ADVERTISEMENT

Unsolved mysteries of HROT

taihawk's whereabouts, health and well being etc...he was the earliest "drama" I remember here.

And this board could use a LOT more of Ol' Doodle. I know he posts occasionally, but he is one of the funniest posters on this site.
and IZA

taihawk's whereabouts, health and well being etc...he was the earliest "drama" I remember here.

And this board could use a LOT more of Ol' Doodle. I know he posts occasionally, but he is one of the funniest posters on this site.

Doodle, Iza and Honest Injun are locks for the HROT Mt. Rushmore.

Reactions: Wendy79
I have no idea myself. But I do know where the ring is(in my desk drawer now) and I also found out who the girl who left it for me really is. What I don't know is how she got the ring in the first place, and who the guy she was with that day is. And the part that really bugs me is how anyone could leave a money clip on a fence post of a 80 acre field of hay ground that I rent 40 miles from home could then be connected to a girl that had a ring my sister designed 10 years earlier that she then left at the entry to my home place after the guy(unknown to me) showed up to reclaim the ring...how did he know I had it? How did he & she find each other, and then me?
Acid. That's how.

I'm really a woman. I don't understand the rumor to be honest. If nothing else, I hope people recognize that I'm honest.
Proof damn it, we need proof.
And the source of the rumor is simply the fact women don't last this long here. Except Wendy but I think she's just bored and maternal in nature and likes to mother some on here.

Reactions: BrianNole09
That was probably the most fascinating thread this board has ever had.

The really weird part was that other than maybe a passing reference to finding the money clip to Mrs. Bean I can not recall mentioning it to anyone, And then, out of nowhere, he shows up years later and asks for the money clip back from me. He knew what was engraved on it and exactly how much currency was in it when it was left on the post. But the the girl he was with that same day left the ring, with the logo my sister had designed 10 years earlier on my mete stone...almost like it was a transaction - he got the clip, and I got the ring...a ring I did not know exsisted, but I still recognized by the unique design I had commissioned my sister to create a decade earlier for a orchard Trademark that we ended up never using.

BTW - My sister never had the ring designed, or even knew it had ever been made. But when she first saw it she knew immediately who had crafted it. He had been a itinerant, and often homeless, jewlery maker in Iowa City during the mid/late 1960's who had passed somewhere around 1990 near Galena.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Hawkbirch, Goldmom, 3BoysMom, Wendy are the
current female HROTers on Mt Rushmore. They have
the courage to interact with a variety of the male species
on this forum. They deserve the Medal of Honor for
all the trash talk they take from some men who should
know better.

The really weird part was that other than maybe a passing reference to finding the money clip to Mrs. Bean I can not recall mentioning it to anyone, And then, out of nowhere, he shows up years later and asks for the money clip back from me. He knew what was engraved on it and exactly how much currency was in it when it was left on the post. But the the girl he was with that same day left the ring, with the logo my sister had designed 10 years earlier on my mete stone...almost like it was a transaction - he got the clip, and I got the ring...a ring I did not know exsisted, but I still recognized by the unique design I had commissioned my sister to create a decade earlier for a orchard Trademark that we ended up never using.

BTW - My sister never had the ring designed, or even knew it had ever been made. But when she first saw it she knew immediately who had crafted it. He had been a itinerant, and often homeless, jewlery maker in Iowa City during the mid/late 1960's who had passed somewhere around 1990 near Galena.

You don't have to if you don't feel like it, but would you care to share this whole story? I've only been around a couple years, but I see this referenced from time to time, and haven't been able to find the original post to understand the background/jokes.

You don't have to if you don't feel like it, but would you care to share this whole story? I've only been around a couple years, but I see this referenced from time to time, and haven't been able to find the original post to understand the background/jokes.
I'm kind of surprised it's not in the archives somewhere

one post said:

"I was 73 Chief's friend and shared the sad news with Tom this morning. His death was sudden and unexpected. He was in his mid 40's, from Illinois originally, he had a degree from Iowa and a grad degree elsewhere. Out of respect for his family I won't share his name but note that he would be shocked and pleasantly surprised by the thoughts shared. I was blessed to have him as a friend and tailgate buddy. Will likely share a toast with friends at the Michigan game in his honor. He will be missed."

Damn. Sad to hear.

I remember he gave me some travel advice in the summer of 2016. He lived in Switzerland for awhile. I was under the impression that he was much older than 40.

also if you see references to soybean leaving and coming back, he kind of, sort of told me I ran him off. then this other famous thread occurred , which was basically the giants of hrot thread, where I was getting chewed out by a poster for "running off all the giants of hrot". it was epic.

Reactions: CadetHawk
As much as I want that to be real, the tattoos tell me that is someone else.
tumblr_njk3x9GBLG1sp46rho1_500.gif

didn't you have some issue with your identity being published with relation to the iowa ladies football academy? I suppose in today's world that isn't definitive proof of gender but it's good enough for me...

Yes, I lost my mind for a minute and posted a link to my donation page. So dumb!

I have no idea myself. But I do know where the ring is(in my desk drawer now) and I also found out who the girl who left it for me really is. What I don't know is how she got the ring in the first place, and who the guy she was with that day is. And the part that really bugs me is how anyone could leave a money clip on a fence post of a 80 acre field of hay ground that I rent 40 miles from home could then be connected to a girl that had a ring my sister designed 10 years earlier that she then left at the entry to my home place after the guy(unknown to me) showed up to reclaim the ring...how did he know I had it? How did he & she find each other, and then me?

Sounds like a Jack Reacher novel.

I believe you. If you’re hot like the HROT stalkers claim, you’re back on top.

I am.

Proof damn it, we need proof.
And the source of the rumor is simply the fact women don't last this long here. Except Wendy but I think she's just bored and maternal in nature and likes to mother some on here.

I will take that as a compliment, I think.

you got some donations though, correct? some good came of it.

I did. There were two kind and generous souls that donated and kept my information private. I much appreciated their help. Too bad not everyone is as honorable.

Yeah well how many times leading up to that last one? Might explain a lot about the metestone ring money clip fence post woman man in strange car mystery.

Probably 5-6 times from after my discharge from the Army and I moved out of the witches coven up in Waterloo in late 1972.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT