ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to gain weight

GOHOX69

HB Legend
Sep 26, 2009
So, as keen hort readers know, @jamesvanderwulf wants to kick my ass in pickleball. And so far I've deftly avoided him. As i have @torbee. I can guess the latter is younger than me and the former might be a tad older or maybe the same age.

As I approach my mid 50's, I notice I'm losing muscle mass. My science gig still requires on my feet action etc but obviously I'm not an athlete.

My question to hort adonises is how do I gain some additional muscle mass so this pickleball thing happens before I'm dead.

Short of roids and hgh, what would help? Based on a formula I saw on the net, it begins at 2 grams protein/pound body weight. I'm not fat so in my situation that's about 200 grams of protein per day. I can't suck down that much protein powder minus puking so how do people sustain that level of protein intake?

If this doesn't work, I'll be in Tijuana scoring roids.

Yeeeears ago i fell asleep in the taco bell drive thru at 2 AM. Luckily it was far enough back that people could go around me. A top 5 low point in my adult life #shame
I passed out at a kum n go in the mid 90's, at night. Last thing I remember was the fill plug where the gasoline semis fill the underground tanks. Thank God for friends.

I passed out at a kum n go in the mid 90's, at night. Last thing I remember was the fill plug where the gasoline semis fill the underground tanks. Thank God for friends.
I woke up to a guy knocking on my window. I immediately sped off like a crazy person

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Thank you. I'm new to all this. Getting old sucks.
Glad to help. The other thing I recommend is to track your calories for a few weeks to the gram. Use an app like my fitness pal. You’ll be shocked at how many calories you eat or don’t eat in a day. Most Americans underestimate their calories by like 500-1000 per day hence the obesity crisis. Once you establish a maintenance number for daily calories add about 500 per day for a proper bulk. Your goal should be about a .5 to 1 pound per week.

Half an avacado, a couple spoonfuls of oats, some whole milk and frozen blueberries blended up with vanilla whey tastes like blueberry and nut soft serve in the correct ratios and is quite filling.

Thinking back, I actually lost 10 lbs when I was eating those smoothies. So maybe not what you’re looking for, but I was the most shredded I’ve ever been when I was eating those twice a day.

Glad to help. The other thing I recommend is to track your calories for a few weeks to the gram. Use an app like my fitness pal. You’ll be shocked at how many calories you eat or don’t eat in a day. Most Americans underestimate their calories by like 500-1000 per day hence the obesity crisis. Once you establish a maintenance number for daily calories add about 500 per day for a proper bulk. Your goal should be about a .5 to 1 pound per week.
Thank you again.

Reactions: HawkNester
So, as keen hort readers know, @jamesvanderwulf wants to kick my ass in pickleball. And so far I've deftly avoided him. As i have @torbee. I can guess the latter is younger than me and the former might be a tad older or maybe the same age.

As I approach my mid 50's, I notice I'm losing muscle mass. My science gig still requires on my feet action etc but obviously I'm not an athlete.

My question to hort adonises is how do I gain some additional muscle mass so this pickleball thing happens before I'm dead.

Short of roids and hgh, what would help? Based on a formula I saw on the net, it begins at 2 grams protein/pound body weight. I'm not fat so in my situation that's about 200 grams of protein per day. I can't suck down that much protein powder minus puking so how do people sustain that level of protein intake?

If this doesn't work, I'll be in Tijuana scoring roids.
Not being Indian always worked for me

Any thoughts on turkesterone?

The research I’ve seen points to more of a placebo effect. Creatine is the best, most researched, and proven effective. Don’t fall trap to other supplements. It’s mostly a grift. Pre workout might be the biggest grift of all time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT