ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to gain weight

Lift heavy, compound movements, 40 grams of protein 5x a day. Hit muscles groups 3x a week, 3 sets to failure. Eat 400 calories over TDEE per day. Egg whites, chicken breast wrapped in lo carb high fiber wraps. A couple protein shakes from fairlife(Sam’s club version). Creatine post workout
you are gonna get @GOHOX69 up to 200+ and wanting to meet up with @jamesvanderwulf and @torbee in a parking lot instead of the pickleball court :)

So, as keen hort readers know, @jamesvanderwulf wants to kick my ass in pickleball. And so far I've deftly avoided him. As i have @torbee. I can guess the latter is younger than me and the former might be a tad older or maybe the same age.

As I approach my mid 50's, I notice I'm losing muscle mass. My science gig still requires on my feet action etc but obviously I'm not an athlete.

My question to hort adonises is how do I gain some additional muscle mass so this pickleball thing happens before I'm dead.
@jamesvanderwulf wants to kick my ass :):):) Malarky...

As a fellow ICW alumni, my intent was to introduce an ex tennis player to the rules and then the nuances of the game so that you might hold your own vs. the blood thirsty geriatrics that prowl the courts looking for fresh meat. Racket ( paddle ) skills, quickness and smarts are what you need not bulk, but I think you know that. ;) Are you still working across from the Hygienic Lab on Oakdale Blvd? I drive by 3 times a week at 7:30 am. We need to make a plan...before I'm dead. I'm a couple three " tads " older than you...

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
@jamesvanderwulf wants to kick my ass :):):) Malarky...

As a fellow ICW alumni, my intent was to introduce an ex tennis player to the rules and then the nuances of the game so that you might hold your own vs. the blood thirsty geriatrics that prowl the courts looking for fresh meat. Racket ( paddle ) skills, quickness and smarts are what you need not bulk, but I think you know that. ;) Are you still working across from the Hygienic Lab on Oakdale Blvd? I drive by 3 times a week at 7:30 am. We need to make a plan...before I'm dead. I'm a couple three " tads " older than you...
I actually don't. I'm transiting into my own gig and looking for commercial space. If you know of any, please hit me up. Like for realz.

P.S. you know I like to kid you right? I would meet any of you for a drink. I've met 2 in real life.

I actually don't. I'm transiting into my own gig and looking for commercial space. If you know of any, please hit me up. Like for realz.

P.S. you know I like to kid you right? I would meet any of you for a drink. I've met 2 in real life.
What are your requirements for space? Office? Warehouse? High traffic area? There would seem to be a glut of commercial spaces from what I see. Maybe they're overpriced, IDK...

What are your requirements for space? Office? Warehouse? High traffic area? There would seem to be a glut of commercial spaces from what I see. Maybe they're overpriced, IDK...
There are lots of unoccupied spaces. I've started to call. Empty space with some office. Some biotech machinery will go in.

There are lots of unoccupied spaces. I've started to call. Empty space with some office. Some biotech machinery will go in.
Maybe you should wait. Isn't Harris promising 50K incentives for new new start up business? That being said there are a ton of new " pole building " type spaces being built down here in Hills, just off I 380/27...

Reactions: GOHOX69
2 grams of protein per pound body weight is way too much for the average lifter. If you can get one gram per pound you're doing well.

That said, not sure how adding muscle mass will enhance your performance on the pickleball court.
Cuz he’ll look super cut while he’s losing.

Maybe you should wait. Isn't Harris promising 50K incentives for new new start up business? That being said there are a ton of new " pole building " type spaces being built down here in Hills, just off I 380/27...
My entire group is 60 something rich white guys. I don't think they're waiting for Harris. 😀

Sounds like I'm out, I only meet 2/3 of that criteria...missing...the rich part. I can wash test tubes, I guess...
You'll be just fine. I just need to get this shit set up and meet you and torbee. I'm a giant introvert and besides getting in shape, need to change that.

At 5'10 and 170lb why are you concerned with bulking up? You should maintain that weight and look to increase your core strength and not add muscle mass. Walking/Running and simply lifting weights or exercises should help you achieve that.
No. It's all about body composition. Maybe if he has not an ounce of fat on him. What he most likely should do is lose fat, gain muscle and end up in the neighborhood of his current weight.

(What a good weight might be depends... You'd have to understand his bone structure etc)

talking eric cartman GIF by South Park

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT