ADVERTISEMENT

Wadley

dbleagle1

HB All-State
Oct 18, 2014
If he is the sole featured back, he is the best RB in the Big 10. That last cut before he took it to the house was impressive and not many backs would have seen that......add that to the straight line speed, he is #1 in my opinion.......Having said all that, I am a big LeShun fan too and he is quietly having a great season also. This is probably the best RB tandem I can remember in a long time........

Last edited:
If he is the sole featured back, he is the best RB in the Big 10. That last cut before he took it to the house was impressive and not many backs would have seen that......add that to the straight line speed, he is #1 in my opinion.......Having said all that, I am a big LeShun fan too and he is quietly having a great season also. This is probably the best RB tandem I am remember in a long time........

I agree with everything you said. Daniels is a solid back as well. The thing that impresses me most about Wadley is how fast he accelerates once he sees the hole. Its like its dinner time for him!

I agree with everything you said. Daniels is a solid back as well. The thing that impresses me most about Wadley is how fast he accelerates once he sees the hole. Its like its dinner time for him!

It's also fun to watch him survey the blocks at full speed. The run he had in middle of q2 where he went right and ran all the way out to the edge, looking at three potential holes before deciding, is uncoachable.

Reactions: 1971hawkeye
That run on 2nd n 16 earlier for like 13 yds was friggin impressive....made a couple really nice cuts on a dime to turn it into a nice gain...he looks healthy that's for sure.

If he is the sole featured back, he is the best RB in the Big 10. That last cut before he took it to the house was impressive and not many backs would have seen that......add that to the straight line speed, he is #1 in my opinion.......Having said all that, I am a big LeShun fan too and he is quietly having a great season also. This is probably the best RB tandem I can remember in a long time........
Sedrick Shaw/Tavian Banks

Not only does he have some good acceleration, but very shifty as well. He is a good one.

After 7 games for both Daniels and Wadley:

Daniels has 595 total yards rushing and 6 TDs.
Wadley has 586 total yards rushing and 8 TDs.

Wadley also has several TD's as a receiver.

Reactions: McLovin32
Wadley is certainly fun to watch. Best in the BIG? Careful. Barkley@ PSU, Jackson@ NW, Clement@ Whisky and Samuel@ OSU. The conference is filled with excellent running backs.

Yes but they were before, therefore not the last

2008 - Shonn Greene & Jewell Hampton - 2,300 yards, 27 TD
2009 - Brandon Wegher & Adam Robinson - 1,475 yards, 13 TD
2010 - Adam Robinson & Marcus Coker - 1563 yards, 13 TD
2011 - Marcus Coker & Jordan Canzeri - 1498 yards, 18 TD
2012 - Mark Weisman & Damon Bullock - 1328 yards, 11 TD
2013 - Mark Weisman & Damon Bullock - 1442 yards, 9 TD
2014 - Mark Weisman & Jordan Canzeri - 1306 yards, 16 TD
2015 - Jordan Canzeri & Lashun Daniels, Jr. - 1,630, 20 TD

By your loose terms of great, the last great tandem was last year. Wegher and Robinson were about average.

1985ronnie.jpg
636121399182388468-USATSI-9607657.jpg

Dude is a spitting image of Ronnie Harmon. I feel that by the time he graduates he'll be remembered as one of the best in recent memory.

2008 - Shonn Greene & Jewell Hampton - 2,300 yards, 27 TD
2009 - Brandon Wegher & Adam Robinson - 1,475 yards, 13 TD
2010 - Adam Robinson & Marcus Coker - 1563 yards, 13 TD
2011 - Marcus Coker & Jordan Canzeri - 1498 yards, 18 TD
2012 - Mark Weisman & Damon Bullock - 1328 yards, 11 TD
2013 - Mark Weisman & Damon Bullock - 1442 yards, 9 TD
2014 - Mark Weisman & Jordan Canzeri - 1306 yards, 16 TD
2015 - Jordan Canzeri & Lashun Daniels, Jr. - 1,630, 20 TD

By your loose terms of great, the last great tandem was last year. Wegher and Robinson were about average.

Honestly, they were decent backs but not even worth mentioning really.

Probably a little below average by big ten standards.

Nah.

Wegher/Robinson was last great tandem.
AROB TOUGH! REMEMBER BLOCK ON MSU BACKER.GREG JONES? HOPE ALL'S WELL WITH AROB.WEGHER ON ROSTER NOW? MR.AKRUM WILL ONLY GET BETER.DANIELS ALSO. DOES THE DANIELS HOUSE HAVE MORE SON?

I thought Ferenz' comment about Wadley getting 190 was in regard to his weight, not yards.

It was..Kirk with a quick wit smart a$$ remark at the young mans expense.. basically saying he would be happier with him being over 190lbs than over 170 yards rushing.. I get it but couldn't he have found something different to say about him than that?? Wtf ?!?! Kid had a good day and Kirk adds in a little jab to him being a light weight... I guess if Brandon Snyder and Bo Bower fit his size and weight standards they can miss tackles and take poor angles and get out ran with out the zingers by good ole coach..

It was..Kirk with a quick wit smart a$$ remark at the young mans expense.. basically saying he would be happier with him being over 190lbs than over 170 yards rushing.. I get it but couldn't he have found something different to say about him than that?? Wtf ?!?! Kid had a good day and Kirk adds in a little jab to him being a light weight... I guess if Brandon Snyder and Bo Bower fit his size and weight standards they can miss tackles and take poor angles and get out ran with out the zingers by good ole coach..
Good post

You could have put that last sentence in capitalised, bold, underlined letters and the blind supporters still would ignore any of KF's correctable deficiencies. One of them being his support for the less athletic "system" guy over the less experienced but more talented guys who quite often don't even see the field in a a blowout. How else do you explain the many walk-on farmboys running around out there that have little chance against the better athletes. Didn't he learn anything from that Stanford drubbing?

And people wonder why KF doesn't say anything at press conf. Because fans can't handle it

Nah that's not the case all.. But you know what? He actually could have kept his mouth shut if that kinda stuff is gonna come out of it thou.. Just talk about the play calling or lack there of or how well the line blocked instead of little guy jokes about the little guy with big yards on little carries! Those kinda comments my sit well with some but I don't care for them.. Thanks

Last edited:
LOL at the posters worried about KF not giving HJ's out at a press conference...Wadley had a great game, Daniels had a great game, OL had a great game....public HJ's for everybody. YAY and some finger jello too. Loosen up people, coaching staff has goal for Wadley to get about 190 LB's, not a big secret as to why. If he can continue to bulk up, he can get more touches and handle the punishment that comes with that. At this point, the amount of touches each back gets is effective....They both compliment each other very nicely, without Daniels you wouldn't see Wadley as effective. You see a 230+ LB bulldozer for about 2-3 carries and then come the below 190 LB jump cut master come in....very effective 1-2 punch

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Ferentz never compliments Wadley. He makes snarkey comments about players he does not care for IMO.

After 7 games for both Daniels and Wadley:

Daniels has 595 total yards rushing and 6 TDs.
Wadley has 586 total yards rushing and 8 TDs.

Wadley also has several TD's as a receiver.
Not true, Wadley only has one career receiving TD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT