ADVERTISEMENT

UNI Open

Holy shit…. When did we become so soft? Who wasn’t a big recruit? Ybarra?? I believe he was a top 30 or better type recruit and many expected him to be a post season scorer for us. I would think you of all people would know this.

For the record, I’m not defending “name calling” but it hardly blipped on the radar for me and certainly wasn’t something to climb up a horse about. His lack of any effort whatsoever was very disheartening and gave me the sads. I hope he gets a big, shiny, participation trophy.

I’ll go one further and really bury myself here…. I’d like to know why you think he’s a valuable part of the room after watching him compete since he’s been here? Jace Rhodes is already a more valuable work out partner in the light weights.
You’re a turd

difference between calling someone a turd based on their persona -gilman earned that a few times over- and them just not being very good. if he was a starter i’d get the frustration. don’t understand why anybody is wasting energy worrying what the 4th string 133 looks like at the uni open.
Who’s wasting energy?? We’re talking about each match throughout the thread. Win or lose.

Again, I don’t really care. He’s a turd for calling him a turd, you guys are turds for getting your shorts in bunch about it, and I’m a turd for not caring, but still engaging this HR tragedy.

It has never, ever, never been acceptable to take a personal pot shot at an Iowa wrestler for his performance. Period.
Never said it was. What makes it “personal”? Did he shit his pants once in public and is traumatized by it or something?

And just cause this is so much fun…. Is okay to call Carter Starocci a turd?

It has never, ever, never been acceptable to take a personal pot shot at an Iowa wrestler for his performance. Period.
Good grief, guys.

It's not a monumental difference between saying he is a turd versus saying he wrestled like a turd, because he was referencing him as he currently wrestles, not as a man. Some of you are making it more personal than it probably is.

Who’s wasting energy?? We’re talking about each match throughout the thread. Win or lose.

Again, I don’t really care. He’s a turd for calling him a turd, you guys are turds for getting your shorts in bunch about it, and I’m a turd for not caring, but still engaging this HR tragedy.
The cesspool at it's finest.
Funny Gobblin. 🤣🤣

Never said it was. What makes it “personal”? Did he shit his pants once in public and is traumatized by it or something?

And just cause this is so much fun…. Is okay to call Carter Starocci a turd?

What makes it personal? Really? You can call PSU guys anything you want.

Good grief, guys.

It's not a monumental difference between saying he is a turd versus saying he wrestled like a turd, because he was referencing him as he currently wrestles, not as a man. Some of you are making it more personal than it probably is.

Commenting on the performance vs the guy. It’s meaningfully different. Again, surprised and disappointed this apparently has to be explained to people.

I suspect (hope) Boom was really commenting on the performance and hasn’t clarified because he’s enjoying the chaos.

I mean I could use other words, but a guy that barely wrestles and doesn’t want to cut for the team.. and then loses to people who he shouldn’t… some words explain it. Dare I say the T word

What makes it personal? Really? You can call PSU guys anything you want.

Commenting on the performance vs the guy. It’s meaningfully different. Again, surprised and disappointed this apparently has to be explained to people.

I suspect (hope) Boom was really commenting on the performance and hasn’t clarified because he’s enjoying the chaos.
So we can call young athletes anything we want, just not “our” athletes?? That’s some incredibly twisted logic right there. This is some golden stuff from you bro. If you called me a “turd” it wouldn’t be personal.. Now if you called me “4 eyes” it may be. Similar to calling an overweight person “lard ass”. As far as I know Jesse has no issues with turds.

Again, how can I make it more clear that I’m not defending name calling ANY athlete or human being for that matter. I’m just giggling that you of all people seem to be so offended.

Dig into them cold cuts my man!

Last edited:
I mean I could use other words, but a guy that barely wrestles and doesn’t want to cut for the team.. and then loses to people who he shouldn’t… some words explain it. Dare I say the T word

What would it have done for the team? We were barely challenged in those duals. We have 6 133s and not a single one cut to help win meaningless dual meets that we won anyway. You mad at them, too?

And let me get this straight: you clearly don’t like the guy or his effort, and he’s barely been competitive at 133 today, but you wish he’d have been starting at 125 over 2 other guys?

That’s quite the take.

So we can call young athletes anything we want, just not “our” athletes?? That’s some incredibly twisted logic right there.

Well yes. We’re supposed to be Iowa fans. You know, support the home team and all that jazz. Taking personal pot shots at our own wrestlers confirms what other fans say about us.

I freaking love cold cuts. You’re making me hungry.

Man that little turd Ayala looks like hell on wheels. Looks more physically mature as well. I think that little shit Jesuroga may end at ‘33 instead of Drake. Either way it’ll be a hell of 2 turd combo.

Yes this is exactly how it was used in the post in question. Nailed it.

Reactions: Boomhawk52
So we can call young athletes anything we want, just not “our” athletes?? That’s some incredibly twisted logic right there. This is some golden stuff from you bro. If you called me a “turd” it wouldn’t be personal.. Now if you called me “4 eyes” it may be. Similar to calling an overweight person “lard ass”. As far as I know Jesse has no issues with turds.

Again, how can I make it more clear that I’m not defending name calling ANY athlete or human being for that matter. I’m just giggling that you of all people seem to be so offended.

Dig into them cold cuts my man!
No issue with turds?! My sides are hurting, I absolutely love this sh*t! Did I say sh*t, I meant turds. Let’s keep it going, this is comedy gold. I foresee this becoming part of HR nomenclature going forward like moran, f*n and 83%.

I absolutely love the word "TURD". I use it quite often for sarcasm, disgust, and admiration.
My sense of humor is damn dry that even those close to me are left guessing what it's being used for.

Personally, I think we should embrace this unique word that was gifted directly to us from the heavens.

Now, can we please get back to wrestling, ya freakin' turds?

wait a bunch of people in a cesspool are arguing
Mr Hankey Christmas GIF by South Park
over the use of the word turd??

place never ceases to deliver ……. I salute every turd floating around in here!

Really really like both the Rhodes. Wish Drake was here too.
Jace has had ok results in Fr./Soph divisions but in reality a long long ways from being more than a room guy. At this point Ayala is the only non starter who I feel very confident in being future AA level. Rathjen would be close if down at 149 and of course Chittum if he was on the roster.

I absolutely love the word "TURD". I use it quite often for sarcasm, disgust, and admiration.
My sense of humor is damn dry that even those close to me are left guessing what it's being used for.

Personally, I think we should embrace this unique word that was gifted directly to us from the heavens.

Now, can we please get back to wrestling, ya freakin' turds?
Pet Turtles GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT