ADVERTISEMENT

Watched this week’s excellent Frontline, “Putin vs The Press”

Menace Sockeyes

HR Legend
Sep 2, 2010
It should be required viewing, and I’ve posted from YouTube. Eff every MAGAt that defends the Russian regime by spreading anti-Ukraine propaganda. This documentary shows how Russia goes full on North Korea over the last year. This is America if MAGAts are allowed anywhere near our Democracy:

I'm not going to listen to 52 minutes of Russian. And this coming from a guy who watches foreign language war films.

The Russians are bad. That much is clear.

But I think it's always appropriate to question our government's involvement in foreign military entanglements. This situation is no different.

This has become highly politicized. The same party that has historically engaged in the anti-war and peace protests has suddenly become war hawks. A Democrat administration has made the decision and their supporters are backing it without question.

Anyone who questions the involvement, even to the slightest degree, is labeled "pro-Russian", "pro-Putin", "pro-facist" and so on. McCarthyism...

I believe Europe should be taking the lead on this yet here we are.

I'm not going to listen to 52 minutes of Russian. And this coming from a guy who watches foreign language war films.

But I think it's always appropriate to question our government's involvement in foreign military entanglements. This situation is no different.

This has become highly politicized. The same party that has historically engaged in the anti-war and peace protests has suddenly become war hawks. A Democrat administration has made the decision and their supporters are backing it without question.

Anyone who questions the involvement, even to the slightest degree, is labeled "pro-Russian", "pro-Putin", "pro-facist" and so on. McCarthyism...

I don’t have any problem with someone being anti-war, nor do most on the left, so you can get over that victim complex. Furthermore, it’s not being a “war hawk” to supply a nation with the tools to defend itself WHEN IT WAS INVADED. I’m not sure how this doesn’t penetrate the thick skulls of completely propaganda brainwashed American right wingers. And that’s the issue here. The lemmings on the American Right are slurping up and regurgitating the exact same nonsense Putin and his peeps spew in this film, from the shameless anti-Ukraine Nazi BS to the constant attacks on press that won’t lie about fascism. You and your people would turn us into a dictatorship in no time if given free reign.

I don’t have any problem with someone being anti-war, nor do most on the left, so you can get over that victim complex. Furthermore, it’s not being a “war hawk” to supply a nation with the tools to defend itself WHEN IT WAS INVADED. I’m not sure how this doesn’t penetrate the thick skulls of completely propaganda brainwashed American right wingers. And that’s the issue here. The lemmings on the American Right are slurping up and regurgitating the exact same nonsense Putin and his peeps spew in this film, from the shameless anti-Ukraine Nazi BS to the constant attacks on press that won’t lie about fascism. You and your people would turn us into a dictatorship in no time if given free reign.

Spoken like a true follower.

I watched the whole thing: Give it a 3/10

1) Nice propaganda piece with the haunting cello notes being played throughout and narration done in typical somber baritone.

2) European and Russian architecture is so damned beautiful.

3) No theories as to why the murderous Putin didn't just have the journalist hero killed instead of dousing him with red paint?

4) Totally laughable as to why Russian thugs would send Russian journalists death threats written in.....English. A little embellishment for the American target audience, perhaps?

5) Did a nice job showing Muratov's love and respect for Gorbachev, but said absolutely nothing about how Gorbachev sacrificed everything to bring peace to the region and restore sovereignty to the Soviet states, nor how he was betrayed by the US, NATO and Europe.

6) Said nothing about Zelenskyy's treatment of the press which seems, dare I say, Putin like?

“I’ve covered four wars, and I’ve never seen such a chasm between the drama and intensity and historic import of the reality of the conflict on the one hand, and the superficiality and meagerness of its documentation by the press on the other,” Luke Mogelson, a contributing writer for the New Yorker, told The Intercept. “It’s wild how little of what’s happening is being chronicled. And the main reason, though not the only one, is that the Ukrainian government has made it virtually impossible for journalists to do real front line reportage.

Mogelson added that the restrictions come from military and political brass and run counter to rank-and-file soldiers’ desire to share their experiences. “The guys who are actually out doing the killing and dying and enduring the misery of the front are almost always thrilled to have journalists witness what they’re going through,” he added. “It’s not just politically or ethically problematic for Ukraine to prevent journalists from seeing the war. It’s also quite cruel to the Ukrainian men who are being forced to conduct it in total silence and obscurity.”

That is the narrative much of the Ukrainian public is getting. Following Russia’s invasion, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy ordered a 24-hour, unified “news telethon” in which some of the country’s major broadcasters — two that are public and the rest owned by oligarchs — provide war coverage in alternating, six-hour blocks. Late last year, Zelenskyy also signed legislation giving the government vast powers over the media; the European Federation of Journalists had called an early draft of the bill “worthy of the worst authoritarian regimes.”

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
They also don't seem to get that if we just let Putin go he will continue doing this elsewhere and also possibly where we may be treaty bound to interject militarily. It has been a huge bargain so far to give Ukraine the help we have to keep Russia at bay and weaken them. It is sickening to see a political party in this country be sycophants for Russia and Putin and not realize this simple fact because their dear leader also sucks Putins cock.

Dems aren't being Warhawks here. Given the choice they would love to have peace over there. The difference is they use their F'ing brains and realize intervention is a necessary evil because if they just let Putin go it will be worse down the road. Do you have information that we aren't trying to get Europe to be more invested? Do you know for a fact maybe we are taking the lead now and maybe down the road they are going to take on more of the burden? Right now it is a no brainer for us to provide aid...unfortunately you and your side don't use your brain

They also don't seem to get that if we just let Putin go he will continue doing this elsewhere and also possibly where we may be treaty bound to interject militarily. It has been a huge bargain so far to give Ukraine the help we have to keep Russia at bay and weaken them. It is sickening to see a political party in this country be sycophants for Russia and Putin and not realize this simple fact because their dear leader also sucks Putins cock.

"huge bargain" huh?

I'll give you one thing, the leftwingers talking points are in lockstep. You're all parroting the same stuff.

Dems aren't being Warhawks here. Given the choice they would love to have peace over there. The difference is they use their F'ing brains and realize intervention is a necessary evil because if they just let Putin go it will be worse down the road. Do you have information that we aren't trying to get Europe to be more invested? Do you know for a fact maybe we are taking the lead now and maybe down the road they are going to take on more of the burden? Right now it is a no brainer for us to provide aid...unfortunately you and your side don't use your brain
Yeah, I'd say Poland is doing a helluva a lot of the heavy lifting over there...because they get it. They know.

"huge bargain" huh?

I'll give you one thing, the leftwingers talking points are in lockstep. You're all parroting the same stuff.
Because it's the truth and Dems are good at recognizing the truth? And yes I'm confident in saying it's been a huge bargain. If we did nothing Putin would be picking out his next target to invade and we would just be sitting there watching them get stronger and stronger. Helping Ukraine without having to invest manpower or even more resources than we have is in fact a bargain. And if you are ok with Russia just invading sovereign countries as they please then you are a POS

Because it's the truth and Dems are good at recognizing the truth? And yes I'm confident in saying it's been a huge bargain. If we did nothing Putin would be picking out his next target to invade and we would just be sitting there watching them get stronger and stronger. Helping Ukraine without having to invest manpower or even more resources than we have is in fact a bargain. And if you are ok with Russia just invading sovereign countries as they please then you are a POS

When are you going to volunteer?

When are you going to volunteer?
Volunteer for what? I vote for and support democrats who are doing what is necessary to the best of their ability to help Ukraine. I'm a skinny middle age dude with no military training I would just get in the way my role (like yours should be if you weren't a POS) is supporting those that are in a position to give them the help they need and deserve.

Volunteer for what? I vote for and support democrats who are doing what is necessary to the best of their ability to help Ukraine. I'm a skinny middle age dude with no military training I would just get in the way my role (like yours should be if you weren't a POS) is supporting those that are in a position to give them the help they need and deserve.

I would think that someone so committed would volunteer to fight and provide financial help from your own funds. Have you done the latter?

He's completely lost

I would think that someone so committed would volunteer to fight and provide financial help from your own funds. Have you done the latter?
Not that it's any of your business what I donate to but yeah I have. Some don't always have the ability to do that though but everyone can make the correct decision to support a sovereign country that has been invaded by a asshole dictator and elect officials who do what they can to help. You choose not to and that's why you suck a fat one.

• Haha
Reactions: EvolutionDenier
Not that it's any of your business what I donate to but yeah I have. Some don't always have the ability to do that though but everyone can make the correct decision to support a sovereign country that has been invaded by a asshole dictator and elect officials who do what they can to help. You choose not to and that's why you suck a fat one.

Really? What fund?

Nelly,

We have the same wish, that being that the Russians go F themselves but we differ on the role the U.S. should play. I'm tired of the world's policeman act. We are 33 trillion in debt. We are borrowing money to give it away. Europe is loving this. Force them to act.

Nelly,

We have the same wish, that being that the Russians go F themselves but we differ on the role the U.S. should play. I'm tired of the world's policeman act. We are 33 trillion in debt. We are borrowing money to give it away. Europe is loving this. Force them to act.
Maybe stop supporting Republicans then who add way more to the debt and support dems who have cut it. Maybe stop supporting assholes who added 2 trillion to our debt by giving tax cuts to the wealthy. Giving aid to to Ukrain is a good investment. Giving it to rich ****s who don't need it isn't.

Maybe stop supporting Republicans then who add way more to the debt and support dems who have cut it. Maybe stop supporting assholes who added 2 trillion to our debt by giving tax cuts to the wealthy. Giving aid to to Ukrain is a good investment. Giving it to rich ****s who don't need it isn't.

You're a loyal foot soldier.

You sound like your only source of information is MSNBC. You're very committed.
One of us stated they don't want to support Ukraine because the deficit is going up yet facts show he supports the party that has raised the deficit much more than the other party. Which one do you think is more likely to fall for propaganda... the one who votes against what he says he wants or me?

One of us stated they don't want to support Ukraine because the deficit is going up yet facts show he supports the party that has raised the deficit much more than the other party. Which one do you think is more likely to fall for propaganda... the one who votes against what he says he wants or me?

Your premise is flawed as I'm barely a Republican.

• Haha
Reactions: nelly02
Really? What fund?
What is your contribution? To anything.

How far would you be willing to let Putin go with invasions before you support US military aid?

I'm confident you will avoid these questions like you do all the others. Your schtick is very transparent.

Nelly,

So you are a supporter of tax increases?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I watched the whole thing: Give it a 3/10

1) Nice propaganda piece with the haunting cello notes being played throughout and narration done in typical somber baritone.

2) European and Russian architecture is so damned beautiful.

3) No theories as to why the murderous Putin didn't just have the journalist hero killed instead of dousing him with red paint?
No theory? You mean why wouldn’t Putin off the popular Nobel Prize winning editor whose friends with Gorbachev whose journalists keep getting “mysteriously” murdered? Gee, why could that be? 🙄

@RileyHawk

When's your fat ass heading over there?
It's fun when you think you're making a point but are only demonstrating just how stupid you are. It does get boring though, given that you do it constantly.

I knew you wouldn't answer straight forward questions. You're as predictable as you are ignorant.

It should be required viewing, and I’ve posted from YouTube. Eff every MAGAt that defends the Russian regime by spreading anti-Ukraine propaganda. This documentary shows how Russia goes full on North Korea over the last year. This is America if MAGAts are allowed anywhere near our Democracy:

You might as well piss into the wing here Menace as expect most of our resident MAGAts to see any similarity. I watched this last week on Frontline and it made me shake my head.

It's fun when you think you're making a point but are only demonstrating just how stupid you are. It does get boring though, given that you do it constantly.

I knew you wouldn't answer straight forward questions. You're as predictable as you are ignorant.

You're not a credible debater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT