ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsi Gabbard doing the Kremlin's work...

Jane Fonda? You are so far off the mark with me I wonder if the refs missed a blatant blow to your shooting arm as you released.

As for propagation of misinformation, my belief is the emphasis should be on the eyes rather than the lies. I take Twitter with a grain of salt, I see you take it pretty seriously, I’d posit that as an explanation for why you are more concerned with Gabbard’s Twitter takes than I.
Seems Russia is taking it seriously. SMH

Then you're missing the point here.
What is the point?

It looks to me that there are labs in Ukraine that may or may not have dangerous contents, and the Russians are trying to use
that spooky fact as a retroactive justification for their illegal invasion. Gabbard appears to be trying to repeat the true parts of the Russian propaganda, (there are labs with potentially dangerous contents) probably out of self-promotion and spite.

What am I missing?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
What is the point?

It looks to me that there are labs in Ukraine that may or may not have dangerous contents, and the Russians are trying to use
that spooky fact as a retroactive justification for their illegal invasion. Gabbard appears to be trying to repeat the true parts of the Russian propaganda, (there are labs with potentially dangerous contents) probably out of self-promotion and spite.

What am I missing?
Jane Fonda was vilified by the right for being used as a propaganda tool by the enemy.

Gabbard is being celebrated for it.

What is the point?

What am I missing?
There are biolabs in Ukraine that everyone knew about when they were built. Now Russia and media you follow contend they are bioweapons labs. This country is becoming so dumb.

There are biolabs in Ukraine that everyone knew about when they were built. Now Russia and media you follow contend they are bioweapons labs. This country is becoming so dumb.
Again with the complete misread on me. My daily media diet is NPR, Thom Hartmann, Democracy Now, and whatever @cigaretteman is posting. This kind of take is why I jumped into this thread. You guys are habitually assuming so much about people from such tiny samples of information. I don’t see where anyone here is contending these are bio weapons labs. I see others and myself calling some posters out on their hyperbolic thought-policing of what they consider to be parroting or reinforcing Russian propaganda.

It seems like some of you posters are intractably invested into the binary “us and them” of American party politics: I am not outraged in the way some of you expect a Democrat to be outraged and so you accuse me of hating Jane Fonda or consuming right wing media—because that’s the easiest and most comfortable explanation that makes sense to you. Well I’ve cast exactly 1 vote for the Republican side of the aisle in my entire life and that was for Jim Leach right after he voted against the Iraq war resolution—but you guys know my real deal, right? Wrong. Your perception is incorrect. Perhaps it’s because you guys consume a lot of cable news and Twitter.

Again with the complete misread on me. My daily media diet is NPR, Thom Hartmann, Democracy Now, and whatever @cigaretteman is posting. This kind of take is why I jumped into this thread. You guys are habitually assuming so much about people from such tiny samples of information. I don’t see where anyone here is contending these are bio weapons labs. I see others and myself calling some posters out on their hyperbolic thought-policing of what they consider to be parroting or reinforcing Russian propaganda.

It seems like some of you posters are intractably invested into the binary “us and them” of American party politics: I am not outraged in the way some of you expect a Democrat to be outraged and so you accuse me of hating Jane Fonda or consuming right wing media—because that’s the easiest and most comfortable explanation that makes sense to you. Well I’ve cast exactly 1 vote for the Republican side of the aisle in my entire life and that was for Jim Leach right after he voted against the Iraq war resolution—but you guys know my real deal, right? Wrong. Your perception is incorrect. Perhaps it’s because you guys consume a lot of cable news and Twitter.

I was not accusing you of "hating Jane Fonda"

I was pointing out the difference in how Jane Fonda was treated vs. how Tulsi Gabbard is treated by people observing their actions being used by an adversary for anti-American propaganda.

Reactions: Joes Place
If Trump is alive and the GOP candidate in 2024, I can see TG as his running mate.

That'll only last for as long as he can keep from groping her....

Unless she's even more committed (or compromised) than I think here...

Dark Horse Republican nominee for president since Trump will either be dead or in prison and DeSantis losing steam nation and statewide.
All she has to do first is change her position on every major issue.

- Supports abortion rights.

- Supports same-sex marriage rights.

- Has an A+ rating on civil liberties issues from organizations committed to supporting the Fourth Amendment.

- Supports Medicare For All and the “Single Payer Plus” universal health care plan.

- Supports free community college tuition for all and supports free four-year college tuition for all students whose family income is less than $125,000.

- Supports raising the minimum wage to $15/hour.

- Supports campaign finance reform.

- Supports slashing defense spending and reducing overseas troop deployments.

- Supports ending fossil fuel subsidies and transferring those funds to renewable energy sources.

- Supports ending the private prison system and the cash bail system.

- Supports legalizing marijuana and overturning previous marijuana convictions.

- Has an F-rating from the National Rifle Association for supporting an assault weapons ban and a universal background check system for all firearms purchases.

- Has a 100% rating from the Human Rights Campaign for issues related to LGBT equality.

Reactions: cigaretteman

Derp.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii officially abandoned her campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday and offered support to former Vice President Joe Biden, saying it’s clear that primary voters have chosen him to take on President Trump.

“Although I may not agree with the vice president on every issue, I know he has a good heart, and he’s motivated by his love for our country and the American people,” she said in a video to supporters she posted on Twitter. She said Biden would “help heal the divisiveness that has been tearing our country apart.”

Gabbard also praised Sen. Bernie Sanders, who has fallen behind Biden in the delegate count and has little chance to catch up. In 2016, Gabbard backed Sanders against Hillary Clinton, leaving a post with the Democratic National Committee to endorse the Vermont senator.

Her endorsement of Biden quiets speculation about whether she would launch a bid as a third-party candidate, which she long said she would not do.

Reactions: hwk23

I hit a paywall on one link and the other link says she criticized the FBI on Tucker Carlson’s show, but makes no mention of her voting for Trump.

Derp.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii officially abandoned her campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday and offered support to former Vice President Joe Biden, saying it’s clear that primary voters have chosen him to take on President Trump.

“Although I may not agree with the vice president on every issue, I know he has a good heart, and he’s motivated by his love for our country and the American people,” she said in a video to supporters she posted on Twitter. She said Biden would “help heal the divisiveness that has been tearing our country apart.”

Gabbard also praised Sen. Bernie Sanders, who has fallen behind Biden in the delegate count and has little chance to catch up. In 2016, Gabbard backed Sanders against Hillary Clinton, leaving a post with the Democratic National Committee to endorse the Vermont senator.

Her endorsement of Biden quiets speculation about whether she would launch a bid as a third-party candidate, which she long said she would not do.

She didn't (and doesn't) support Biden. Trump gave money to Hillary.

All she has to do first is change her position on every major issue.

- Supports abortion rights.

- Supports same-sex marriage rights.

- Has an A+ rating on civil liberties issues from organizations committed to supporting the Fourth Amendment.

- Supports Medicare For All and the “Single Payer Plus” universal health care plan.

- Supports free community college tuition for all and supports free four-year college tuition for all students whose family income is less than $125,000.

- Supports raising the minimum wage to $15/hour.

- Supports campaign finance reform.

- Supports slashing defense spending and reducing overseas troop deployments.

- Supports ending fossil fuel subsidies and transferring those funds to renewable energy sources.

- Supports ending the private prison system and the cash bail system.

- Supports legalizing marijuana and overturning previous marijuana convictions.

- Has an F-rating from the National Rifle Association for supporting an assault weapons ban and a universal background check system for all firearms purchases.

- Has a 100% rating from the Human Rights Campaign for issues related to LGBT equality.
I bet the civil liberties, Human rights Campaign, and NRA ratings flip within 30 days.

The power of the D or R by the name is strong.

She didn't (and doesn't) support Biden. Trump gave money to Hillary.
Well, that endorsement I just quoted for you from the LA Times.

Derp.

She’s consistently and cogently anti-war, which made her anti-Hillary, which is why the Establishment came down on her with lies and bullshit because they’re rather you talk about the lies and bullshit than the consequences of their failed wars.

• Haha
Reactions: hwk23 and RileyHawk

Derp.

She’s consistently and cogently anti-war, which made her anti-Hillary, which is why the Establishment came down on her with lies and bullshit because they’re rather you talk about the lies and bullshit than the consequences of their failed wars.
In 2016, Tulsi resigned her position as Vice Chair of the DNC so she could campaign for Bernie. Hillary has hated her with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns ever since.

Reactions: goldmom
In 2016, Tulsi resigned her position as Vice Chair of the DNC so she could campaign for Bernie. Hillary has hated her with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns ever since.
Well, when the vice-chair of the DNC says the party has rigged the nomination in your favor, it’s harder to get everyone to dismiss it. So you start hammering that person with lies. Call them a foreign agent, etc.

Reactions: goldmom

Derp.

I don't believe her. She lied about supporting Biden given everything else she's said and done

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I don't believe her. She lied about supporting Biden given everything else she's said and done
What she has 'said and done' is point out the futility, waste and counterproductivity of the neocons' wars.
Hillary never met a neocon war she didn't support, so they inevitably clashed.

Hillary would rather avoid discussing how those wars have turned out, so she makes outlandish claims to dupe gullible people and get them talking about her lies, instead the results of her actions.

Consider yourself how often you've repeated Hillary's lies instead of discussed the consequences of the policies Hillary advanced while she had hands on the levers of power (wars in Iraq, Yemen, Syria, Libya, etc.).

You're a useful idiot. Repeating neocon lies and ignoring the reality neocon policies have created.

What she has 'said and done' is point out the futility, waste and counterproductivity of the neocons' wars.
Hillary never met a neocon war she didn't support, so they inevitably clashed.

Hillary would rather avoid discussing how those wars have turned out, so she makes outlandish claims to dupe gullible people and get them talking about her lies, instead the results of her actions.

Consider yourself how often you've repeated Hillary's lies instead of discussed the consequences of the policies Hillary advanced while she had hands on the levers of power (wars in Iraq, Yemen, Syria, Libya, etc.).

You're a useful idiot. Repeating neocon lies and ignoring the reality neocon policies have created.

Good point. Support Putin....Iike most Republicans

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT