ADVERTISEMENT

U23 Day 2 results/discussion

Cass has been cradled/almost cradled a number of times in the past year off his own shot. He needs to fix his technique on that before he gets burned. Guys are looking for it.
god yes. feels like he's going to have to actually get pinned there before he changes things up. don't know why that hasn't been addressed. he was very fortunate not to get stuck by luffman at ncaa's. he had him locked up.

By my count that’s two 1’s (Cass, Kennedy), two 3’s (Abe, Swafford), and a 4th (Cobe).

Did I miss anyone?
Cass and Kennedy need to win another match. Carr will have the world team spot at Kennedy's weight if he wants it. Cass will be the guy if he wins.

Cass and Kennedy still have to earn theirs, but yeah I think that's it
One of the matside announcers said the 74 kg team spot is Carr’s if he wants it. How does that work? Did he medal last year or was it because he is the highest finishing senior participant who is still eligible for U23. Wasn’t sure how this works? TIA

One of the matside announcers said the 74 kg team spot is Carr’s if he wants it. How does that work? Did he medal last year or was it because he is the highest finishing senior participant who is still eligible for U23. Wasn’t sure how this works? TIA
He top 3 at seniors get the spot if age eligible.

Highest on the ladder Senior national team member with U23 eligibility, so he can take the U23 spot if he wants it

Reactions: Gobblin
Kennedy had every opportunity to do the same thing but declined. They know the rules going in. I have no issue with them.
My issue isn’t the application of the rules in this instance. It’s with the rule itself. If Carr wanted to try to make both teams he should have to do the tournament for both teams. Mendez did that with Juniors, Cass did it here, and I’m sure there are countless examples.

My issue isn’t the application of the rules in this instance. It’s with the rule itself. If Carr wanted to try to make both teams he should have to do the tournament for both teams. Mendez did that with Juniors, Cass did it here, and I’m sure there are countless examples.
I agree, best two of three would be good. I also have no problem with Carr having the spot either.

Reactions: Gobblin

I knew that’s what you meant. The rule emphasizes and rewards the senior national team. Kennedy could have done the same thing. It isn’t like he didn’t know Carr was a threat to win the spot through senior WTTs.

Reactions: jrod65
tony ever learns to score points he might win something someday. hwc scored most points

Not really safe at all. A very nice showing for him but a lot to be settled for that spot. He seems to be putting in the work to give himself the best chance to make it happen.
Siebrecht. Rathjen. Reyna. Chittum. Robles .

Not sure where Reyna and Robles were this weekend, but the others were making their cases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT