ADVERTISEMENT

Union truckers circle Iowa Capitol in protest of proposed labor legislation

Do a search of what unions brought you. Unions are pure free market. It blows me away that cons oppose them so much.

Unions are parasites that don't produce anything! Unions are BIG BUSINESSES and they only exist by collecting dues from their misguided members.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
It’s incredible how middle class Americans root for a larger wealth gap and don’t even know it.

I love how union workers claim they are good for workers and companies, but whenever they don't get want they want, they refuse to work. Sounds like the kind of employee every business wants and every family can rely on.
After all we’ve seen in the past two decades, this is still your opinion.

Companies don’t care about their employees, regardless of what they say.

I don’t understand how you think otherwise. As millions of people have been shown otherwise.

I love how union workers claim they are good for workers and companies, but whenever they don't get want they want, they refuse to work. Sounds like the kind of employee every business wants and every family can rely on.
Ya screw with them, they WILL screw you. Let them be and they will take care of you..

I don’t understand how you think otherwise. As millions of people have been shown otherwise.

Dirty little secret: Unions don't care about their members either.

• Haha

The unions should start raising capital and start buying out companies. Really show the owners how bad of managers they were.

Yep. Except for the little fact that they are making sure their employees are paid fairly.

I’m sorry that your grommet cost $25 to make. But that $5 grommet made in China is going to fail in a year. Because their employees don’t give a shit.

I’ll leave it up to you to figure out why.

Mmmm. Unions mostly are the members. I guess UAW got those contracts this past year from being unconcerned with its members.

Union LEADERS have an uncontrovertable history of corruption, graft, illegal acts and that's just the non-controversial stuff.

I have no beef with union members. They're just misguided pawns in the whole game.

The suits who run the unions are just as bad as the employers y'all like to paint as the bad guys.

Union LEADERS have an uncontrovertable history of corruption, graft, illegal acts and that's just the non-controversial stuff.

I have no beef with union members. They're just misguided pawns in the whole game.

The suits who run the unions are just as bad as the employers y'all like to paint as the bad guys.
Union members are not misguided pawns. They get paid better and have better benefits.

Yep. Except for the little fact that they are making sure their employees are paid fairly.

I’m sorry that your grommet cost $25 to make. But that $5 grommet made in China is going to fail in a year. Because their employees don’t give a shit.

I’ll leave it up to you to figure out why.

I bet my new Mazda CX-5, built in Japan, will be a helluva lot more reliable than the new Mazda CX-50, which is built in Alabama.

And CERTAINLY better than anything built by UAW "workers".....

• Haha
I get that you're company. But the company is feeding you propaganda. They do the same at my work. One hint of union talk and they immediately start warming about the evils of unions. Unfortunately these warnings are usually complete fabrications. The company is lying to you. The reason why they don't like unions is because it gives workers more control and more pay. It's a benefit for the company to oppose unions. And it's a benefit for the worker to join them.

I bet my new Mazda CX-5, built in Japan, will be a helluva lot more reliable than the new Mazda CX-50, which is built in Alabama.

And CERTAINLY better than anything built by UAW "workers".....
Not that long ago I asked someone why I seemed to be getting a lot of starters and alternators back in returns and warranties. Cause it has certainly seemed like I’ve gotten a lot of them back as crap.

The response was that apparently they are made next to the ocean. The salt in the air has been causing massive failures.

Not sure if I bought it, but it’s at least an explanation for the amount of starters and alternators I’ve been getting back recently.

I get that you're company. But the company is feeding you propaganda. They do the same at my work. One hint of union talk and they immediately start warming about the evils of unions.
The day i knew that Unions are necessary was when this god awful company i worked for pulled us into a room to watch anti-union propaganda videos a day after someone was handed out union flyers in the parking lot.

Reactions: Huey Grey
I get that you're company. But the company is feeding you propaganda. They do the same at my work. One hint of union talk and they immediately start warming about the evils of unions. Unfortunately these warnings are usually complete fabrications. The company is lying to you. The reason why they don't like unions is because it gives workers more control and more pay. It's a benefit for the company to oppose unions. And it's a benefit for the worker to join them.

That goes both ways, dude.

• Haha
The day i knew that Unions are necessary was when this god awful company i worked for pulled us into a room to watch anti-union propaganda videos a day after someone was handed out union flyers in the parking lot.
Seems logical. You’re perfect for a union job.

How’s it gone so far?
Ford and gm say hello mexico.
Well in the recent negotiations they got commitments from Ford for sure to keep certain operations here. But it is also legal for people to form unions in Mexico. For the most part companies looking to offshore will do so regardless of union activity here. Look at all these non-union companies shipping jobs to India and the Philippines. Must be because of worker greed and laziness

Not that long ago I asked someone why I seemed to be getting a lot of starters and alternators back in returns and warranties. Cause it has certainly seemed like I’ve gotten a lot of them back as crap.

The response was that apparently they are made next to the ocean. The salt in the air has been causing massive failures.

Not sure if I bought it, but it’s at least an explanation for the amount of starters and alternators I’ve been getting back recently.

Yeah, after the test drive I asked the salesman if I could pop open the hood for a look. With the car still running we opened her up and there was a distinct smell of burning castor oil hitting me in the face. I said, "Smells like it's burning off stuff from the factory." He replied, "Yes, they fog the engine compartment for the trip across the ocean."

That goes both ways, dude.
Does it. Really?

As a population. We can either care about profits, or humanity. In my experience those are two completely separate paradigms.

America, largely, doesn’t care about humanity. Only profits. The individual holds absolutely no power. While a cooperation holds immense power.

Citizens United ensured cooperate power. Telling us all that Money is Power. He who has the $. Holds the power.

You can try and convince people that unions are evil, but in the end, their power is limited. Amazon is currently firing boat loads and hiring to make up for it.

How do you make that argument? When all the evidence consistently points towards the contrary?

Well in the recent negotiations they got commitments from Ford for sure to keep certain operations here. But it is also legal for people to form unions in Mexico. For the most part companies looking to offshore will do so regardless of union activity here. Look at all these non-union companies shipping jobs to India and the Philippines. Must be because of worker greed and laziness
It’s about future investments.
Keeping some lines open is short term.
The total # of uaw workers will continue to spiral downward - probably faster than before.

We got this line at work that once you sign union papers they are unbreakable and they will control everything down to you being able to find a sub if you call in sick. A. The papers are completely breakable. Workers are free to drop out of the Union anytime they want. B. It's not your job to find a sub. That's the managers responsibility. And C. Unions most definitely don't need to be contacted anytime there is a swap of personnel for PTO or sickness. Unless there are problems with how they're scheduling you. Then it's actually in your interest to be part of a union. They can help protect your hours.

AUnion members are not misguided pawns. They get paid better and have better benefits.
After 37 years working , this union guy is collecting $3500 a month, from the UNION PENSION, wonder .how much Chad will collect from his non union job when its time to retire.

Does it. Really?

As a population. We can either care about profits, or humanity. In my experience those are two completely separate paradigms.

America, largely, doesn’t care about humanity. Only profits. The individual holds absolutely no power. While a cooperation holds immense power.

Citizens United ensured cooperate power. Telling us all that Money is Power. He who has the $. Holds the power.

You can try and convince people that unions are evil, but in the end, their power is limited. Amazon is currently firing boat loads and hiring to make up for it.

How do you make that argument? When all the evidence consistently points towards the contrary?
The humanity loving unions need to start up their own companies.

Yeah, after the test drive I asked the salesman if I could pop open the hood for a look. With the car still running we opened her up and there was a distinct smell of burning castor oil hitting me in the face. I said, "Smells like it's burning off stuff from the factory." He replied, "Yes, they fog the engine compartment for the trip across the ocean."
Then you respond with this stupid shit. I’m reminded again why I don’t even try with your idiocy.

God save you. If there is one.

Seems logical. You’re perfect for a union job.
A horrible company that forces OT on one or both days off on less than a days notice(sucks if you had plans, and spent money on those plans), forces 10-12 hour shifts an hour before shift ends telling me how bad unions are, gives people a “point” because they were sitting on the interstate because of an overturned truck and clocked in 10 mins late, had issues with payroll being paid on time on a couple occasions that made employees watch videos because some flyers were being handed out in the parking lot pushed me to supporting a union far more than a union could have at that time in my life.

We got this line at work that once you sign union papers they are unbreakable and they will control everything down to you being able to find a sub if you call in sick. A. The papers are completely breakable. Workers are free to drop out of the Union anytime they want. B. It's not your job to find a sub. That's the managers responsibility. And C. Unions most definitely don't need to be contacted anytime there is a swap of personnel for PTO or sickness. Unless there are problems with how they're scheduling you. Then it's actually in your interest to be part of a union. They can help protect your hours.
The amount of wrong here is amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT