ADVERTISEMENT

WBB AAU

Thank you SunzOutGunzOut for creating this post. Following Women’s basketball recruiting is my favorite hobby.
6’3” 5 Star forward Brynn McGaughy out of Colfax Wa. , does she play for the Cal Stars? Looks like the AIA will be in Coralville on May 4-5... a great chance to get out and see some excellent basketball.
Sure want to keep track of Chloe over the years.
Go Hawks!!!

Thank you SunzOutGunzOut for creating this post. Following Women’s basketball recruiting is my favorite hobby.
6’3” 5 Star forward Brynn McGaughy out of Colfax Wa. , does she play for the Cal Stars? Looks like the AIA will be in Coralville on May 4-5... a great chance to get out and see some excellent basketball.
Sure want to keep track of Chloe over the years.
Go Hawks!!!
McGaughy plays for Meta Hoops & Layla Hays for TruGame Alaska...Haven't found any posts about their schedules yet.

For anyone interested in following some of the AAU teams that have Iowa recruits, I thought I'd start a thread beginning with AIA. Speiser, Bjorn, & a few others with Iowa interest including Chloe

Interesting to me that she lives in Duluth but plays for an Iowa AAU team. The logistics of that for her family must be exhausting.

Thanks to my favorite poster...
Was there ever any interest from Crump
and Iowa? Thanks
Go Hawks

Thanks to my favorite poster...
Was there ever any interest from Crump
and Iowa? Thanks
Go Hawks
There was on the Iowa side but not much from her. I think she's leaning towards Duke but that's just a personal opinion with no inside information.

Interesting to me that she lives in Duluth but plays for an Iowa AAU team. The logistics of that for her family must be exhausting.

Honestly it happens all the time at the highest level. Logistics for high level club sports is pretty insane in general. I wasn't a good athlete growing up and I lived in a small town. But I've been exposed to basketball and soccer at high levels and some of the travel stuff is just nuts.

Knew an 8th grader who didn't start for his Middle School basketball team but was flying all over the country to play in AAU basketball tournaments. I don't think he ever started on his high school varsity basketball team. Parents had a lot of money.

• Wow
Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Honestly it happens all the time at the highest level. Logistics for high level club sports is pretty insane in general. I wasn't a good athlete growing up and I lived in a small town. But I've been exposed to basketball and soccer at high levels and some of the travel stuff is just nuts.

My youngest played club sports and his teams played in tournament all over the country. When players were selected for a national team, those players would play a tournament with teammates from regions of the country, but it was kind of a one and done thing. They didn't practice regularly together. There were also some east coast clubs that we played that would ask his coach if they could borrow him for a tournament with their club during our off season. We always said no because of schedule conflicts and costs, but it would have been the same deal. Playing a tournament but not practicing with the team regularly. I just can't wrap my mind around the logistics of being a member of a team but living 5-8 hours away. People obviously make it work, but wow that must be challenging.

Reactions: Torg and jockos
Saw where Crump is now playing on North Tartan with Maddyn Greenway. Wonder why she moved back, distance I suppose?

Reactions: Torg
I hope this doesn’t start a trend... I know that Chloe drives quite a distance. I think
AIA has someone coming up from somewhere in Missouri.
Go Hawks

For those interested, the annual Boo Williams tournament is this upcoming weekend and quite a few of the top Nike EYBL clubs will be attending. This was streamed for free on Twitch last year. Adidas clubs have a big tournament as well in Bryan, TX (not sure on any possible streaming platforms).

Minnesota is sort of a hotbed for BB recruits. It will be interesting to see if Dawn Plitzewiet - who has a reputation as a pretty good recruiter and coach - is able to keep any future top MN recruits home to play for the Gophers. Too late for Greenway (hopefully).

AIA struggling a bit with ball pressure. Crump looks very smooth offensively but they're using her as the primary ball handler & she's been a bit shaky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT