Was Kamala a DEI pick?

• Yes

Votes: 47 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
I didn’t say “only” Riley. But it was the litmus test to get to the qualification part.
The final 4 were all women of color Riley. It pretty obvious.

You can pretend otherwise but I think you know it’s true. Just can’t admit it.
It was an eventual criteria. There are pros and cons to any choice. The fact that they wanted the perspective of a woman and a PoC is as valid as any other criteria at that point.

If she is qualified why does it matter to you what the reasons are for the final choice?

It was an eventual criteria. There are pros and cons to any choice. The fact that they wanted the perspective of a woman and a PoC is as valid as any other criteria at that point.

If she is qualified why does it matter to you what the reasons are for the final choice?
I said she was qualified in my first response to you.

It’s his pick…he can pick who wants. Just don’t pretend that being a woman of color wasn’t the litmus test.

I basically have 3 issues with what you're saying. The first is, no quantifiable definition of "best" exist for VP, you're operating under the assumption that pledge to select a female POC was the first filter ignoring any vetting processes that were already underway within the campaign and your basic assumption that by not including white males in the pool automatically has eliminated the "best" person for this entirely unique elected position.(whatever the hell that means to you)
Sigh.

1) I'm saying that race and gender, unless you're doing it for vote getting itself, don't make any sense as a positive predictor of performance. To filter on those could only serve to unnecessarily narrow your set of good candidates. Just like height or hair style or being male or roller skating. Yes, there are diverse criteria for what might be "best" -- but race and gender aren't included in that set.

2) Of course it's always possible that it just so happened that the people that roller skate are also the best candidates. But if you're screeching about the need to pick roller skating people, or siblings of the president (nepotism) or only white people you're going to come under scrutiny for filtering on attributes that don't matter. And rightfully so.

3) If your given selection sort of sucks -- or appeared to suck as Harris did in the primaries -- and you've got a selection criteria on an attribute irrelevant to the job that favored them.... people are going to wonder. And they might even just be a bit critical of your decision making.

4) Biden and the democrats came under fire for explicitly stating that they would pick a woman (and then a woman of color I think, the final 4) coupled with the fact that Harris didn't seem to be a strong candidate. If Harris was a strong candidate, and or they had said we're doing this to turn out the black vote, I don't think you get any of this clapback. But that's not what happened.

Capeesh?

Last edited:
I said she was qualified in my first response to you.

It’s his pick…he can pick who wants. Just don’t pretend that being a woman of color wasn’t the litmus test.
It was a qualification, not THE qualification. That's where you and the others get off track.

The question remains, if she is qualified in your eyes why does it make a difference?

It was a qualification, not THE qualification. That's where you and the others get off track.

The question remains, if she is qualified in your eyes why does it make a difference?

The obvious point is that that race and gender qualification knocks out a bunch of other candidates and people are left wondering how good the candidate chosen is.

I mean, nepotism is frowned upon for the same reason.

But maybe your brother really is the best for the job...

And this is all easy to question in regards to Kamala because we watched her perform very poorly on the national stage during the primaries.

That coupled all the clamoring for a woman of color on the left obviously led you to believe she may be there because of those attributes

Sigh.

1) I'm saying that race and gender, unless you're doing it for vote getting itself, don't make any sense as a positive predictor of performance. To filter on those could only serve to unnecessarily narrow your set of good candidates. Just like height or hair style or being male or roller skating. Yes, there are diverse criteria for what might be "best" -- but race and gender aren't included in that set.

2) Of course it's always possible that it just so happened that the people that roller skate are also the best candidates. But if you're screeching about the need to pick roller skating people, or siblings of the president (nepotism) or only white people you're going to come under scrutiny for filtering on attributes that don't matter. And rightfully so.

3) If your given selection sort of sucks -- or appeared to suck as Harris did in the primaries -- and you've got a selection criteria on an attribute irrelevant to the job that favored them.... people are going to wonder. And they might even just be a bit critical of your decision making.

4) Biden and the democrats came under fire for explicitly stating that they would pick a woman (and then a woman of color I think, the final 4) coupled with the fact that Harris didn't seem to be a strong candidate. If Harris was a strong candidate, and or they had said we're doing this to turn out the black vote, I don't think you get any of this clapback. But that's not what happened.

Capeesh?

1) You've acknowledged that selecting a running mate is about demographic capture, yet continue to assert it being a barrier to an undefined best candidate.

2) If anyone is screeching they can probably be ID'd by the number of characters used to defend their perspective.

3) I get it, you don't like or think Kamala Harris is qualified. That is not surprising or novel. It's also doesn't really matter. She was already selected and the ticket won by millions of votes. I.E. the people have used their democratic voice to approve of the selection.

4) Call the press, people running in opposition to the Dems called into question the abilities of the DNC. Gee wiz, have we ever seen anything like it?

If you absolutely look at this from a data driven perspective. Her addition to a major ticket and it's victory calls into question any sort of universal qualification of "best" you would ever be able to quantify. More to the point, by virtue of being a woman of color and currently holding the office, she proves that past indicators of a successful VP candidate are no longer valid.

Last edited:
The obvious point is that that race and gender qualification knocks out a bunch of other candidates and people are left wondering how good the candidate chosen is.

I mean, nepotism is frowned upon for the same reason.

But maybe your brother really is the best for the job...
The republicans are the only ones bothered by it. And it's obvious why.

And this is all easy to question in regards to Kamala because we watched her perform very poorly on the national stage during the primaries.

That coupled all the clamoring for a woman of color on the left obviously led you to believe she may be there because of those attributes
She did well enough to be picked as the VP running mate.

She's not black.
She’s half black but no part African American. Her father, who basically shunned her, is Jamaican and descended from the owner of a slave market.
No one is responsible for the sins of their ancestors, but likewise no one gets to benefit from their suffering either.

The republicans are the only ones bothered by it. And it's obvious why.
It's obviously because A) they don't believe in affirmative action logic B) they don't think Kalama is a strong pick.

And so... the only way a weak pick got through was because of democrats affirmative action logic. The better candidates were eliminated.

And so the clip of Joy Reed above.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT