ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter is a mess right now...

A mixture of righties posting things they previously would get banned, tagged as misinformation or suspended for like 'Trump won' or 'the vaccine doesn't stop the spread'....

And lefties saying they're going to leave, digging up any negative thing about Elon Musk they can find, saying free Twitter is fascist twitter...etc.

I just hope all the Iowa sports media doesn’t leave. I have a pretty good newsfeed now with their coverage, but its pretty clear most of them are liberals when they're not reporting sports. Saw Dochtermann was leaving the platform for at least today.

Lot of nonsense. I suppose we should expect that initially, and I don't blame dochtermann for taking the day off. It's a swamp right now.
this is why i only follow shit posters and no politics.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I don’t understand. A person only sees info from the people they follow on Twitter on their Twitter feed. For a far left person who only follows far left people, their Twitter feed will look the same as it did yesterday
This is one of the reasons I don't get all bent out of shape, despite definitely being a liberal/progressive.

I have curated my Twitter feed to be primarily legitimate news outlets, experts and reporters that I either personally know or know I enjoy their work and a handful of funny/entertaining/thoughtful accounts that I picked up from seeing retweets from my curated followers.

Twitter doesn't have to be a "cesspool" if you take a few minutes to thoughtfully curate your feed.

Frankly, I think there will be a lot of stupid sound and fury for a few weeks then everything will return to BAU.

At the end of the day, Elon wants to make his money back, so he isn't going to want to create a place no one wants to be communicating in.

How is it not? The person you follow would have to retweet the other persons tweet or like the tweet

Like usual, you speak about something you know nothing about.

Some posts are promoted. If you click to read one, it will give you more of that. Follows of people you follow are amplified. So if you follow Fox News it could give you any number of right wingers in your feed.

Like usual, you speak about something you know nothing about.

Some posts are promoted. If you click to read one, it will give you more of that. Follows of people you follow are amplified. So if you follow Fox News it could give you any number of right wingers in your feed.
I’ll just refer to Torbee post above yours

This is one of the reasons I don't get all bent out of shape, despite definitely being a liberal/progressive.

I have curated my Twitter feed to be primarily legitimate news outlets, experts and reporters that I either personally know or know I enjoy their work and a handful of funny/entertaining/thoughtful accounts that I picked up from seeing retweets from my curated followers as well as following some bad ass dude named wavetothekids.

Twitter doesn't have to be a "cesspool" if you take a few minutes to thoughtfully curate your feed.

Frankly, I think there will be a lot of stupid sound and fury for a few weeks then everything will return to BAU.

At the end of the day, Elon wants to make his money back, so he isn't going to want to create a place no one wants to be communicating in.
Got you fam.

It is documented in the literature, Cletus.
It is simply not true. It’s completely asinine to think that it a vaccine would do this, and I’m not surprised that you haven’t looked at the updated information that doesn’t support this absurd conclusion that the vaccines are better than natural immunity.

It is simply not true.
AGAIN: It is WELL DOCUMENTED

Whether you "believe" it is true, or not.

Asymptomatic/mild infections DO NOT illicit as good an immune response as more severe infections.

In contrast, the responses to the vaccines are MORE CONSISTENT across the board.

We'll see. I hope not. I'm clearly on the left and the people I follow are mostly staying. Not to mention Elon buying it is barely a blip on the things I'm worried about, Seriously.

I am laughing at the pics of Elon with Ghislane Maxwell though.
This one is funny too, right?

Because being at the same party is almost the same as being invited to someone’s wedding, right?

AGAIN: It is WELL DOCUMENTED

Whether you "believe" it is true, or not.

Asymptomatic/mild infections DO NOT illicit as good an immune response as more severe infections.

In contrast, the responses to the vaccines are MORE CONSISTENT across the board.
Nonsense. This is pure trash, as if someone who has an asymptomatic or mild infection even needs a bigger immune response. Once again, you show your colors as a vaccine nutcase who has no interest in doing anything other than making Pfizer/Moderna more money. You’re a sellout.

This one is funny too, right?

Because being at the same party is almost the same as being invited to someone’s wedding, right?

It's called social circles.
200121-donald-trump-wedding-bill-billary-clinton-2005-ac-443p.jpg

960x0.jpg

960x0.jpg

0x0.jpg

merlin_157769460_538bae98-93ab-4340-808b-7d1355e66dc5-superJumbo.jpg

\\

• Love
Reactions: Tom Paris and eb05
Not much. There aren’t many Americans left who haven’t had COVID, including the fully vaccinated.
US population: 332,403,650 (as of Jan. 1, 2022).
COVID Cases in US as of Oct. 28, 2022: 97,343,426

Less than 30 percent of Americans have had COVID.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

I have curated my Twitter feed to be primarily legitimate news outlets, experts and reporters that I either personally know or know I enjoy their work and a handful of funny/entertaining/thoughtful accounts that I picked up from seeing retweets from my curated followers.

EXACTLY.

All the people screaming are the same people...people who see toxic content because they look for it, or follow people who tweet it into their timeline. That primarily engage in Twitter in an exercise of outrage or resistance.

I just read a "why I'm leaving Twitter" manifesto from a comedian I like a lot. It was basically, "Elon Musk is going to let Trump back on, and my mental health can't handle seeing the toxic garbage from Trump."

I am NOT making fun of someone having their mental health negatively impacted by Trump's tweets or anyone's tweets. I would affect my mental health to follow a Gators account if they were good. Everyone has those things.

HOWEVER...my question is how are you using Twitter that Trump's tweets are causing major distress, and yet you can't stop seeing them? Obviously, your community you've created is full of people obsessing over Trump and similar accounts and tweeting them into your timeline. People who have self-proclaimed themselves arbiters of outrage.

The fact that you can't conceive of following people that merely inform you, or entertain you, or challenge you...that you'd rather move than lock the gate, that's on you.

That's not Musk's fault. That's what, if he's successful, he needs to change. The idea that Twitter is primarily rewarding as an outrage machine (mostly, but definitely not exclusively, for progressives).

Reactions: torbee
EXACTLY.

All the people screaming are the same people...people who see toxic content because they look for it, or follow people who tweet it into their timeline. That primarily engage in Twitter in an exercise of outrage or resistance.

I just read a "why I'm leaving Twitter" manifesto from a comedian I like a lot. It was basically, "Elon Musk is going to let Trump back on, and my mental health can't handle seeing the toxic garbage from Trump."

I am NOT making fun of someone having their mental health negatively impacted by Trump's tweets or anyone's tweets. I would affect my mental health to follow a Gators account if they were good. Everyone has those things.

HOWEVER...my question is how are you using Twitter that Trump's tweets are causing major distress, and yet you can't stop seeing them? Obviously, your community you've created is full of people obsessing over Trump and similar accounts and tweeting them into your timeline. People who have self-proclaimed themselves arbiters of outrage.

The fact that you can't conceive of following people that merely inform you, or entertain you, or challenge you...that you'd rather move than lock the gate, that's on you.

That's not Musk's fault. That's what, if he's successful, he needs to change. The idea that Twitter is primarily rewarding as an outrage machine (mostly, but definitely not exclusively, for progressives).
I just scrolled through my feed and there is literally nothing toxic hahaha. Some of you guys complain to complain and score political points just because. But I will share this tweet as it will hopefully win people money:

Again: you're entitled to your own OPINIONS.

My post is FACTUALLY supported by the literature on this topic.
Covid infection varies WIDELY in the amount of protection conferred.
Varying widely and being inferior are two very different things bob.

Varying widely and being inferior are two very different things

It's inferior BECAUSE it confers varying immunity.
You're MUCH better off with vaccines/boosters.

Just like getting 4x-5x polio vaccine shots/boosters.

LOL, then why are you still on HROT, where people are allowed to post things from the right, or even outlandish conspiracies and misinformation?

How are you somehow inured from the existential threat from morons on here claiming the election was stolen, but on Twitter need to be protected from such?

Especially when on Twitter you can 100% curate whose content you see?
Easy. @TomKakert isn’t a giant douchebag and Elon Musk is.

Also, I can “100% curate whose content I see” by using the “ignore” feature, though with NC’s constant creating of new handles, it feels like playing a game of wack-a-mole.

EL OH EL if you think anyone is going to be getting boosters for covid. It's a laughing stock at this point where the front is trying to outrace the ass end collapsing behind them.

Joe Biden has 4 or 5 boosters and has had covid twice..... let that sink in.

It's called social circles.
So you see no distinction between two people invited to the same party and someone inviting someone to their wedding?

Even Snopes points out the reality:

Weeks prior to the wedding, on June 18, 2010, New York Magazine’s Intelligencer reported that Chelsea purportedly had a firm policy on who was to be invited. According to the article, “bride-side sources” said that Chelsea “instituted a strict no-strangers policy” and that “she must personally know every invitee.”

Years later, in 2019, Politico published that “a person familiar with the relationship” said that, prior to the 2010 wedding, Chelsea had become close with Maxwell, something that a spokesperson for Clinton later disputed:

[Maxwell‘s] family knew Trump before Epstein arrived on the scene, and she continued to socialize with Chelsea Clinton after Epstein was jailed on sex offenses.
Maxwell first grew close with the Clintons after Bill Clinton left office, vacationing on a yacht with Chelsea Clinton in 2009, attending her wedding in 2010, and participating in the Clinton Global Initiative as recently as 2013, years after her name first emerged in accounts of Epstein’s alleged sexual abuse.
“Ghislaine was the contact between Epstein and Clinton,” a person familiar with the relationship said. “She ended up being close to the family because she and Chelsea ended up becoming close.”

Lol I’ve had Covid twice and two Moderna shots. I’m not getting boosters because I am not an idiot that just does whatever the government tells me. The Shanghai sniffles for me were slightly worse than mild allergies and much better than a standard cold.

Damn,,,I missed that he finally actually bought it.

Ok....going to find some extreme emotion to use for this event that does not affect my life in any way.

Lol I’ve had Covid twice and two Moderna shots. I’m not getting boosters because I am not an idiot that just does whatever the government tells me. The Shanghai sniffles for me were slightly worse than mild allergies and much better than a standard cold.
My daughter's daycare just put out a notice there was a child that was covid positive. Having a friend who had children in daycare during the height of covid, I asked our provider what we needed to do or if we needed to alert anyone. None of that shit matters anymore.

Reactions: NCHawk5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT