ADVERTISEMENT

How Long Have You Been on HROT?

Mister Hawkeyes

HR All-State
Feb 3, 2013
I'm not sure why I was thinking about this today, but how long have you guys been on HROT?

I believe I first started visiting the board back in 2011. I was 20 years old and in the USAF at the time and stationed at Lajes Field (Azores), Portugal. I'm 33 now, but sometimes I think back to old HROT and wonder what some of those posters might be up to.

I remember Rhino and YellowSnow being prominent members.

I remember the first Lute post I read and being confused as to what kind of person would write like that.

I remember when Meg first posted and some of you thirsty mf's piling on. Who was the poster who would always defend her like a knight in shining armor?

"BAU" and "WOB" were popular acronym's that I rarely see anymore.

I remember the famous "Post A Picture of Yourself" thread.

Wasn't Tom Brommelkamp the moderator back then? I seem to remember him leaving. I heard him on a radio show many years later.

Anybody have any clue as to what happened with Rhino, YellowSnow, or Meg? Or any of the other high volume posters from 10+ years ago.

Joined back in Nov of 2004 as the hype of the football season was high. Used it mostly for premium message board for insider info with the team.

Haven't even browsed that board for a while. Came here to OT and haven't left.

Kind of missing everyone piling on GameDayRon. I used to go to his shop and I could see why people did it.

Reactions: cjnoles9399
I'm not sure why I was thinking about this today, but how long have you guys been on HROT?

I believe I first started visiting the board back in 2011. I was 20 years old and in the USAF at the time and stationed at Lajes Field (Azores), Portugal. I'm 33 now, but sometimes I think back to old HROT and wonder what some of those posters might be up to.

I remember the first Lute post I read and being confused as to what kind of person would write like that.

I remember when Meg first posted and some of you thirsty mf's piling on. Who was the poster who would always defend her like a knight in shining armor?

Wasn't Tom Brommelkamp the moderator back then? I seem to remember him leaving. I heard him on a radio show many years later.

Anybody have any clue as to what happened with Rhino, YellowSnow, or Meg? Or any of the other high volume posters from 10+ years ago.
YS51 is still here.

Shrugs GIF

Hawk Meets World is still somewhere bragging about starting that thread

He's still the morning man on KGYM 1600

Yellow is still here as mentioned. Rhino is probably hunting snapping turtles. Meg floated away after she got so turned on by Hawk in SEC and his white knighting

Joined back in Nov of 2004 as the hype of the football season was high. Used it mostly for premium message board for insider info with the team.

Haven't even browsed that board for a while. Came here to OT and haven't left.

Kind of missing everyone piling on GameDayRon. I used to go to his shop and I could see why people did it.
What happened to him and what shop are you referring to? That GDR/WDT fight thread was epic.

Twenty years plus. I remember state college man. That dude from Michigan with the terrible jacket. And what was the girls name that was the rabid Iowa fan? Her car was the hawk mobile. She may have been crazy.
But do you remember Herky86 and Alison?

Reactions: ping72

stevenpatrick

15 years and 2 months.

Is Russell still here? What about Andy?

2003 for me when I was a sophomore at UI. Eventually lost that account and couldn't get the password changed after losing the uiowa.edu email. Returned in September 2009 with this account.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT