ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Cook not invited to NBA combine

Cook registered a 27.5 standing vertical and a max vertical of 32.

Yikes.

Yeah, his physical measurables were pretty good (he came in at 6'7.25 only though) but his athletic measurements were surprisingly poor relative to everyone else.

Did anyone see if he played in any scrimmages or how he did?

Yeah, his physical measurables were pretty good (he came in at 6'7.25 only though) but his athletic measurements were surprisingly poor relative to everyone else.

Did anyone see if he played in any scrimmages or how he did?
I have heard he played well in the scrimmages (a local reporter) but those numbers are shocking.

I have heard he played well in the scrimmages (a local reporter) but those numbers are shocking.

Yeah, he's now appearing as an undersized 4 with average athleticism relative to his peers. I know watching his film doesn't show that but teams will see those numbers and hesitate.

If he had a reliable jumper, consistent on the block fundamentals, or even showed a prowess for aggressive rebounding he could make up for it. I hope he gets a shot but now almost assuredly going to be as a free agent.

Think it's hilarious cook doesn't know iowas fight song and also has never heard of in heaven there is no beer. Nick baer gonna discipline him

Cook registered a 27.5 standing vertical and a max vertical of 32.

Yikes.

Not that good. But not absolutely horrible for a PF. Taj Gibson had 25.5 and 30 and he’s making good money in a decent career. Most good NBA PFs are coming into the league with a standing vert around 30” or higher. So his athleticism will be questioned.

That problem is compounded by is his height, 6’7.25”, which will put him on the shorter side of the PFs in the draft. He did do decently in the footspeed tests for a PF though, 4th, 5th, and 8th in different tests. And was actually quicker than Brazdeikis(SF) in two of them.

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine/

Tyler had a good 2nd scrimmage on Friday. just over 18 min. led both teams in rebounds with 7 and offensive rebounds with 4. Had 3 assists, but also 3 turnovers. He did what he's going to be asked to do, and that wasn't shooting jumpers. in the 2 games in Chicago.

33 min
5-8 FG's
0-4 FT's
4 ORB
8 TRB
4 Assists
6 Turnovers
1 Steal
1 Block
10 Points

for comparison sake... Isaiah Roby (who was on same team as Cook)

51 min
11-24 FG's
2-4 FG's
1-6 3ptrs
2 ORB
11 TRB
3 Assists
3 Turnovers
2 Steals
3 Blocks
25 Points

I'm watching the morning session on this Sunday and is Cooks audition in the combine over with. I have not seen him yet.

Never mind, I see the NBA network is rebroadcasting the combine auditions during the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
What channel?

216 on DirecTV, replay of Thursday the 16th Draft Combine, is going to be replayed on May 21 at 7:30 pm: replay of Friday the 17th Draft Combine, is going to be replayed on May 23 at 8:00 pm. From what I have gleaned those are the days that Tyler Cook played.

Interesting link.
https://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard

This site now has Cook ranked 42 for the draft, up 23 positions after the combine. For those interested, he is tied at #1 for hand width and tied 3rd for hand length.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Would love love to see a Tyler’s dream come true. Fran really let him have freedom to showcase his skills that most coaches would not of given him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT