ADVERTISEMENT

US inflation rises for the first time in a year to 3.2% rate, but underlying measures remain mild

I saw something about falling home prices hitting China. Do you think that will be contagious?

The real estate market in China is prepared to shit the bed,.. For years the China has been investing money into the construction of thousands of commercial and residential buildings that have never been occupied and serve no legitimate purpose,.. Literal cities without residents.

I saw something about falling home prices hitting China. Do you think that will be contagious? I think the UK is also having problems.
I expect home prices in the US to fall some, but not a lot. There's still a lot of housing demand in the US. People are reluctant to take losses on recent buys.

Your second part. There have been several definitions that have been changed to make numbers look different in the last 2 years.
No. Actually there are several different things you can strip out of inflation. They report on all these.

The real reason food and gas is stripped out isn't because they are heartless bastards or because they want to "make numbers look different". The real reason is because food and gas can be very volatile. So, by stripping those out, they can better assess what's really going on and what actions to take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT