ADVERTISEMENT

Victor Voinovich transfers to Iowa

The only one there would be is this one. AJ is awaiting trial for rape so there’s no bother even applying and the other is too young.

Me, too. The problem is the rest of it.
I don't know what the charges are but there is a screen shot on Twitter of Mastrogiovanni texting someone the trouble that AJ got himself into. In it he said AJ prevented some girl from leaving while he j*rked off on her. Not rape but not good that's for sure.

I don't know what the charges are but there is a screen shot on Twitter of Mastrogiovanni texting someone the trouble that AJ got himself into. In it he said AJ prevented some girl from leaving while he j*rked off on her. Not rape but not good that's for sure.
Well if that’s all he did…………

Reactions: jayridescarbon
For sure not trying to minimize the act. Just relaying what I read on the subject. Still think that lands someone on the registry with jail time. However, I think if you took a poll of whether someone would rather be raped or jerked off on, you'd get a unanimous answer. That's all I'm saying.
You should have just stopped after the words jail time. SMH

this is all why I don’t follow recruiting so much…… We’ll roll with the guys we get when they get here

Victor is a solid get and looks like an Iowa wrestler already……. at end of the day….. you gotta have guys that want to be here for the right reasons

I made my comments on how I felt about the Ferraris many times and eventually took the I’ll trust TNT position on it……if he can’t get through admissions might be a blessing in disguise

the Rutgers glitz and glamor bullshit and is going enjoy wrestling in front of 1000 fans sitting on their hands
It’s a far cry from wrestling at CHA, but to be fair, Rutgers finished 4th in NCAA home attendance this past year at about 4300 per match.

Penn State was already winning next year's team championship by 50+ points, so now Iowa is going to fall behind Michigan and Rutgers as well?

Barring an unforeseen act of God, Penn State just locked up the next 5 years of titles with their best recruiting and portal haul ever. So that is story #1.

Story #2 is what's going on with Iowa, which seems to be having a bit of a dumpster fire moment. I'm anxious to understand what actually happened and what its impact is.

Story #1 makes story #2 look worse, but they're different stories. Let's wait for the dust to clear and see where we're at.

Is there another program with this issue? Honestly, what's the excuse this time?
They definitely lead college wrestling in smoldering bridges and that is not good for program health. Communication and connections are huge in the college wrestling world.

Barring an unforeseen act of God, Penn State just locked up the next 5 years of titles with their best recruiting and portal haul ever. So that is story #1.

Story #2 is what's going on with Iowa, which seems to be having a bit of a dumpster fire moment. I'm anxious to understand what actually happened and what its impact is.

Story #1 makes story #2 look worse, but they're different stories. Let's wait for the dust to clear and see where we're at.
Regardless of the PSU angle, there is no bad time to get the house in order and start competing in all phases (mat, recruiting, portal, academics, boosters, facilities, etc). It is the time to fix whatever those weaknesses are in order to start chipping away and closing the gap each year.

My take is the biggest problem with Iowa wrestling right now is they are so consumed with winning the they have forgotten the real purpose of college athletics. Taking boys and turning them into fine young men. If they are willing to sell their soul to win at all costs, they are going to make mistakes and overlook things such as team culture, seriousness of injuries, and being grateful for what you have.

IMHO the TnT have impacted many lives in an amazing way and in a way that most of us never will. That should be worth something. To think and act like it doesn't matter unless they win national titles is missing the whole point. Be grateful for the opportunities you have and the impact you have. Do the best you can with the people set in front of you and make the world a better place by helping those in your circle.

When all that matters is winning NCAA titles, the devil is not far from owning your soul. Or should I say disaster is not far behind, because the important things are being ignored. I am not saying that striving to win is bad and I am not saying that when people give everything they have to win, that it bad. I am saying that when winning is the only thing that is important - bad things will eventually follow.

My take is the biggest problem with Iowa wrestling right now is they are so consumed with winning the they have forgotten the real purpose of college athletics. Taking boys and turning them into fine young men. If they are willing to sell their soul to win at all costs, they are going to make mistakes and overlook things such as team culture, seriousness of injuries, and being grateful for what you have.

IMHO the TnT have impacted many lives in an amazing way and in a way that most of us never will. That should be worth something. To think and act like it doesn't matter unless they win national titles is missing the whole point. Be grateful for the opportunities you have and the impact you have. Do the best you can with the people set in front of you and make the world a better place by helping those in your circle.

When all that matters is winning NCAA titles, the devil is not far from owning your soul. Or should I say disaster is not far behind, because the important things are being ignored. I am not saying that striving to win is bad and I am not saying that when people give everything they have to win, that it bad. I am saying that when winning is the only thing that is important - bad things will eventually follow.
Then why don't we win more? I'm not sure I follow your logic here. TNT hasn't recruited over any wrestlers. TNT has mismanaged wrestlers because they are both egotistical dudes...my way or the highway type guys. They're both old school, tougher than you because we beat the hell out of each other, type guys. That doesn't work in today's age of high skill training. You can no longer just push and bully a guy around.

Then why don't we win more? I'm not sure I follow your logic here. TNT hasn't recruited over any wrestlers. TNT has mismanaged wrestlers because they are both egotistical dudes...my way or the highway type guys. They're both old school, tougher than you because we beat the hell out of each other, type guys. That doesn't work in today's age of high skill training. You can no longer just push and bully a guy around.
You obviously don't know either. You're pushing a tired inaccurate perception.

Yes but minimizing that is truly disgusting.
Was gonna leave it be but I’ll bite as I hope anyone would do when accused of truly disgusting behavior. Look at what I wrote, it’s just the facts. There are different levels of crimes that receive varying levels of punishment. Ex. Assault vs assault with great bodily injury, manslaughter vs murder. It’s not minimization. Doesn't mean it's not bad just a lesser crime in the eyes of the law and I would think everyone in the whole wide world. If someone committed the alleged act would they not receive a lesser penalty than someone that raped someone? Is the legal system minimizing the offense? The objections make no sense. You guys are acting like I said it’s no big deal. What I said is what Mastro’s message said which is, it’s not rape.

Last edited:
They did win more for a while, but eventually it comes back to bite you. That is the point.
Recruiting over kids is just one way to have a win at all costs mentality, but so is bringing in wrestlers of questionable character to win.
As a side note - every time they bring in someone from the portal, that is recruiting over someone. I am not saying they shouldn't do it, but it is recruiting over someone. (You have guys like Happel and Glosser who spend 4 years in the program and then in their 5th year, it is finally their chance to shine and in comes Eireman or Lugo.)
With all that being said, I am not sure their is a better dog to coach the Hawks with the exception of some PSU coaches.

They did win more for a while, but eventually it comes back to bite you. That is the point.
Recruiting over kids is just one way to have a win at all costs mentality, but so is bringing in wrestlers of questionable character to win.
As a side note - every time they bring in someone from the portal, that is recruiting over someone. I am not saying they shouldn't do it, but it is recruiting over someone. (You have guys like Happel and Glosser who spend 4 years in the program and then in their 5th year, it is finally their chance to shine and in comes Eireman or Lugo.)
With all that being said, I am not sure their is a better dog to coach the Hawks with the exception of some PSU coaches.
As much as I love what guys like Happel and Glosser do for our program those guys don’t win national titles.

Was gonna leave it be but I’ll bite because I’m annoyed at how many likes this got. There was no minimization. I have no control of how people feel about something but if you look at what I wrote it’s just the facts. Don’t confuse minimization with objective reporting. There are different levels of crimes that receive varying levels of punishment. Ex. Assault vs assault with great bodily injury, manslaughter vs mass murder. It is literally how the legal system operates. It’s not minimization. It’s objective categorizing of the appropriate crime. If someone committed the alleged act would they not receive a lesser penalty than someone that raped someone? Is the legal system minimizing the sex offense? The objections make no sense. You guys are acting like I said it’s no big deal. What I said is what Mastro’s message said which is, it’s not rape. SMH.
"Rape" has a very specific legal definition. And the sincerely grotesque and heinous act that was done does not qualify as such. Sexual assault is more likely.

The Lisbon lovers are happy Siebrecht gets to man 157 again and produce maybe a few points at Nationals. Iowa shouldn't be in a position ever when a guy like Siebrecht is in the lineup, especially if they aspire to win the gold trophy.

That’s one hell of a post my friend…… and rings true…… I think the pressure of keeping up with PSU has clouded some decisions…… never too old to learn lessons though

I’ll never concede to PSU but honestly how do you compete with the recruits and transfers they’re getting

Gable won titles with Iowa kids and many underrated guys……. Cael is simply the manager of an all star team

Brands needs to get his kind of guys and coach them up to be good wrestlers and great citizens…… fathers….. husbands….. we’ve had success with that and I’ll always buy my seasons and cheer like hell whether we’re 1st or second long as we’re turning out young men we can be proud of

Not sure I could ever be proud of being associated with the Ferraris

That’s one hell of a post my friend…… and rings true…… I think the pressure of keeping up with PSU has clouded some decisions…… never too old to learn lessons though

I’ll never concede to PSU but honestly how do you compete with the recruits and transfers they’re getting

Gable won titles with Iowa kids and many underrated guys……. Cael is simply the manager of an all star team

Brands needs to get his kind of guys and coach them up to be good wrestlers and great citizens…… fathers….. husbands….. we’ve had success with that and I’ll always buy my seasons and cheer like hell whether we’re 1st or second long as we’re turning out young men we can be proud of

Not sure I could ever be proud of being associated with the Ferraris
I am sorry but your way of thinking is why we are so far behind... Except with the Farraris they can go somewhere else.. We need to go after the best kids and bring in coaches that kids want to train with. the TnT style is not going to work anymore and if they can't change than the program needs a change.

As much as I love what guys like Happel and Glosser do for our program those guys don’t win national titles.
I get that. I was just saying that it is still technically recruiting over someone. And those guys paid their dues. I am not even saying I disagree with it.

Reactions: tiltman
The Lisbon lovers are happy Siebrecht gets to man 157 again and produce maybe a few points at Nationals. Iowa shouldn't be in a position ever when a guy like Siebrecht is in the lineup, especially if they aspire to win the gold trophy.
Before his shoulder injury Cobe beat Artlona, Chumbley, Model, Brayton Lee, Will Lewan.. Wrestled Levi Haines as tough as anyone all year. You are being disingenuous to the job Cobe did last year.

Happel and Glosser were not going to shine. That's why they had to go to the portal in the first place.

Before his shoulder injury Cobe beat Artlona, Chumbley, Model, Brayton Lee, Will Lewan.. Wrestled Levi Haines as tough as anyone all year. You are being disingenuous to the job Cobe did last year.

I think you pin pointed the problem. Only one of those guys made the stand (Lewan) and he finished 8th. Not that I don't appreciate his effort.

Reactions: TarpHawk and js8793

If his load hit her face then he is certainly done for good, for sure.

cobe versus chittum is going to be a scrap. i like our guy. nothing against chittum, he is good, but he’s not going to develop in that room. all of their guys seem to get noticeably worse as the season goes on.

swiderski, paniro, carr, and the cuban all started off the year great then regressed. facts are facts.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
cobe versus chittum is going to be a scrap. i like our guy. nothing against chittum, he is good, but he’s not going to develop in that room. all of their guys seem to get noticeably worse as the season goes on.

swiderski, paniro, carr, and the cuban all started off the year great then regressed. facts are facts.
This, but I’m sure Cody’s slob of a father will move him out of Ames the second things don’t go his way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT