ADVERTISEMENT

US IRS Answered 2.4 Million More Taxpayer Calls Due to New Funding

Creates overly complicated tax code.

Asks for more budget.

Pats themselves on their back when they proclaim how many questions they received.

Good ol’ government
It's providing better service while generating more revenue than it spends by enforcing the law. Unless you're in favor of letting tax cheats off the hook, I would say it's the epitome of good government.

But Iowa Republicans investing in up front costs to curb welfare waste fraud and abuse, which will result in millions in savings over the years, is bad according to the Dems.

Pretty obvious who doesn’t routinely have to interact with the IRS.

It’s been a f*****g nightmare the last three years because of no staff.

Reactions: mnHawk8
What kind of question does one need to ask an IRS agent that the Google doesn’t already know?
A couple of years ago I received notice from the IRS that I owed then $19k additional on my federal taxes. I contacted my attorney who began a "mail" ping-pong match with the IRS. The "mistake" was an obvious oversight by the IRS.
In the "old days" my guy would call the IRS' guy and point out the oversight and in 15 minutes the correction would have been made. This "oversight/mistake" involved the mail and an additional 9 months of time to solve (IRS personnel shortages)...and resulted in the IRS refunding me an additional $600 instead of me "owing" them $19k. Adequate personnel is a key component to providing "customer service".....private or public sector.
So Iowa Pack....THAT is one example of a question an IRS CAN answer that "google" cannot.

It's providing better service while generating more revenue than it spends by enforcing the law. Unless you're in favor of letting tax cheats off the hook, I would say it's the epitome of good government.
“Generating more revenue”

62333_Simpsons-Nelson-Ha-Ha-clean.png

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT