ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter is a mess right now...

thewop

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2002
A mixture of righties posting things they previously would get banned, tagged as misinformation or suspended for like 'Trump won' or 'the vaccine doesn't stop the spread'....

And lefties saying they're going to leave, digging up any negative thing about Elon Musk they can find, saying free Twitter is fascist twitter...etc.

I just hope all the Iowa sports media doesn’t leave. I have a pretty good newsfeed now with their coverage, but its pretty clear most of them are liberals when they're not reporting sports. Saw Dochtermann was leaving the platform for at least today.

Lot of nonsense. I suppose we should expect that initially, and I don't blame dochtermann for taking the day off. It's a swamp right now.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
Just a hunch, but something tells me this purchase will ultimately destroy it.

1f6pas.jpg

Gee, I'm shocked that when you let people post whatever, that decent minded folks wouldn't want to use that platform.

I think this is the beginning of the end for Twitter.
We'll see. I hope not. I'm clearly on the left and the people I follow are mostly staying. Not to mention Elon buying it is barely a blip on the things I'm worried about, Seriously.

I am laughing at the pics of Elon with Ghislane Maxwell though.

A mixture of righties posting things they previously would get banned, tagged as misinformation or suspended for like 'Trump won' or 'the vaccine doesn't stop the spread'....
Um…the vaccine doesn’t stop the spread. All it does is make you less likely to end up in the hospital or morgue when you eventually get COVID.

How is it not? The person you follow would have to retweet the other persons tweet or like the tweet
I know yesterday afternoon my feed was littered of posts talking about how Elon has saved Twitter from the liberals and such…all because I followed SpaceX or searched for Elon at one point… it’s mostly who you follow but it pipes other stuff in based on algorithms.

Edit: from twitters docs…
What's in your Home timeline

Home serves Tweets from accounts and Topics you follow as well as recommended Tweets. You’ll also see features that help you manage your Home timeline.

The “liberal elite” (actually corporate centrist) fantasy of Twitter as a fact checked safe space town square is slightly more dangerous than the extremist free for all hellscape feared by most. Media has become far too consolidated in my lifetime and the answer is not to funnel the majority of public discourse through one brand of one medium—with or without thought police.

And lefties saying they're going to leave, digging up any negative thing about Elon Musk they can find, saying free Twitter is fascist twitter...etc.

I just hope all the Iowa sports media doesn’t leave. I have a pretty good newsfeed now with their coverage, but its pretty clear most of them are liberals when they're not reporting sports. Saw Dochtermann was leaving the platform for at least today.

Lot of nonsense. I suppose we should expect that initially, and I don't blame dochtermann for taking the day off. It's a swamp right now.

• Wow
Reactions: Tom Paris
I know it ultimately doesn’t matter as Musk is the boss, but from a process standpoint is Musk assuming a CEO role? There are steps and disclosures that need to be taken when a public company fires senior management. Is the Board involved? Etc etc

I guess it’s a private company immediately? All so strange.

Has to be an alternative embraced by the globe.

who the hell goes on Twitter looking to be outraged ?

jesus. A lot of people need to kill themselves or start living. Many seem to live hoping to be miserable and get some more to join them in misery.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
I know it ultimately doesn’t matter as Musk is the boss, but from a process standpoint is Musk assuming a CEO role? There are steps and disclosures that need to be taken when a public company fires senior management. Is the Board involved? Etc etc

I don’t know if this factors into the equation, but Twitter filed documents to be removed
from the NYSE.

Gee, I'm shocked that when you let people post whatever, that decent minded folks wouldn't want to use that platform.

I think this is the beginning of the end for Twitter.
Meh, I think it's just craziness that will die down. Probably a natural initial reaction given the past reputation of twitter for restricting speech.

Truly though, it twitter goes away entirely, (and all social media), we'll all be better off.

Um…the vaccine doesn’t stop the spread. All it does is make you less likely to end up in the hospital or morgue when you eventually get COVID.
Yes, That's known fact now...but was at one time grounds to be labeled misinformation.

Reactions: TJ8869
Meh, I think it's just craziness that will die down. Probably a natural initial reaction given the past reputation of twitter for restricting speech.

Truly though, it twitter goes away entirely, (and all social media), we'll all be better off.
I do agree on social media, HROT fits into that…think of how much more productive we would all be! But I’m not one to leave a party early!

I would have had this garage cleaned and painted on Monday probably!

Reactions: CaboKP and thewop

Yeah, he owns it. Not traded anymore. Goodbye public!

I do agree on social media, HROT fits into that…think of how much more productive we would all be! But I’m not one to leave a party early!
Yeah I left Facebook years ago. I can't think of a single person who I now thing more highly of because of something I learned about them on Facebook. That was my queue it was toxic so I left.

I use Twitter for hawkeye sports media/headlines. That's it, unless something gets inserted in my feed and I get distracted.

I spend more time on tiktok now, easy to waste time though..

Reactions: srams21
Who cares? Hopefully twitter and Facebook both fall off a cliff. Would do society a favor.
FB is a double edge sword. If FB could go back to it's "like MySpace" days, I'd like to see it stick around since it's pretty useful. For example: I like my son's school page, great place for information and open discussions (well moderated so it never becomes a bitch-fest). Additionally, I manage a small Jeep page where we coordinate wheeling events, discuss mechanical issues, and share pics. I can't imagine trying to do all that via email. Things I don't like about FB:

When its used for:
- Political propaganda (meme's, arguements, etc.)
- Self esteem booster (Incessant selfies, vacation file dump--seriously, who's going to look through 96 photos. Pick your 5 favorites and move on people)
- Like button and associated algorithms.

I don’t understand. A person only sees info from the people they follow on Twitter on their Twitter feed. For a far left person who only follows far left people, their Twitter feed will look the same as it did yesterday
Don't you ever check what's trending on Twitter? I always do. That's often where you find breaking news.

LOL, nobody on the left is going to leave and stay gone. The Twitter user base is overwhelmingly liberal. Like, equal to the most liberal house district in the country.

Plus, you choose who you follow, you can totally tailor what you see.

The only people that are going to be aggrieved by changes are the small subset of people whose interest and thrill is around targeting and de-platforming people. That is its own particular culture and past time, and THOSE are the people who see their toy being taken away. There is a cadre of folks highly committed to getting say, the Babylon Bee kicked off Twitter because they don't like the jokes.

Disempowering those people are good for everyone.

Little secret...the vast majority of normal liberal people and organizations secretly want those people neutralized as well. Because that sentiment and game plan of shaming, cancelling, crying "danger", demanding consequences, etc, which is largely organized and fueled on Twitter, has most of its real-world negative consequences against liberal institutions.

Because liberal institutions are the ones who have to "care". In their greatest wet dream, those people can get Ben Shapiro knocked off Twitter, but they can't knock him off the Daily Wire or whatever, because the Daily Wire doesn't have to respond to threats from those people.

But they can absolutely get people fired at the NYT or Climate Action Network, etc. Liberal institutions are way more vulnerable and have been way more affected by the Twitter Mob mentality.

Loosening Twitter's censorship grip doesn't directly prevent the Twitter mob from going after people, but it does remove a lot the initial reward that gives fuel to this type of troll. You can hope that it makes that game a lot less rewarding and fun, and some of those people move on to something else.

I don’t understand. A person only sees info from the people they follow on Twitter on their Twitter feed. For a far left person who only follows far left people, their Twitter feed will look the same as it did yesterday
Yeah all I’m seeing is sports tweets. You guys are too dramatic lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT