing down your neck, and knowing you're on your own if you don't do what they say. Also, there is no true informed consent, so people don't know any better in the first place.
The school requirement is easy to take care of, all they need to do is start their own private schools with no vaccine requirements. Hell, in Iowa the government will pay their tution to go there. As far as doctors, they'll have to shop around to find a physician that allows patients to go unvaccinated.

They should not have a choice when it comes to schools. It should be mandated. Home school if you don't like it. You would have to be an idiot to not vaccinate your kids for measles, polio, etc.
Good thing the laws don't rest solely on your opinion.

As I'm sure you are all aware 3rd party candidates do not have a chance of winning a Presidential race under the current electoral system. They play spoilers by pulling votes away from one candidate or the other. Less informed Democratic voters could see the name RFK Jr. on the ballot and assume they have the opportunity to vote for a younger left leaning candidate. That could take away votes from Biden, however, most of the people I've seen vocally supporting Kennedy on this board are former Trump voters so it may balance out.

Everyone has the right to vote for their preferred candidate, I choose to vote for 1 of the two candidates that have a chance to win.
So is voting RFK not a vote for Trump then like you previously mentioned?
I’d like to know if voting for him is a vote for Trump or Biden.

So is voting RFK not a vote for Trump then like you previously mentioned?
I’d like to know if voting for him is a vote for Trump or Biden.
I already explained how 3rd party candidates are spoilers. Apparently you either don't understand or don't want to understand so there is no point in continuing a conversation with you.

I already explained how 3rd party candidates are spoilers. Apparently you either don't understand or don't want to understand so there is no point in continuing a conversation with you.
Well you said a vote for RFK was a vote for Trump. Then you changed your tune a bit. So I just want to know for sure who a vote for RFK would go to. Or does your cult leader just tell you to say a vote for RFK is a vote for Trump.

The school requirement is easy to take care of, all they need to do is start their own private schools with no vaccine requirements. Hell, in Iowa the government will pay their tution to go there. As far as doctors, they'll have to shop around to find a physician that allows patients to go unvaccinated.
Might not be a bad idea, to get more kids out of this woke environment they're being exposed to at some of these public schools. As if this Country didn't have enough division as it is.

Well you said a vote for RFK was a vote for Trump. Then you changed your tune a bit. So I just want to know for sure who a vote for RFK would go to. Or does your cult leader just tell you to say a vote for RFK is a vote for Trump.
For these guys, a vote for a 3rd party (or a non vote), is ALWAYS a vote for the Republican...NEVER the Democrat.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Or send them to a private school that doesn't mandate vaccinations.

Reactions: gohawks50
Then we become exempt from paying taxes to the schools if we can’t use our facilities? Sign me up!

Might not be a bad idea, to get more kids out of this woke environment they're being exposed to at some of these public schools. As if this Country didn't have enough division as it is.
Go for it. I can't wait to see what happens in schools where no vaccines are required. I will feel sorry for the children that suffer unnecessary illnesses because their parents refused to listen to medical experts.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT