ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Vacation Destination Thread

I'm looking for a short trip, and we have easy flights to PR from a tiny airport nearby. Where do you usually stay? I know nothing about it.
We've stayed in San Juan a couple times and Rincon once. San Juan is the urban option with great restaurants and nightlife and the fort and OK beaches and some big western resorts. Rincon is like I imagine Orange County was like in the 1920's. Sort of a surfer vibe, food trucks (still good food), and lots of beaches with cars parked up and down narrow roads to get down to them. If I was spending 3-4 days, I'd probably stick with San Juan but if I had a week, I'd stay at a couple places and drive around the whole island. People also rave about the beaches at Fajardo but I have not been.

If you are going to an all inclusive resort, the physical location doesn’t really matter as long as the temperatures are warm.

Most people just stay on the grounds, eating food, and getting drunk in sand that was shipped from somewhere else. Which island you’re on makes very little difference in that case.
That's not really the case with everyone. We do a lot of excursions and some islands are kind of boring. Dominican for instance was pretty dull, Jamacia and St Lucia were much more fun. Mexico is pretty good time also.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Look forward to a yosemite report - on my bucket list. have you done bryce/zion?

In my opinion, of the National Parks I’ve been to I would order them…

1) Yellowstone
2) South Rim, North Rim and Desert View of the Grand Canyon
3) Bryce Canyon
4) Big Bend
5) Island in the Sky Section of Canyonlands
6) US Virgin Islands NP
7) Yosemite
8) Haleakala
9) White Sands
10) Arches
11) Hawaii Volcanoes
12) Badlands
13) West Rim of the Grand Canyon
14) Redwood
15) Sequoia
16) Acadia
17) Great Smoky Mountains
18) Zion
19) Needles and other Sections of Canyonlands
20) Rocky Mountains
21) Everglades
22) Shenandoah
23) Capitol Reef
24) Mesa Verde
25) Great Sand Dunes
26) Channel Islands
27) Great Tetons
28) Black Canyon of the Gunnison
29) Pinnacles
30) Carlsbad Caverns
31) Hot Springs
32) Dry Tortugas
33) Pinnacles
34) Biscayne
35) Death Valley
36) Joshua Trees
37) New River Gorge
38) Wind Cave
39) Mount Raineer
40) Olympic
41) Petrified Forest
42) Gateway Arch
43) Mammoth Cave
44) Saguaro
45) Congaree
Last) Guadalupe Mountains

National Parks I haven’t been to: American a
Samoa, Crater Lake, Cuyahoga Valley, Denali, Gates of the Arctic, Glacier, Glacier Bay, Great Basin, Indiana Dunes, Isle Royale, Katmai, Kenai Fjords, Kobuk’s Valley, Lake Clark, Lassen Volcanic, Theodore Roosevelt, Voyageurs, and Wrangel-St Elias.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NLHawkeye88
Which one was your favorite? We did Yosemite last summer and it was amazing. See my avatar. It Is now a bucket list item for me to see all the big national parks.
Not JRHawk but I’ll chime in as I love knocking out the NPs too.

Top 5 for me:
1 - Glacier - simply the best. We have rented a house on lake McDonald 3 times now and it is unbeatable.
2 - Yosemite - seeing the valley after exiting the tunnel for the first time is something I’ll never forget. Loved the lodging setup there too.
3 - Olympic - super underated imo. Quite a few different ecosystems
4 - Zion - getting so dang crowded now. Narrrows hike was just one of the best hikes we have ever done.
5 - Yellowstone - nothing like it but it too is starting to just turn into an auto trail with so many cars
HM - Denali/Katmai - katmai in particular was great. Took a float plane out and did a 6 hours hike with a guide. Saw so many bear and their cubs. Very, very close too. Will upload some pictures later.

I’ve been to 23 others not including these ^.

The top 5 I still can’t wait to visit:
North Cascades
North River Gorge
Isle Royale
Hawaii Volcanoes
Acadia

Reactions: FSUTribe76

1) Yellowstone
2) South Rim, North Rim and Desert View of the Grand d
3) Bryce Canyon
4) Big Bend
6) US Virgin Islands NP
7) Yosemite
8) Haleakala
9) White Sands
10) Arches
11) Hawaii Volcanoes
12) Badlands
14) Redwood
15) Sequoia
16) Acadia
18) Zion
n
Needles and other Sections of Canyonlands
Rocky Mountains
Everglades
Shenandoah
Capitol Reef
Mesa Verde
Great Sand Dunes
Channel Islands
Black Canyon of the Gunnison
Pinnacles
Carlsbad Caverns
Hot Springs
Dry Tortugas
Pinnacles
Biscayne
Death Valley
Joshua Trees
New River Gorge
Wind Cave
Mount Raineer
Olympic
Petrified Forest
Gateway Arch
Mammoth Cave
Saguaro
Congaree
Guadalupe Mountains

Samoa, Crater Lake, Cuyahoga Valley, Denali, Gates of the Arctic, GlacieBcr, Glacier Bay, Great Basin, Indiana Dunes, Isle Royale, Katmai, Kenai Fjords, Kobuk’s Valley, Lake Clark, Lassen Volcanic, Theodore Roosevelt, Voyageurs, and Wrangel-St Elias.
Interesting that you have Big Bend so high. We are trying to plan a trip out there. Its like 8 hours from DFW to drive out there. Anything in particular you liked/disliked about it?

July/Aug 2025 my wife and I are going to Scotland for 3 weeks. Starting in Glasgow, with a detour to Dumfries, we are going around the country clockwise, a couple of days at each stop, except Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Glasgow
Dumfries
Ft William
Isle of Skye
Inverness
Aberdeen
Dundee
Ending in Edinburgh during the Tattoo.

Told my wife I was going to pick back up on the Glaswegian accent I learned from my grandma

Not JRHawk but I’ll chime in as I love knocking out the NPs too.

Top 5 for me:
1 - Glacier - simply the best. We have rented a house on lake McDonald 3 times now and it is unbeatable.
2 - Yosemite - seeing the valley after exiting the tunnel for the first time is something I’ll never forget. Loved the lodging setup there too.
3 - Olympic - super underated imo. Quite a few different ecosystems
4 - Zion - getting so dang crowded now. Narrrows hike was just one of the best hikes we have ever done.
5 - Yellowstone - nothing like it but it too is starting to just turn into an auto trail with so many cars
HM - Denali/Katmai - katmai in particular was great. Took a float plane out and did a 6 hours hike with a guide. Saw so many bear and their cubs. Very, very close too. Will upload some pictures later.

I’ve been to 23 others not including these ^.

The top 5 I still can’t wait to visit:
North Cascades
North River Gorge
Isle Royale
Hawaii Volcanoes
Acadia

No idea if these pictures come across or not…

Interesting that you have Big Bend so high. We are trying to plan a trip out there. It’s velike 8 hours from DFW to drive out there. Anything in particular you liked/disliked about it?

Make sure you go when it’s pleasant there which is November through the middle of March. The rest of the time it’s terrible. But in that sweet spot it’s one of the nicest National Parks. The closest I would compare it to would be if you combined Zion with the smoother portions of Canyonlands. But doing a short hike in the Rio Grande narrows between cliffs on both sides is amazing, far more impressive than Zion’s narrows. So is grabbing some elk chili at the main Lodge and then watching the sunset between “The Windows”. There’s lots of nice little slot canyons to hike as well. And if they’ve opened the border back up, you can ride a mule or canoe to a tiny Mexican border town and get authentic North Mexican food for next to nothing. (Check this as it wasn’t opened last time I was there).

Reactions: NLHawkeye88
The country I hear the most raving about (other than Italy) is Spain. That or Greece is probably next on my list of European countries to visit.
We like to eat at Gazalli’s in Waukee and the owner is from the Middle East and he highly recommends Turkey as the country to visit in the Mediterranean if you have to choose one country. We are looking at doing this and Greece this fall.

Make sure you go when it’s pleasant there which is November through the middle of March. The rest of the time it’s terrible. But in that sweet spot it’s one of the nicest National Parks. The closest I would compare it to would be if you combined Zion with the smoother portions of Canyonlands. But doing a short hike in the Rio Grande narrows between cliffs on both sides is amazing, far more impressive than Zion’s narrows. So is grabbing some elk chili at the main Lodge and then watching the sunset between “The Windows”. There’s lots of nice little slot canyons to hike as well. And if they’ve opened the border back up, you can ride a mule or canoe to a tiny Mexican border town and get authentic North Mexican food for next to nothing. (Check this as it wasn’t opened last time I was there).
Noted, thanks for sharing!

We did Glacier a few years ago, loved the park but HATED GTTSR dive up to the top. If you can imagine VERY thick fog the entire drive up. Im talking like 10 feet visibility. It was white knuckle the entire time up there.
it is indeed a white knuckle drive in spots; we were fortunate to have clear weather at the crack of dawn. when I got up there, it took my breath away in a Job 38 sense.

1) Yellowstone
2) South Rim, North Rim and Desert View of the Grand Canyon
3) Bryce Canyon
4) Big Bend
6) US Virgin Islands NP
7) Yosemite
8) Haleakala
9) White Sands
10) Arches
11) Hawaii Volcanoes
12) Badlands
14) Redwood
15) Sequoia
16) Acadia
18) Zion
19) Needles and other Sections of Canyonlands
20) Rocky Mountains
21) Everglades
22) Shenandoah
23) Capitol Reef
24) Mesa Verde
25) Great Sand Dunes
26) Channel Islands
27) Black Canyon of the Gunnison
28) Pinnacles
29) Carlsbad Caverns
30) Hot Springs
31) Dry Tortugas
32) Pinnacles
33) Biscayne
34) Death Valley
35) Joshua Trees
36) New River Gorge
37) Wind Cave
38) Mount Raineer
39) Olympic
40) Petrified Forest
41) Gateway Arch
42) Mammoth Cave
43) Saguaro
44) Congaree
Last) Guadalupe Mountains

Samoa, Crater Lake, Cuyahoga Valley, Denali, Gates of the Arctic, Glacier, Glacier Bay, Great Basin, Indiana Dunes, Isle Royale, Katmai, Kenai Fjords, Kobuk’s Valley, Lake Clark, Lassen Volcanic, Theodore Roosevelt, Voyageurs, and Wrangel-St Elias.
First off, that's a pretty damn impressive list, and especially impressed that you've already ticked off New River Gorge!!! I am not worthy!

Flying into Rome, but immediately taking a train to Florence. We are doing Florence for a few days, then taking the train back to Rome for a few days. We then have a place for a week on the Amalfi Coast. Based out of there, we will do day trips to Capri, Vesuvius, and Positano, sprinkled in with days just chilling at the rental villa.
Hit sorrento.
Lunch at the bellevue serene.
Just sayin.

Reactions: Tenacious E
OK, some random thoughts:

1. When in Rome, just tell yourself that you'll get back again before you die. That way, you'll pace yourself in a way that you don't try to see everything, and you'll enjoy everything you see that much more. Another good pacing tool is to stop for a gelato every two or three blocks as you walk around. You won't gain weight, and you won't regret it.
2. In Rome, the Vatican/St. Peters is of course a must see, along with the Coliseum area (shocking how 'modern' the stadium infrastructure is and the scale of it). I have so-so memories of the forum as I spent most of the time walking around with a child on my shoulders in 97 degree temperatures. Gnocchi, Pizza, Caccio e pepe. Also enjoyed just hanging out by the Spanish steps.
3. Do be vigilant at the train stations. At least when I went, it was sort of like the oklahoma land rush, and a young lady next to us accepted a kind, well-dressed gentleman's offer of help with her luggage, and he promptly absconded with her bags.
4. Most simply love Florence, I was somewhat underwhelmed by it. Obviously the David, Uffizi, Duomo, and Ponte Vecchio are must sees, but most of it just seemed like a city to me. Again, I, rather than others, seem to be the outlier here.
5. If you have wheels and are feeling up for a (long-ish) side trip from Florence, I loved Assisi. There's a peace and quiet about the place, and I never really "got" Giotto until I saw the frescos at the Basilica. Alternatively, another long-ish side trip would be Montalcino to drink brunello.
6. Just went to the Amalfi coast this summer, and stayed at a little place outside Minori. In general, I wouldn't recommend a car, it's just terrifying to drive the coastal road. Also, in summer, it will be very crowded; be prepared. Pick up some colatura d'alici (pressed anchovy oil) somewhere in your travels.
7. There's not much to see/do in Minori but there is an absolutely fantastic little restaurant there called Ristorante Pineta 1903. Another highlight is to hike the path of the lemons from Minori to Maiori - groves built on improbably steep terraced slopes. In Maori, there's a boutique limoncello place called Carlo Massi, right near the end of the path of the lemons. If you want to climb, from Maiori you can head up to Ravello.
8. Liked Amalfi and Positano - great shopping in both, but better in Positano. Sorta cool how each of the churches in these little seaside town have their own little stories of Marian appearances, icons, etc. Got lucky and saw a 'high-end' wedding, complete with drone photography, in Amalfi, though I pitied the bride walking up about 60 steep steps to the door of the church in her full gown. We were scheduled to go to Capri, but bailed, and I don't really regret it as I tend to feel like a captive on a boat.
9. Absolutely LOVED Pompeii. Just amazing in terms of the scale, the preservation, and the sophistication of design. Don't bail early because you're tired.
10. Finally, one of the things I really love about Italy to "be on the lookout for" is how the architecture reflects the political history of the particular place - whether it is the imperial Rome, the physical manifestation of a "city state" atop a hill in Tuscany/Umbria, the 'democratic' square buildings of a commercial republic in Venice, or the defensive outposts along the amalfi coast.
Solid stuff here.
I also love assisi. St francis and claire basillicas are great.

Last edited:
Aerial-view-of-Pietrapertosa-rural-village-in-Apennines-Dolomiti-Lucane-Basilicata-Italy-at-sunset-shutterstock_1477931075-2.jpg
If you’re near Vesuvius/Pompeii head a couple hours east to Pietrapertosa / Castelmezzano. It’s off the beaten path and amazing. Great way to unwind for a couple days after all of the sightseeing.

We did Glacier a few years ago, loved the park but HATED GTTSR dive up to the top. If you can imagine VERY thick fog the entire drive up. Im talking like 10 feet visibility. It was white knuckle the entire time up there.

We went in the St. Mary's entrance and did our hike up to Dawson's Pass.

St-Mary-s-Lake-Glacier.jpg

Reactions: Aardvark86
Heading to Playa Del Carmen for a wedding next week. Staying at the Iberostar Parasio Lindo
I've actually stayed there. Twice! If you have kids, they will have a blast. Wave pool, kids show at night, etc. Hopefully your weather is good because the waves there were perfect low key body surfing. My only word of caution would be to exercise caution when drinking any booze on the rocks or neat. They absolutely put rot gut in bottles of decent stuff. I had a "Tanqueray" on the rocks and I almost did a spit take like in the movies. F*cking gross. At least extend me the courtesy of letting me know I am drinking something absolutely requiring a mixer.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Anyone been to Thailand? Looking at ideas of where to visit this summer. Best way to get there places to eat.
It's been a long time since I traveled there, but Bangkok vs other areas are incredibly different. We did go to Ko Samui and it was incredible. The hot spots and what's cool changes year to year as tourists flood different areas. What you want should figure into where you want to go in terms of activity levels and the number of people around. Restaurants are everywhere and you'll be well served to be adventuresome in dining out. Would love to hear what your experience is like there. I did make it to a Muay Thai fight which was incredible.

Reactions: ericram
The biggest problem with the Caribbean right now is the Sargussum, which can come in and completely ruin the trip. That is, unless you don’t care about the beach.

We now go to Aruba, as it is mainly outside of the Sargussum zone. It’s also clean, easy to navigate, and has great beaches.
This. We've been to Aruba the past 3 years in a row. Reason being our anniversary and wifes Birthday are in Sept. and Aruba doesn't have Hurricanes. We love it there. Everyone speaks english, and they take US Dollars. We know our way around and what to do. Beaches are amazing.

This. We've been to Aruba the past 3 years in a row. Reason being our anniversary and wifes Birthday are in Sept. and Aruba doesn't have Hurricanes. We love it there. Everyone speaks english, and they take US Dollars. We know our way around and what to do. Beaches are amazing.
Well now between you and Art, I want to go to Aruba. The down side to it, that I have read, is that it is windy AF.

Where do you stay?

We go in the spring - because my wife has always worked at schools so we have to go around school vacations. I'm looking forward to next year when we can go in February and get a nice break in the middle of winter.

Would love to get more info from you on where to stay, what to do, etc. Aruba is climbing up the list for me!

Well now between you and Art, I want to go to Aruba. The down side to it, that I have read, is that it is windy AF.

It is very windy, which concerned the heck out of me. I truly do hate wind, but for whatever reason it doesn't bother me when I'm there. In fact, last year there was no wind for a couple of days and I missed it, because it was awfully hot when the air is still.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Anyone been to Thailand? Looking at ideas of where to visit this summer. Best way to get there places to eat.

I never have, but an old friend of mine has been posting pictures from there the last couple of weeks. It looks amazing! Hopefully I can get some scoop when he gets back.

I've actually stayed there. Twice! If you have kids, they will have a blast. Wave pool, kids show at night, etc. Hopefully your weather is good because the waves there were perfect low key body surfing. My only word of caution would be to exercise caution when drinking any booze on the rocks or neat. They absolutely put rot gut in bottles of decent stuff. I had a "Tanqueray" on the rocks and I almost did a spit take like in the movies. F*cking gross. At least extend me the courtesy of letting me know I am drinking something absolutely requiring a mixer.
Any recommendations on what to do at the resort and a mixed drink to sip on?

Any recommendations on what to do at the resort and a mixed drink to sip on?
I mean, it was pretty basic. We liked to order room service each morning, although it was due to the age of our kids (3 and 6 for the first trip). We started drinking around 10 in the morning with pina coladas, mojitos, etc at the wave pool while the kids in our extended family (at that time, aged 3 to 13) messed around in the wave pool. We eventually would work our way down to the beach most days and did some body surfing and more drinking. Dinner at the restaurants was just okay. Food was not that great. It is a pretty cheap resort as far as tropical all inclusives go. For side trips, we did a dolphin swim (Delphinus) and that was awesome. Another day we did Tulum with its beach and Mayan ruins. Another day some did the ziplining thing at a cenote park. Another day we went to another resort that had snorkeling. I do not recall the name of it, but most of the "eco parks" are all around each other and it was close to the Delphinus place. It sounds like a lot of time not at the resort but this was sprinkled over two separate trips. All in all it was a lot of fun for not an obscene amount of money, as far as Spring Break trips go.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Joel, I have a friend who retired from national archives; that's where you'd look. They have specialists there who can assist with that sort of thing.
Thanks…..looks like I’ll have some weather time to search this month!
We are doing some cooking lessons in Florence, and have some tours lined up. In Rome, our VRBO is right by (across the street from?) the Coliseum. Also doing the Vatican. Should be a hectic first week. The second week I am very much looking forward to chilling on the Amalfi Coast. We are spacing the daytrips out every other day, and we will have a private chef come and cook a few meals. I'm not going to get rich taking the vacation, but this is all right before I turn 50, so I have waited a long time for it. It also helps that we will be 4 of 11 people in the extended family paying for large places we rent, so the per capita damage isn't as bad as it could be.
Going to Positano, along the cliffs by the Mediterranean…..the buses have to “pull” their side view mirrors in against the bus to make the hair pin turns in the road…..special police assigned to assist buses around these turns….quite a production…..Don’t let the wire netting on the rocky cliffs roadside bother you…..rock slides onto the road are a rare occurrence!

OK, some random thoughts:

1. When in Rome, just tell yourself that you'll get back again before you die. That way, you'll pace yourself in a way that you don't try to see everything, and you'll enjoy everything you see that much more. Another good pacing tool is to stop for a gelato every two or three blocks as you walk around. You won't gain weight, and you won't regret it.
2. In Rome, the Vatican/St. Peters is of course a must see, along with the Coliseum area (shocking how 'modern' the stadium infrastructure is and the scale of it). I have so-so memories of the forum as I spent most of the time walking around with a child on my shoulders in 97 degree temperatures. Gnocchi, Pizza, Caccio e pepe. Also enjoyed just hanging out by the Spanish steps.
3. Do be vigilant at the train stations. At least when I went, it was sort of like the oklahoma land rush, and a young lady next to us accepted a kind, well-dressed gentleman's offer of help with her luggage, and he promptly absconded with her bags.
4. Most simply love Florence, I was somewhat underwhelmed by it. Obviously the David, Uffizi, Duomo, and Ponte Vecchio are must sees, but most of it just seemed like a city to me. Again, I, rather than others, seem to be the outlier here.
5. If you have wheels and are feeling up for a (long-ish) side trip from Florence, I loved Assisi. There's a peace and quiet about the place, and I never really "got" Giotto until I saw the frescos at the Basilica. Alternatively, another long-ish side trip would be Montalcino to drink brunello.
6. Just went to the Amalfi coast this summer, and stayed at a little place outside Minori. In general, I wouldn't recommend a car, it's just terrifying to drive the coastal road. Also, in summer, it will be very crowded; be prepared. Pick up some colatura d'alici (pressed anchovy oil) somewhere in your travels.
7. There's not much to see/do in Minori but there is an absolutely fantastic little restaurant there called Ristorante Pineta 1903. Another highlight is to hike the path of the lemons from Minori to Maiori - groves built on improbably steep terraced slopes. In Maori, there's a boutique limoncello place called Carlo Massi, right near the end of the path of the lemons. If you want to climb, from Maiori you can head up to Ravello.
8. Liked Amalfi and Positano - great shopping in both, but better in Positano. Sorta cool how each of the churches in these little seaside town have their own little stories of Marian appearances, icons, etc. Got lucky and saw a 'high-end' wedding, complete with drone photography, in Amalfi, though I pitied the bride walking up about 60 steep steps to the door of the church in her full gown. We were scheduled to go to Capri, but bailed, and I don't really regret it as I tend to feel like a captive on a boat.
9. Absolutely LOVED Pompeii. Just amazing in terms of the scale, the preservation, and the sophistication of design. Don't bail early because you're tired.
10. Finally, one of the things I really love about Italy to "be on the lookout for" is how the architecture reflects the political history of the particular place - whether it is the imperial Rome, the physical manifestation of a "city state" atop a hill in Tuscany/Umbria, the 'democratic' square buildings of a commercial republic in Venice, or the defensive outposts along the amalfi coast.
Pretty solid as I mentioned before.
Two places i also like is lake como and especially villa de este. Fantastic hotel.
I/we also love monterroso in cinque terre.
Great seaside vibe with good food (shocker right).

Reactions: Aardvark86
We did the Florida Gulf Coast in November, we'll be doing Charleston, Savannah, Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach, Augusta, and Bourbon Trail in late March/early April. Dates and places TBD.

Looking at Adult only AI's for a week in February in RM, Jamaica, Dom Reb. Possibly Bahama's.

CSB- I was on Apple vacations looking for the first week of February. Got a hit on Secrets Akumal that was priced at $11k/person for 7 days. I figured I put in a month long stay. Nope. Right now Secrets everywhere are running around $3k or more for 7 days.

@3boysmom WTF?
They’ve definitely been pricing higher. I did just run them for I think March 20-27 and it was much better.

It's the middle of winter and thoughts turn to vacations in warm spots next year. Personally thinking about a short 3 or 4 night trip in June to an all-exclusive type place within a few hour flight. What has been recent experience with the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, etc? We did Tulum last year and enjoyed it, but that's a longer travel day. @3boysmom what's hot and what's not? You've provided great insight to this board in the past on this topic.

Go Hawks!
As noted before, sargassum can be bad in June so we want to keep that in consideration. If you want all inclusive your best options aren’t in the Bahamas. Turks has a couple of options but at least they’re nice. The Playa Mujeres area of Cancun is the best area to be in for the Mexican Caribbean. Isla Mujeres catches most of the sargassum protecting those beaches. And that’s where I’m currently finding the best deals.
If you want to shoot me an email I can give you more specific information for your particular situation. Chooseyouradventuretravel@gmail.com

Noted, thanks for sharing!

So I looked it up and the border to Boquillas Mexico is open from Big Bend again. Boquillas is old school, Hollywood Western’s ideas of what a tiny Mexican town should look like. There is literally two restaurants with booze and one straight up bar plus about forty locals.

and here’s a videotour of the town by a condescending white b*+<£.

I will say that if you haven’t had Sotol yet, give it a try. It is miles better than most Mezcals and a completely different (far more earthy and herby) drink than tequila. I had it for the first time at Desert’s Door distillery in central Texas and while that is still great, there are tons of other good Sotols being produced in Texas and Mexico (and without that sharp and acrid “bad cigarette“ smokiness that most Mezcal’s have.

Anyone have any input on Isla Mujeres? We're still pondering where to head off to. Nice beach, booze and some good local food is all I'm looking for, not stuck with some all inclusive buffet and what not in Cancun. Isla Mujeres seems to check the boxes and I've spent the past week finding what I can online.
Holbox is a much better answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT