ADVERTISEMENT

UFO sighting

TennNole17

HB Legend
Sep 18, 2003
Not really. But…I did spy some sort of rocket launch in the SW horizon tonight (from Memphis, TN. I don’t see anything launching tonight from a Google search. Any idea 1) what I saw 2) how to upload photos (do I still have to find a hosting service?)

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
It was ascending. Horrible hosting site for quality, but it definitely was two engines and a plume thingy

Contrails of an aircraft in the setting sun. Due to the angle of the sun rays, it appears ufo like. Common occurrence here in Iowa during Spring sunsets.

Reactions: BelemNole
Here's a rocket launch image.

ap_17357102366030-ae322066b2c47087ada05217d3fd9fa2fc9b63f6.jpg

It means that it was probably coming straight towards you, which gives the impression that it is "climbing". If you watch it long enough it will eventually appear directly over you.
It disappeared from my view on a continued “up” trajectory. Photo two clearly shows what I think is two engines/rockets. I dunno.

Both my daughters said I’m crazy. Now team HORT is Awesome says I’m crazy also!

One night I freaked the heck out when catching StarLink stuff. It looked like a UFO that was about 6 football fields long.
I saw that one driving in the middle of nowhere west Virginia one night. I pulled over and watched. Then it disappeared so I figured it must be satellites. I'd seen starlink lines before but never that close together so it threw me.

Then I went to darpinian to see if some starlink flew over that area earlier that night, and it had.

That one cluster of starlinks though is so close together it looks like a massive sword floating through the sky. Pretty cool to see.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
It disappeared from my view on a continued “up” trajectory. Photo two clearly shows what I think is two engines/rockets. I dunno.

Both my daughters said I’m crazy. Now team HORT is Awesome says I’m crazy also!
Probably just entered a different part of the atmosphere (climbing or descending) that didn't have the right mix of temp/humidity/altitude required to continue producing contrails.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT