ADVERTISEMENT

Watched my first women’s game today

HawkOptimist

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
What’s with certain women and the long, fake eyelashes?

What’s with certain women and the long, fake nails?

Down by 1, why did Iowa go for the winning shot with 11 seconds and a full shot clock left in regulation instead of waiting for more time to run off?

Caitlyn Clark is fun to watch and worth the hype, but she can’t do it all. When she’s gone, Iowa’s women’s basketball team will go back to its regularly scheduled programming.

Where are all the dunks? (I kid, I kid.)

Down by 1, why did Iowa go for the winning shot with 11 seconds and a full shot clock left in regulation instead of waiting for more time to run off?

Caitlyn Clark is fun to watch and worth the hype, but she can’t do it all. When she’s gone, Iowa’s women’s basketball team will go back to its regularly scheduled programming.

They went for it quickly down 1 because if you miss you can foul and still have a shot after you foul them. If you waste time you are putting it all on the shot

What if. If Caitlin would have made that last layup instead of missing and Stuelke rebounded and got fouled and made 1 instead of 2, Iowa might have won. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Anyway a great game.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

01-story-gaga-met-gala-bty-trends.gif

The loss is 100% on you. Stop watching!

They went for it quickly down 1 because if you miss you can foul and still have a shot after you foul them. If you waste time you are putting it all on the shot
Oh OK. Makes absolutely no sense. You're in control with a chance to win at the buzzer. Your thought is take the shot and then put the other team in control of your fate. Sounds more like a bad decision by a player.

Oh OK. Makes absolutely no sense. You're in control with a chance to win at the buzzer. Your thought is take the shot and then put the other team in control of your fate. Sounds more like a bad decision by a player.
Exactly what I was thinking. If Iowa scores with 10 seconds left, which would’ve been the case, you give OSU more than enough time to set up a game winning shot.

Disagree. You are just giving yourself more opportunities to win. If you take it down and miss the shot that's it game over. It's fairly normal for most teams to do this if you watch a lot of basketball so I'm far from the only one who thinks this way.

You're not in control when losing by 1. If the game were tied, then ya you want to hold for the final buzzer, but when you're losing you have to give yourself time for second chance.

Reactions: nelly02 and mphawk
It's not like he's an island on this one.

I haven't watched more than maybe 3 minutes total.

To each his own.
He kind of is honestly. Have you seen the numbers for Iowa women all games nationally? Or the fact that Ohio St which never opens up the 3rd level for a women’s game had 18K at that game? CC is a rock star every single game.

Reactions: cmhawks99
He kind of is honestly. Have you seen the numbers for Iowa women all games nationally? Or the fact that Ohio St which never opens up the 3rd level for a women’s game had 18K at that game? CC is a rock star every single game.
Im with him.

Watched or listened to parts of two games this year.

1) second half of Kansas St #1
2) end of 4th qtr and OT yesterday

Both losses.

Not my fault.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT