ADVERTISEMENT

USC coming after Parker??

Some of you are so ridiculous. Again, don’t think he’s going but you don’t think Phil could live pretty good in LA for a couple million a year? And they’re moving to the Big Ten where he would know everyone’s tendencies. Really sucks when it’s 70 and sunny every day as well in that “cesspool.” Lol.
Lol is right

So I could be wrong and maybe he is. I’m just saying if you are the best in the entire country at your job and people were lining up to hire you if Kirk retires at the end of the year, why quit? 60 isn’t old. The guy has 6-8-10 years left in him easily if he wants to. He could go anywhere or if he wanted to stay loyal to Iowa and the new coach I’m sure we’d sure like to keep him! Phil doesn’t seem like a guy who’s going to run off to the Florida keys.
or run off to the rat hole in LA.

Some of you are so ridiculous. Again, don’t think he’s going but you don’t think Phil could live pretty good in LA for a couple million a year? And they’re moving to the Big Ten where he would know everyone’s tendencies. Really sucks when it’s 70 and sunny every day as well in that “cesspool.” Lol.
Obviously with the $ that would be thrown his way, Phil would be able to largely avoid the "cesspool" issues of LA. However, he would be going from a metro area of < 200,000 people to an area with over 12M people. I just get the impression that this would be totally unappealing to Phil. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, he would have to be paid $2.4M+ just to break even from a COL standpoint, and I don't see that happening.

Obviously with the $ that would be thrown his way, Phil would be able to largely avoid the "cesspool" issues of LA. However, he would be going from a metro area of < 200,000 people to an area with over 12M people. I just get the impression that this would be totally unappealing to Phil. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, he would have to be paid $2.4M+ just to break even from a COL standpoint, and I don't see that happening.

Los Angeles is more of a county than a big city. It's essentially a giant suburb. The weather is always nice and there's literally something for everyone. Want to keep your Midwest bedazzled jeans and truck culture? Orange County. Want to live your best artist life? Highland Park or Silver Lake. Asian or Latino and want to stick with the culture? San Gabriel Valley.

USC fans are starting to chirp about wanting Phil Parker as their next DC, and thinking they can get him. Wanting USC to back up the Brinks truck to his house in Iowa City. All I can say is…
giphy.gif
PP in LA 😂😂😂😂😂😂 expectations and competition little tougher than Rutgers 10 times a season. Not happening ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
While I don’t think he would ever take the job you’re crazy if you don’t think he’d have them as a top 15-20 defense in 3 years. He’s the best. Look what he’s been able to do with our 3 star guys. If he was getting 4 star guys out there it would be scary.
Situation and variables matter. There is never a guarantee that a coaches system would translate to another program . Especially one as radically different than Iowa as USC

Reactions: hawkosx and littlez
I don't care what anyone says, but money does talk especially towards the end of you career.
I would think Phil has plenty of cash. Has been comfortable in Iowa City and his family likes it here. KF no doubt is a very close friend. I don't think he is going anywhere unless Kirk retires.

Reactions: hawkosx
Imagine a team with Grinch as the defensive coordinator, and B. Ferentz the offensive coordinator. I only regret we didn't get to see that matchup with USC playing Iowa.

Imagine if KF would have had an offense, how much more that would have help Parkers defense. Parker has never had any help
Exhibit 1: Rutgers Nov. 11, 2023

Total Plays: Rutgers 41, Iowa 77

Iowa’s suddenly serviceable offense stayed on the field and kept the defense off. When the defense was on, they were rested and sharp, firing off the line and making stops. On the sideline they were smiling and having fun.

A complementary offense makes a difference.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT