ADVERTISEMENT

U20 results/discussion

Cornella up 3-0 at break in 3rd place bout.

3-2 now 2 min left

Another td for JPN. 3-4 just over a min left

2 exposure for Cornella. JPN has a leg and a position battle as time expires.

Challenge

Final result 6-6, JPN with criteria
How terrible would it be to miss a world medal based on criteria? Need OT and true 3rd in international competition

Reactions: Sett1997
How terrible would it be to miss a world medal based on criteria? Need OT and true 3rd in international competition

I am a criteria guy all the way, so I politely ask that ot stays the hell out of my freestyle wrestling.

I kind of like repechage, but would be all for a full wrestleback at the biggest events(Worlds, Olympics).

Reactions: dicemen99
I’m torn on this as most are ….. would be legendary if he excelled in both

As a fan I imagine his potential being the next Kyle Snyder….. if he focused on wrestling….but he could probably make millions in the NFL someday too

my biggest worry is injury playing football screwing up his wrestling career…. the kid is an immensely talented athlete…. it’s going to be fun to watch his journey
I agree. The football route is very understandable, financially speaking, if Kueter is really of NFL caliber. But it seems clear that the caliber of his wrestling is already in the stratosphere.... could be one of the greats.

Reactions: natchrlman
no you were just being a pedant
Nice try. If you are going to use a word make sure you really know if it applies. Some words are defined in such a way that they only work in very specific situations. The fact that I not only detailed why I said what I said, but even added I think Keuter could surpass Lou as the best Hawkeye Heavy off all time, immediately eliminates any true pedantic applications.

Now, go fluff PSU somewhere and post some more passive aggressive Iowa slants…

Nice try. If you are going to use a word make sure you really know if it applies. Some words are defined in such a way that they only work in very specific situations. The fact that I not only detailed why I said what I said, but even added I think Keuter could surpass Lou as the best Hawkeye Heavy off all time, immediately eliminates any true pedantic applications.

exactly what a pedant would say

One poster said "baddest man on the planet" as a hyperbolic statement out of excitement for Kueter's world title. You then immediately jumped into the conversation with "ACTUALLLLLLLLY, SADULAEV IS BADDESTER" as if the original poster (or anyone) was saying that Keuter is the best wrestler in the world. You were being pedantic.

One poster said "baddest man on the planet" as a hyperbolic statement out of excitement for Kueter's world title. You then immediately jumped into the conversation with "ACTUALLLLLLLLY, SADULAEV IS BADDESTER" as if the original poster (or anyone) was saying that Keuter is the best wrestler in the world. You were being pedantic.
it's not pedantic if you come up with a rambling explanation after everybody makes fun of you

smart-thinking.gif

If THAT was THE ONLY THING I SAID, then yes. However, it wasn't...I even fricking explained, with a Warner(ov) example why I did it. So, PLEASE don't tell me what I was being. I am the one person that knows.

Also, I am probably one of the most honest, straight forward posters on here. Many times, to my own detriment. I would OWN pendantism if it was actually the case...

In case anyone hasn't seen the actual match, it is on youtube. In watching it again, I thought the ref was going to stand them back up at around :40 (just before he gets the wrist) and again at :51 (just before the first turn). I'm not a freestyle expert by any means, but isn't giving 20 seconds on top before the first exposure more than they usually give, even if top is working for the turn?

it's not pedantic if you come up with a rambling explanation after everybody makes fun of you

smart-thinking.gif
Though Dost Lack Accurate Perception In This Case. It may be better for you to go back to fluffing PSU and overstating any Iowa shortcomings...

If THAT was THE ONLY THING I SAID, then yes. However, it wasn't...I even fricking explained, with a Warner(ov) example why I did it. So, PLEASE don't tell me what I was being. I am the one person that knows.

Also, I am probably one of the most honest, straight forward posters on here. Many times, to my own detriment. I would OWN pendantism if it was actually the case...
incredible lol no notes

Reactions: iowaHOXXX
incredible lol no notes
Since you must have recently found "pedant(ic)" in the dictionary, without understanding the meaning, I suggest you look up the word "syntax". Make sure to spend some time absorbing its meaning. Then, maybe take a workshop...just saying!

Since you must have recently found "pedant(ic)" in the dictionary, without understanding the meaning, I suggest you look up the word "syntax". Make sure to spend some time absorbing its meaning. Then, maybe take a workshop...just saying!
were you always this insufferable and i never noticed? lol

In case anyone hasn't seen the actual match, it is on youtube. In watching it again, I thought the ref was going to stand them back up at around :40 (just before he gets the wrist) and again at :51 (just before the first turn). I'm not a freestyle expert by any means, but isn't giving 20 seconds on top before the first exposure more than they usually give, even if top is working for the turn?

The dreaded balls the to the face pinning combo.

That seals the deal as BK being the baddest man on the planet.

actually the term is bring a knife to a gun fight
Have you read any of my posts? Originality, even if not always well done, is my thing. I actually hate quoting people. Hollywood uses it as some badge of intelligence when you quote some trivial, barely relevant 17th century philosopher. To me, it is more a clear sign of the lack of independent thought!

If I am going to argue on a message board, you damn well better be ready for me to make up insults on the fly!!

😇✌️

Have you read any of my posts? Originality, even if not always well done, is my thing. I actually hate quoting people. Hollywood uses it as some badge of intelligence when you quote some trivial, barely relevant 17th century philosopher. To me, it is more a clear sign of the lack of independent thought!

If I am going to argue on a message board, you damn well better be ready for me to make up insults on the fly!!

😇✌️
I was just being pedantic

Reactions: MSU158

have you always been this pedantic?

😇✌️
"Being derivative is antithetical to originality."

I believe that's an original quote, but wouldn't know unless I looked for similar ones.

Reactions: MSU158
Berge up 4-1 at break. Gave up a shot clock point, but scored 2 tds.

2nd period:

Exposure for FRA, reversal Berge 5-3. Big 4pt td FRA 5-7

Hmmm, thought Berge scored, but 2 given to FRA, no challenge 5-9. 20sec

Final 10-5 for FRA. Berge finishes 2nd.

Head high young man, great showing!

Smith with a nice go behind. Hit a gut, but ruled oob. 2-0

Td ARM 2-2 at break

5-2 ARM after pushout and td, 1:15 left

ARM gets pushout, then gets a td and laces his way to the tf.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 so far
Feldman ended up 5th. Was pinned in the 1st. Feldman was driving in on a shot, opponent used his momentum to roll through and put Feldman on his back. Pretty slick move for a big guy.

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT