ADVERTISEMENT

U20 results/discussion

After trading tds in the 1st, Volk dominates the 2nd. Gets the tf, assuming challenge fails.

Anyone watch the Volk semifinal that can explain the first scoring sequence? Volk's opponent used an arm throw for a 2-point exposure but Folk ended up on top. I thought this would score a 1-point reversal but the result of the first scoring sequence was 0-2.

Reactions: 24 so far
Anyone watch the Volk semifinal that can explain the first scoring sequence? Volk's opponent used an arm throw for a 2-point exposure but Folk ended up on top. I thought this would score a 1-point reversal but the result of the first scoring sequence was 0-2.

Volk had to clear his arm before a reversal can be awarded. His opponent separated from Volk at the same time that he released Volks arm. It was close, but I thought no point was the right call.

Cornella up now.

Down 1-0(shot clock) at break

Cornella unable to get to any offense. Loses 4-0.

Last edited:
Mesenbrink up now.

Down 0-1(shot clock) at break.

Trade tds, 2-3 2 mins to go. Another td for Mesenbrink, 4-3

Getting to the legs now. Another td 6-3 Mesenbrink 1 min left

Mesenbrink is into the finals with a 6-3 win

Last edited:
2nd period. Pushout for GEO.

Td and lace for Kueter. 13-10

Go behind for Kueter 15-10. 1 min left

Td and gut for GEO.

On next gut attempt, Kueter steps over and hooks up an improvised bow and arrow or turk, or something...

Wins 17-14.

Heading to the finals baby!

Last edited:
2nd period. Pushout for GEO.

Td and gut for Kueter. 13-10

Go behind for Kueter 15-10. 1 min left

Td and gut for GEO.

On next gut attempt, Kueter steps over and hooks up an improvised bow and arrow. Wins 17-14.

Heading to the finals baby!
Are you sure this wasn't an old Randy Lewis youtube video?

Nice win, way to "gut" it out!

It's kind of sad, but I just don't see how he stays in wrestling if he becomes a starter in Football. If he is as good at Football as he is in Wrestling, Iowa Wrestling will sadly lose out on one hell of a talent.

At the risk of being selfish and mean, cheering for him to not be all that successful in Football is about the only way we find out how good he can be in Wrestling...

Can we get Ferentz to say that Kueter is an American wrestling treasure, and therefore he couldn't possibly allow him to play football?
If wishing made it so. Can’t blame the kid though. Us wrestling heads might be sad but if he excels on the football field I can’t blame him. But damn, he will be a damn good HWT!

Can we get Ferentz to say that Kueter is an American wrestling treasure, and therefore he couldn't possibly allow him to play football?

I believe Brian said something about it being criminal if he doesn’t wrestle in college. So, kinda close.

Edit: the term was “stealing something away from this world.”

It's kind of sad, but I just don't see how he stays in wrestling if he becomes a starter in Football. If he is as good at Football as he is in Wrestling, Iowa Wrestling will sadly lose out on one hell of a talent.

Thanks a lot, proverbial turd in punch bowl. Lol

Last edited:
Aaron Pico...

starwars-obi-wan.gif

At the risk of being selfish and mean, cheering for him to not be all that successful in Football is about the only way we find out how good he can be in Wrestling...
Yep, it’s nice to have football on the hook for his scholarship, but selfishly I don’t want to miss out on watching a top 10 p4p recruit in wrestling.

Reactions: el dub
Aaron Pico...

starwars-obi-wan.gif
Currently on a 6 fight win streak in Bellator. Next fight is in October fighting out of New Mexico. I ran into him a few months ago at the Sprouts near my house. Very nice kid. Wish he would’ve gone the college wrestling route as I imagine he would’ve won a few titles. Likely some great battles between him and Nolf/ Retherford.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT