ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Edge? New Poll Shows Public Opinion Shifting Over Ex-President's Role In Jan. 6 Capitol Riots: 'They Were Whipped Into A Frenzy By FBI'

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
The inaugural phase of the 2024 presidential election begins with the Iowa Republican Caucus on Jan. 15. Despite the looming threat of debarment, the momentum is notably shifting in favor of Donald Trump, as indicated by a recent poll released on Monday.

What Happened: A Washington Post-University of Maryland poll identified a decline in the percentage of individuals attributing responsibility to Trump for the Jan. 6 Capitol Hill riots, relative to December 2021.

Approximately 53% of respondents indicated that the former president was either a great deal or a good amount responsible for the riot, in contrast to 60% in 2021. Conducted online and via phone from Dec. 14-18, 2023, the poll engaged 1,024 adults.

A noteworthy trend emerged, indicating a reduced perception of violence among the Jan. 6 protestors compared to 2021. The Post’s report highlighted evolving views in follow-up interviews, where some now believed the riot was instigated by law enforcement to quell political dissent.

A voter from Ohio, Colleen Michaels, captured the sentiment: “There were so many people that felt the election was rigged. It was not right for them to break in like that, but they were fed up and frustrated, and they were whipped into a frenzy by the FBI and others.”

However, only 33% believed Trump was innocent of criminal conspiracy charges related to defrauding the U.S., contrasting with 56% who considered him guilty. While 57% believed the Department of Justice was holding Trump accountable under the law like any other individual, 41% perceived unfair targeting.

The proportion of respondents endorsing President Joe Biden‘s legitimate election decreased from 69% in 2021 to 62% presently, leading to a rise in those deeming Biden’s election as illegitimate, from 29% to 36%. Addressing a separate question, 33% asserted widespread evidence of voter fraud in the 2020 elections, up from 30% in 2021, with the proportion claiming solid evidence dropping from 68% to 63%.

The significance lies in the efforts by liberals and activists in various states to debar Trump from the 2024 presidential ballot, invoking Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. Simultaneously, Trump seeks relief under presidential immunity.

Despite facing civil and criminal cases, Trump holds a commanding position in the GOP primary race with 61.3% support, as per a composite score compiled from multiple polls by polling analytic firm FiveThirtyEight. In contrast, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis lags significantly with only 11.3% voter support.

Funny I posted the same thing, only using MSNBC. Lots of reads but few comments. How long do you think our treads will stay towards the top? I'm betting they will be second- or third-page treads by end of day.

Reactions: Scruddy
Funny I posted the same thing, only using MSNBC. Lots of reads but few comments. How long do you think our treads will stay towards the top? I'm betting they will be second- or third-page treads by end of day.
The Democrats are in denial, they know the truth is coming out and at the end of the day they will be labeled the insurrectionists.

The Democrats are in denial, they know the truth is coming out and at the end of the day they will be labeled the insurrectionists.
I keep seeing more video's being released. I reserve my judgement until I know it's not doctored up. But what I've seen so far is the police were set up. I watched one video that the cop is repeatedly saying it "we've been set up."

Nice to hear from those living in cookoo land. Those of us living in you know... reality know that the election was legitimate and 60+ court cases and ALL the evidence shows that. Keep yourself in cookoo land where you belong dumbass

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
They all know the truth but their religion doesn't allow them to speak it. Same thing with gay. Leftist heads are dodging the plagiarism entirely and blaming it entirely on racism. The J6 riot was obviously assisted by the FBI and capitol police (at minimum) and everyone knows it. Leftism is a cult of publicly denying reality though.

Nice to hear from those living in cookoo land. Those of us living in you know... reality know that the election was legitimate and 60+ court cases and ALL the evidence shows that. Keep yourself in cookoo land where you belong dumbass
You're behind the times as usual, Nelly. Your boy Elias just lost a major 2020 election lawsuit yesterday lol

They all know the truth but their religion doesn't allow them to speak it. Same thing with gay. Leftist heads are dodging the plagiarism entirely and blaming it entirely on racism. The J6 riot was obviously assisted by the FBI and capitol police (at minimum) and everyone knows it. Leftism is a cult of publicly denying reality though.
Stupidity is destroying our country.

@RicoSuave102954 , told you they'd let this slide into page 2 or 3. They have zero to say when it's posted by MSNBC. If it was posted by Fox they'd be trolling the hell out of our threads.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Listen Bernie Sanders GIF by GIPHY News

I keep seeing more video's being released. I reserve my judgement until I know it's not doctored up. But what I've seen so far is the police were set up. I watched one video that the cop is repeatedly saying it "we've been set up."
Link please

I'm gonna take one for the team & let you guys in on a secret - it's useless to try & have a discourse with you guys. You're conspiracy theorists, Qanon lunatics whose minds will never be changed by anything anyone posts. That or you're trolls who crave the attention. Either way, there's no point. Hope this helps.

I'm gonna take one for the team & let you guys in on a secret - it's useless to try & have a discourse with you guys. You're conspiracy theorists, Qanon lunatics whose minds will never be changed by anything anyone posts. That or you're trolls who crave the attention. Either way, there's no point. Hope this helps.
Bye

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT