ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Noah Shannon CLEARED TO PRACTICE. 26 UI student-athletes investigated for online gambling, incl in FB, Men’s BB, Baseball, T&F & Wrestling

F_EcbE6XQAAD3mi

Kirk has said "Right now, he does have a year's suspension, a season suspension”. Which is it? If the NCAA said “season suspension” then he could play in the post season. The B1G gave Harbaugh a suspension for the ”remainder of the season” but he can coach in the post season. This implies the season is defined as regular season.

I hope Kirk says **** it, let’s Noah play in the bowl game. It’s an exhibition, and I think most fans would be ok with it.
Um, no. It's not an exhibition and the consequences of knowingly playing an ineligible athlete would have significant penalties associated with it from the NCAA.

Kirk has said "Right now, he does have a year's suspension, a season suspension”. Which is it? If the NCAA said “season suspension” then he could play in the post season. The B1G gave Harbaugh a suspension for the ”remainder of the season” but he can coach in the post season. This implies the season is defined as regular season.
It actually doesn't imply that at all. That's simply your interpretation. And they said for the remainder of the regular season.

Last edited:
They could suspend him, give Iowa a couple of yrs bowl ban, reduction in scholarships, who knows. They would definitely punish him/Iowa and likely pretty harshly.
While I agree with this, it’d be pretty hypocritical of the NCAA to not have handed out substantial punishment to Michigan by the CCG (suspending Harbaugh for a few games is not it). It didn’t take them long after all to hand it out to Shannon. They themselves have basically said there’s proof when they contacted the big ten commissioner. What exactly are they waiting for then? If Iowa ends up in the CCG with Michigan and the NCAA still hasn’t acted and handed out significant punishment by then, part of me wants to play Shannon just to expose how corrupt the NCAA really is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT