ADVERTISEMENT

UWW Junior Freestyle Thread

Watching to day Marinelli and Young both look small for the weight to me.
Maybe Marinelli going 157 next year Kem goes 165..Boy looks like Young
gonna have to hit the weights and gain muscle for 174..Maybe it is just me
what say any of u guys?

Marinelli was a top 3 P4P, shouldn't we expect him to beat guys like McFadden?

McFadden was #17 p4p and AA'd his true FS. He has a RS year behind him now so he is pretty tough. I expect a college match to be a tough one...I would expect a freestyle one to be tougher because of Alex's lack of FS experience...although he has been doing a pretty good imitation of a seasoned FS dude going straight into leglaces on his TDs

what say any of u guys?

Same here although it didn't seem to affect Marinelli today. I think our lineup would look better Kem at 149, Marinelli at 157, and Young at 165. Tough to say that as much as I like Sorensen.

what say any of u guys?
Marinelli will stay at 165. Young needs to put on 10 lbs as he walks around in mid 170s.

Kemerer isn't beating BS. Lets stop this crazy talk.
17-18
49 BS
57 MK
65 AM
74 KY
deal with it.

I don't think I said who would win between Sorensen/Kemdawg, just said our lineup would look better with guys at their natural weight. Anyways, it's not crazy to say Kemerer could take Sorensen...except for a loss to a fluky wrestler, Kemerer only lost to Nolf at a higher weight and wrestled him tougher than anybody in the country. BS beat him 4-1 last year in freestyle and now Kemerer has a whole college season under his belt. I also think Kemerer would give Zain a tougher match because he has more offense than Brandon.

Not going to happen but I think those are the weights those three would be best at.

Anyone having issues with Mat 1? I've logged in repeatedly on multiple devices. Other mats seem to work fine.

Marinelli was a top 3 P4P, shouldn't we expect him to beat guys like McFadden?

Marinelli didn't get on the radar in FLO's writeup prior to the start. Here's what they had to say about the 74kg group:

<<
74kg: David McFadden, Mark Hall, Hayden Hidlay, Jake Allar, Trent Hidlay, Thomas Bullard, Evan Wick

All I can really say is that this is going to be fun. Naturally, Hall is the favorite here, but there are some hammers that will look to stand in his way. Each round of this bracket has a potential can't-miss match.>>

Reactions: IAChief32
Marinelli didn't get on the radar in FLO's writeup prior to the start. Here's what they had to say about the 74kg group:

<<
74kg: David McFadden, Mark Hall, Hayden Hidlay, Jake Allar, Trent Hidlay, Thomas Bullard, Evan Wick

All I can really say is that this is going to be fun. Naturally, Hall is the favorite here, but there are some hammers that will look to stand in his way. Each round of this bracket has a potential can't-miss match.>>

Obviously thought Bullard was going to come out to the semis I guess. I get that AM has never freestyled but its not rocket science plus his style is geared towards it.

Same here although it didn't seem to affect Marinelli today. I think our lineup would look better Kem at 149, Marinelli at 157, and Young at 165. Tough to say that as much as I like Sorensen.

You had two proven top 2/3 guys and you took one of them out of the lineup for unproven freshmen. That's not a better looking lineup.

Kem looked the part of a full size 157 by the end of the year. He won't see 149 again, IMHO.

You had two proven top 2/3 guys and you took one of them out of the lineup for unproven freshmen. That's not a better looking lineup.

Kem looked the part of a full size 157 by the end of the year. He won't see 149 again, IMHO.

Both Marinelli and Young look severely undersized compared to the guys they were wresting today. Could that change in six months? Sure. Like it or not though, the "unproven freshman" would do well at 57/65 instead of potentially getting horsed up a weight. If it meant the difference between AA at those weights instead of mediocre seasons up a weight, than I would be willing to gab about it on here on GP to take momentum into 2019.

On most any other team, Kemerer would have been a 49 this year...I don't think he's full sized compared to a guy like Nolf who is a career 157. He has the talent to be at 57 but like I said, I think he could give Zain a good match at NCAAs.

Don't get all Spooner on me...I know it wouldn't happen but its something to chew on.

Marinelli wins a close one over McFadden. Went to video review twice on the same move sequence. Each time the reviewers had a different result. How can that be?

Reactions: LaxHawk174
Marinelli wins a close one over McFadden. Went to video review twice on the same move sequence. Each time the reviewers had a different result. How can that be?

First review by the mat side refs (they did their own review, not a challenge). Challenge done by separate committee. Not sure if they have the same video or other camera angles as well.

Both Marinelli and Young look severely undersized compared to the guys they were wresting today.

IJo looked severely undersized to BoJo, yet he always won at 165.

Strong hips, back, chest and neck are just as if not more important than big arms.
Graham at one time (many years ago) had an amazing lift coach. Coach "aps" knew what muscles to build and how to do it, exceptionally well.

People call it different things. I've heard the thought referred to like, "long muscles" even "old man strength". Simply, some of the strongest people don't look like it.

Marinelli looked small compared to Hall when they met post season HS but (pretty sure) that was at 170. No clue how much difference five or so pounds will make.

Hopefully, "the bull" doesn't get stuck by a spladle this time.....

Last edited:
Reactions: LaxHawk174
Flo cut out on me during the Marinelli match. I saw he lost but anyone care to breakdown what happened?

Flo cut out on me during the Marinelli match. I saw he lost but anyone care to breakdown what happened?
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT