ADVERTISEMENT

How Long Have You Been on HROT?

I lurked here for a year or so before I did the free posting forums for a year or so, then joined the pay site in 2002

Been around since 2005.

Also, BAU is only used to describe Iowa baseball and the football team sucking at offense, nowadays.

Like many others for way too long. I do think people got along better back in the day. I even remember about 100 of us or more got suckered into some real time online game that lasted for months. I remember we had an HROT alliance and built cities and armies.

Anyone else remember that or what it was called?

A long ****ing time. Football and basketball boards for a couple years before I found this place. Probably around 2005-2006 on this board. From back in those days I remember the TKC also known as the thread killer club. I don’t remember politics being as prevalent back then as it is now on this board.

A few posters I remember was brantshawks. Hawkness monster and any of you remember taihawk or taiken? One of those names. Crazy mother ****er going through a divorce and some mental breakdown right before us on this very board.

And of course Brent dieks I think his name was. Drunk son of a bitch.

Don’t get deiked yo

20+ years with a few timeouts. I think I was here from the beginning, I just can’t remember how I got here. I know Fred Russell was the RB for Iowa so that’s at least 2002.

A long ****ing time. Football and basketball boards for a couple years before I found this place. Probably around 2005-2006 on this board. From back in those days I remember the TKC also known as the thread killer club. I don’t remember politics being as prevalent back then as it is now on this board.

A few posters I remember was brantshawks. Hawkness monster and any of you remember taihawk or taiken? One of those names. Crazy mother ****er going through a divorce and some mental breakdown right before us on this very board.

Don’t get deiked yo

Diekman liked to get Diek'd. Pretty sure he died several years back.

Joined for the football board under my first handle (RIP in peace JWolf0074) as a freshman in '05. Found my way over here a few months later. Got the permaban for a single nipple on HROT South (Baylor board). Took a few months off and then mods let me back but I had to make a new handle.

I miss the after dark threads. Otherwise this place is pretty much the same. A wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Don’t get deiked yo
Taihawk had his wife die of cancer didn’t he? He was a lawyer and quit his job to work in a factory. He really went through it and I hope he found peace.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Ten months roughly
I was offered the position of GiaHORT Wordle commissioner and accepted prior to the 2023 Fall Classic.
Before I accepted the job, I will admit I had a disdain for you flyover people, but you are not as terrible as I imagined.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I'm not sure why I was thinking about this today, but how long have you guys been on HROT?

I believe I first started visiting the board back in 2011. I was 20 years old and in the USAF at the time and stationed at Lajes Field (Azores), Portugal. I'm 33 now, but sometimes I think back to old HROT and wonder what some of those posters might be up to.

I remember Rhino and YellowSnow being prominent members.

I remember the first Lute post I read and being confused as to what kind of person would write like that.

I remember when Meg first posted and some of you thirsty mf's piling on. Who was the poster who would always defend her like a knight in shining armor?

"BAU" and "WOB" were popular acronym's that I rarely see anymore.

I remember the famous "Post A Picture of Yourself" thread.

Wasn't Tom Brommelkamp the moderator back then? I seem to remember him leaving. I heard him on a radio show many years later.

Anybody have any clue as to what happened with Rhino, YellowSnow, or Meg? Or any of the other high volume posters from 10+ years ago.
12/4/01

Formerly Hawk_Biz here.

Stated around fall of 2008 I believe. And was part of the After Dark crew along with Morrison71, Wlcsqd, chief hawk, weezyana, etc

Didn’t Herky86 meet his fate after going nuclear on Kakert? Good times

I’ve been lurking on this site since 02, paid for the first couple years before realizing it wasn’t worth the money. Didn’t find OT and start posting until the lockdown when I had time to waste.

Taihawk had his wife die of cancer didn’t he? He was a lawyer and quit his job to work in a factory. He really went through it and I hope he found peace.

That’s what it was. Like she died while he was posting on here and he started going to the bar all the time and kind of spiraled out of control. Didn’t someone end up knowing who he was and call him out on some of the stuff he was saying? I just remember the whole thing being really sad and feeling bad for the guy and then he just disappeared.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Since the first day the website was created. Like 20 some years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT