ADVERTISEMENT

Wall Street Journal savages 'Bidenomics' for costs of Thanksgiving dinner

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Many Americans won't be able to afford the traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner thanks to Joe Biden and his destruction of the economy.

The Wall Street Journal editorial board torched the Biden administration and the media for telling Americans they should be thankful for "Bidenomics" when the inflation numbers tell a different story.

"The latest White House lecture is that inflation has fallen from 9.1% in June 2022 to 3.2% last month," the editorial board wrote in an article headlined, "President Biden’s Thanksgiving Dinner."

The board continued: "But disinflation—inflation rising at a slower rate—isn’t the same as deflation, which is falling prices. Thanksgiving dinner prices are rising less fast than they did in the last two years, but they’re still rising."

Many of those cost increases are affecting basic food items on the Thanksgiving table.

"The price index for poultry items that includes turkey is up nearly 30% compared to November 2020," the board wrote. "Turkeys may not be able to soar but their prices can." Prices for potatoes are up "more than 12% since Thanksgiving 2020" and rolls are up more than "27% from three years ago, while the butter to spread on them has risen 25%." Regular unleaded gasoline is about "70% more expensive than it was three years ago."

As many Americans now go hungry the Biden Crime Family will stuff their faces today.

Quite a bit of cherry picking in that op-ed. The year comparison is different depending on what they're talking about.

Year-over-year and apples-to-apples, the price of a Thanksgiving dinner, gas and airfares are all down from last year. Rental cars, too.

Hotels are more expensive though, so there's that.

Please report back on how the meal went today at the shelter, did you get a blanket or cardboard box to sleep in tonight?

I'm doing just fine, because I'm not poor. I do feel bad for the lower class though, as inflation has gotta be hitting them pretty hard.

Carry on with your faux outrage, snowflake.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
OP is an epic dumbass.

I don’t eat turkey. But my sister bought hers to .68 cents a pound.

So, WTF is this shit about unaffordable dinner?

Reactions: nelly02
Kid at King Soopers had the butterball coupon at the register. We paid 97¢ a pound.
I saw a video on this today...apparently the type of turkey he bought was actually like 114 dollars or something. Even worse for Biden right? Except for that in 2019 this type of turkey cost 150 some bucks. Thanks Biden.

Reactions: mnole03
I bought my turkey at Kroger for 49 cents per pound, just like every year. My wife briefly tried to talk me into buying an organic turkey for $59. I wasn’t having it.

Cheapest turkey we found was frozen and over $8 a kilo compared to same day caught tuna, shrimp, salmon, crab, ect for $2 a kilo. Not getting a turkey and glad I don’t live in USA currently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT