ADVERTISEMENT

USC coming after Parker??

That’s why Kirk is the perfect coach to lead Iowa with the transition of the PAC12 teams.

He’ll beat them as much if not more than those 4 schools beat us the next 5 years.
It's going to be interesting. Nebraska was sure their brand of football was gonna shake up the conference but that didn't happen. IMHO, big difference is...Washington, Oregon, USC all have serious talent and speed.

There dynasty was what 20 years ago now?!
Longer than I realized I guess. And I forgot their most recent ('07) didn't count. But point is, bringing USC back in contention isn't anywhere close to other similar teams such as Nebraska. It doesn't take a lot to jump start a school like that, and he very well could be the part that does it.

I bet he stays at the program where he is loved and cherished. His other option is bolt for a program that hasnt played in sub 45 degree weather since we showed Nagasaki and Hiroshima we weren't playing around.

If KF retired and Mark Stoops at Kentucky called, I wonder if he would be intrigued. Probably depends on the $$$.

Only way he’d leave is if they paid him a premiere HC salary to be DC only … and Kirk hung it up. Possible but extremely unlikely.

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting. Nebraska was sure their brand of football was gonna shake up the conference but that didn't happen. IMHO, big difference is...Washington, Oregon, USC all have serious talent and speed.
Wait until you see those teams tackle!

Nebraska too for that matter during their 15 years in this conference.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Imagine if KF would of had an offense, how much more that would have help Parkers defense. Parker has never had any help
Exactly,today our offense was finally effecient moving the chains and controlling the ball. That is all this team needs to win. It rested the defense so when they got in there they were fresh and could get after them. Edit I mean dominate a game.

I weigh 270 and love contact 😛

hey-now-hank-kingsley.gif

I think it would be a personality clash between Riley and Parker. Phil would want stingey, messy, dirty in-your-face defense where they drag the offense in the mud. Riley wants to score, score, score. Riley's emphasis will never go into defense as much as his offense. Phil needs "guys", Riley will give him just guys. Phil would know better no amount of Spielberg money will get him there.

They are not getting Phil, so if I were them I would get Jim Leonhard. He is available and would be a perfect fit.

Reactions: littlez
You have to think that this wouldn't be the first time someone came with a truckload of money to try and hire him away. If Kirk retires they might be able to get him, though.

2 years ago ND went after isu DC Heacock and he turned down Freeman the HC who he actually has a relationship with. As long as kirk is here PP isn’t going anywhere. He has free reign with his D. Now if I was Lincoln Riley the guy I’d go after is one state over in Illinois. That is Jim Leonhard who is serving as analyst for Bert. After watching wisky today sure Fickell wishes he would’ve stayed on his staff. That D has taken a step back this year with him gone.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Phil would probably be better served just writing a book. I still think it would take 3-5 years to get his guys in place and get them playing the way he wants them too. That puts him at like 65.

The cesspool that is LA, weather aside, sounds better than being able to chill and live a normal life like he and his family have lived for the last 25 years?

Really?
Some of you are so ridiculous. Again, don’t think he’s going but you don’t think Phil could live pretty good in LA for a couple million a year? And they’re moving to the Big Ten where he would know everyone’s tendencies. Really sucks when it’s 70 and sunny every day as well in that “cesspool.” Lol.

Nebraska also lost Texas as a recruiting ground after joining the Big Ten. Oregon, USC, and UW won’t be losing their top recruiting grounds. USC will continue to have problems until Riley acknowledges defense exists though. UW will probably take a step back without Penix. I do think Oregon will replace Penn St in top 3 of conf.

Not worried but it would be funny to see KF and BF's faces the second they found out they no longer had Uncle Phil to bail them out all season.
WELL, since Brian won't be here next year, and obviously its not happening this season, then YES It would be hard to see BF's face.....

I’d hire Parker as our HC. It would be a way to basically guarantee that half our team would be championship caliber as well as hopefully keep some of the other great coaches around. And hopefully he would have a more progressive outlook on offense.

Reactions: littlez
Nebraska also lost Texas as a recruiting ground after joining the Big Ten. Oregon, USC, and UW won’t be losing their top recruiting grounds. USC will continue to have problems until Riley acknowledges defense exists though. UW will probably take a step back without Penix. I do think Oregon will replace Penn St in top 3 of conf.
OU and UW will be hit a little harder than USC and UCLA. All 4's major recruiting grounds are Cali.

I don't understand how USC fans can think Parker would say yes after taking 1 glimpse at the USC secondary.

Its really bad.

Don’t look now, but USC is 7-4. Riley is going to be on thin ice when they come in and start losing games in the Midwest.

Some of you are so ridiculous. Again, don’t think he’s going but you don’t think Phil could live pretty good in LA for a couple million a year? And they’re moving to the Big Ten where he would know everyone’s tendencies. Really sucks when it’s 70 and sunny every day as well in that “cesspool.” Lol.
I bet the gridlock is a blast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT