ADVERTISEMENT

Vols fan

dekhawk

HR Heisman
Nov 14, 2001
We had a vols fan in front of us at the airport this morning , all decked out in orange . I asked about the vols chances , he said getting past Cincinnati in game 2 might be a challenge. I suggested it could be Iowa , he chuckled. No respect but this team has earned that lately. Go hawks.

We had a vols fan in front of us at the airport this morning , all decked out in orange . I asked about the vols chances , he said getting past Cincinnati in game 2 might be a challenge. I suggested it could be Iowa , he chuckled. No respect but this team has earned that lately. Go hawks.
Son lives in Knoxville. He is not a fan of their fans at all. Combination of ISU/Nebraska if that makes sense. Just keep looking past, hope it bites them

They were certainly decent fans when Iowa played them in Dayton. Drank with quite a few of them, that OT was a disaster though.

It is kind of a screw job to be a 2 seed and having the possibility of playing a 7 seed 100 miles from their campus in round 2.

Reactions: Franisdaman

Did you ask him if he was going to apologize to Greg Schiano while he was in town?

I believe that’s Fran’s defensive philosophy?

1995ead5425280b3ae2fb1d331f580304a10eab3a6904b851e4f43ea29eb2267.jpg

Not going to happen...If UC gives up 15 3's I will I have sex with Peg and then Marci!
Don’t know that it means much but talked to a guy from Cincinnati in Key West. He sounded like Iowa fan. Said they are inconsistent, you don’t know what team will show up. Sounds familiar.

I just really hope the Hawks come out with some fire on defense because if they don't they are going to be in for a hurtin earlier by the looks of every other team that has played so far. Although I chose Cincinnati I am hoping that the Hawks can shock some people! Go Hawks!

i would have done this to that Vols fan:

Picked Iowa over Cincy. 90% homer pick 10% knowing that if their D shows up (I know, not likely) and they are sharing the ball that a win is possible. If the win happens a loss will certainly follow, but I'm good with that considering their late season swoon.

Vols worried about Cincinnati means Iowa ought to be worried also.
I put down a token win for Iowa vs Cincinnati in my pool. Who knows what Iowa team will show up.

What some random fan thinks is one of my keys to the game. Thought Iowa might have a chance, but after hearing what the Vols' fan thinks, I guess it's all over. Too bad he didn't speak up sooner and the Hawkeyes could have forfeited so CM could keep his baseball season going. I don't know anybody who couldn't use a .600 hitter. Well, except Tennessee, of course. All their guys bat 1.000. :confused:

Iowa needs to make them show respect

Reactions: dekhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT