ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Recruiting 2017 and On

Monona Grove's McKenna Warnock earns Gatorade girls basketball player of the year honor for Wisconsin

Monona Grove senior McKenna Warnock was named the Gatorade girls basketball player of the year for Wisconsin for the 2018-19 season, the Gatorade Company announced Friday. The award recognizes outstanding athletic excellence, high standards of academic achievement and exemplary character demonstrated on and off the field. Warnock, a devoted member of her church youth group, has volunteered locally on behalf of a homeless shelter and youth sports camps, according to the release. Warnock has maintained a 4.0 GPA in the classroom.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/high...cle_08f58461-e764-54b5-a1c9-10cd42640c85.html

Last edited:
Reactions: HIWILLE
Monona Grove's McKenna Warnock earns Gatorade girls basketball player of the year honor for Wisconsin

Monona Grove senior McKenna Warnock was named the Gatorade girls basketball player of the year for Wisconsin for the 2018-19 season, the Gatorade Company announced Friday. The award recognizes outstanding athletic excellence, high standards of academic achievement and exemplary character demonstrated on and off the field. Warnock, a devoted member of her church youth group, has volunteered locally on behalf of a homeless shelter and youth sports camps, according to the release. Warnock has maintained a 4.0 GPA in the classroom.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/high...cle_08f58461-e764-54b5-a1c9-10cd42640c85.html

Thanks for the articles, and 4.0 GPA along with high standards of achievement and character, is exactly they type of player Lisa goes after. I am looking forward to watching her play and grow.

Get To Know : McKenna Warnock
October 18, 2017 (an interview) by Shane Laflin

[edited]

McKenna Warnock is a versatile, all-around basketball player. She is positionless in the sense that she can be effective from both the perimeter on the wing and in a post up or high post situation. That being said, she is a natural wing/small forward at the next level that will be able to score the ball in a variety of ways – she just has a knack for putting the ball in the hole; you must be there on the close out, and she can drive the ball well out of the shot fake. Opponents cannot foul her – very valuable at the next level – she is almost automatic from the FT line. She fills up the stat sheet, not only in points, but on the glass as well.

McKenna Warnock is a well-rounded student-athlete with very valuable intangibles. This is what her coaches had to say about her...

Wisconsin Flight Elite Coach Nic Levy:
McKenna is first and foremost so coachable; she wants to learn and expand her game to get to her highest level. She has played up her whole life and is extremely competitive and motivated. She has a mature approach to playing, to improving, and to her recruitment. She is fully invested in everything that we do and she is a leader - One who leads by example in practices and in games.

Monona Grove Coach Tyler Kuehl:

“Academically, McKenna is probably more skilled than she is as a basketball player...”

[her academic goal] includes going to medical school and eventually becoming a surgeon.

“Basketball wise, she is obviously a special player as well. [...] She led our team in every statistical category [...] she was the single focus of every defense we played [...] Her ability to score in a variety of ways is probably her greatest attribute. She can take you inside either off the dribble or through a post-up, she can pull up and knock down contested mid-range shots, and she can shoot with great range. Defensively her length and quickness gives her the ability to guard all five positions. The one attribute we see everyday that most people won't get to see is her basketball IQ. Because she has played so much basketball, she understands the game at a very high level.”

The Next Level
This paints a picture of the consummate teammate and leader. [...] McKenna is focused and has a vision for what she wants to accomplish on and off the basketball court. She understands the demands and the sacrifices it takes to excel in both areas. And not only does she know it now, she’s known it since she was about seven years old. She’s taken her passion and her interests and found the path that she wants to take. McKenna is using her mature approach and some innate leadership quality to challenge and improve those around her and in her community. Whether through setting the tone in practice or in a science lab setting to working youth sports camps to visiting with young fans after a game, she is making positive impressions and leaving her mark.

https://premierbasketballreport.com/news/get-to-know

Last edited:
Reactions: redmarlie
That really sucks to here that...but I'm all for giving her a shot if she likes Iowa. :D

Wait a minute. ..... I just read where she is the 4th best recruit. Seriously can't give up on her. Do we?

Last edited:
Don't confuse non poster with non posters. Non poster is much more connected and credible in my mind. I have not seen anything that supports the post.

Caitlin is more of a point guard and Sydney Parrish is a 2G/3G in Oregon's system so why would Oregon be off the table? Makes no sense. Oregon is in the market for other elite guards per 247. Put Non-Posters on mute, had to take him off to what trash rumors he's spreading this time.

You once said Iowa doesn't offer players from the state of Iowa until they offer everyone else in the country. Iowa's next few classes now have 4 recruits from Iowa (Meyer, Wetering, Goodman, and Stuelke), and each of those commitments was secured before the player's junior season, if not earlier.

As for your other comments, most aren't provable unless one were to contact the player/families involved and ask them. Just because something is difficult to prove false doesn't mean it's true. Any one of us here could make up rumors that would be difficult to prove false.

There are some players from Iowa that 'offer the rest of the country' may apply to but it didn't have anything to do with the players.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Don't confuse non poster with non posters. Non poster is much more connected and credible in my mind. I have not seen anything that supports the post.
Non-poster [with a hyphen and] with no ‘s’ equals sensible, rational, knowledgeable, astute etc...
Non posters [with NO hyphen and also] with an ‘s’, (AKA by me as nonsense posters), equals senseless, irrational, misinformed, delusional etc.
While he (or she) MAY occasionally speak the truth, repeating what he (or she) heard second hand (in other words perpetuating rumors), does not mean that the rumors true. It is my opinion that nonsense posters is “blinded” by his (or her) own biased and narrow viewpoint. However, if one ‘reads between the lines of his (or her) comments, there is possibly considerable insight that can be gleaned. For example, I think there may be some credence to the assertion that nonsense posters is Mr Joens and to the suggestion that Caitlin Clark will choose Iowa. If it is true that Iowa State is out of consideration for Caitlin, it could be that it is because she doesn’t want to play with the Joens sisters. They did play together in AAU, so Mr Joens would know if his daughters had any conflict her. Yet there seems to be no such conflict (in direct contradiction to what nonsense claims) with Megan M and Shateah W (two future Hawkeyes who also have played together with Caitlin, and Caitlin also was quoted saying that she had played with Megan but made no similar mention for the Joenses). Also, who would nonsense posters supposed sources be for his unsubstantiated accusations regarding something Caitlin supposedly said or did. Did he (or she) witness firsthand or possibly second hand from the Joens sisters. Either way, given nonsense posters personal grudge and bias against the Iowa women’s basketball program, these accusations should be viewed with a great deal of skepticism.

In addition to his (or her) obvious distain for the staff (particularly Lisa), nonsense posters also has made known his (or her) contempt for Ally Disterhoft. I cannot imagine very many people personally disliking her.

In summary, I really think nonsense posters’s real identity doesn’t matter. The only thing is to understand that he (or she) has a personal grudge and is not to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGHAWK
You once said Iowa doesn't offer players from the state of Iowa until they offer everyone else in the country. Iowa's next few classes now have 4 recruits from Iowa (Meyer, Wetering, Goodman, and Stuelke), and each of those commitments was secured before the player's junior season, if not earlier.

As for your other comments, most aren't provable unless one were to contact the player/families involved and ask them. Just because something is difficult to prove false doesn't mean it's true. Any one of us here could make up rumors that would be difficult to prove false.
I do remember that. Clearly Iowa does NOT [literally] offer “everyone else in the country” That is a HUGE exaggeration. There are literally hundreds of recruits every year throughout the country. Iowa literally has only [an estimated approximately relative few] dozen to two dozen scholarships offered at any given time and that includes all classes. To make this particular assertion is complete hyperbole, totally absurd, obviously false and literally a lie. Then, on top of all that, nonsense posters claims to always tell the truth, which is also [ironically] not true. In my opinion, he (or she) may actually believe what he (or she) is saying, which would essentially make him (or her) delusional.

Last edited:
Reactions: LarryStation
I do remember that. Clearly Iowa does NOT [literally] offer “everyone else in the country” That is a HUGE exaggeration. There are literally hundreds of recruits every year throughout the country. Iowa literally has only [an estimated approximately relative few] dozen to two dozen scholarships offered at any given time and that includes all classes. So this particular assertion is hyperbole, totally absurd, obviously false and literally a lie. Not only that, but then nonsense posters claims to always tell the truth, which is also not true. In my opinion, he (or she) may actually believe what he (or she) is saying, which would essentially make him (or her) delusional.

I normally wouldn't respond to his/her posts, but that one rubbed me the wrong way. It's one thing to bash college coaches, or even college players, but Caitlin Clark is still a junior in high school. Making things up to bash a high schooler is completely unnecessary even on a forum she probably won't ever read.

As for Clark's recruiting, I hope the more credible rumors are true that Iowa is one of her top options. Iowa (aside from wrestling) just doesn't land recruits like her in basically any sport. It'd be awesome to see what she could do for the program.

Reactions: JAMAM and cyberhawk
I have seen a lot of posts regarding Caitlin Clark and her basketball skills. It is also worth noting Caitlin has an incredible relationship with her high school coach and has developed leadership skills that lift her teammates confidence. This was evident in the performance of her teammates in the sub-state final against Cedar Falls and again against Waukee in the state quarterfinals.

Caitlin is kind to others and demonstrates respect to others. She definitely needs to improve her body language toward officials, but not once has she made a derogatory remark towards any of them. She generously gives back to the youth program with her time and knowledge.

Any team and coaching staff who are fortunate enough to bring her into their programs will be receiving a great person.

For any haters out there, I am not related to Caitlin in any way, nor am I a part of the Dowling Catholic Basketball program. I am just a fan who has had the pleasure of watching her develop at Dowling as both a player and a person for the last three years and am very much looking forward to following her journey.

If you ever have the opportunity to watch her play, then take your sons and daughters with you. It will be worth it.

COACH’S VIEW >> ” AJ was an instant contributor for us this year. She is an inside/outside threat who shot 34 percent from 3-point land and 55-percent from two-point land. AJ is a great talent who has a high basketball IQ for a freshman.” — Dan VanHekken
Quoting this post from last year to highlight the “COACH’S VIEW” by Dan VanHekken

The staff was out recruiting at Nike Chicago this week. I saw 3 assistants and I also heard Lisa was there too. Jensen was watching Goodman playing for her Martin Brothers team a couple of times.

Caitlin Clack seems to get a lot of attention here. Other than being an instate player, is there any particular reason for the attention she is getting?

All of the stuff on here is rumors. I only state facts, and sometimes it is hard to hear. Most of the girls you write about have no intention of ever playing for Iowa. Its good to dream. But over the last 2 years Iowa has gotten a kid from Spain, who called the Iowa coaches herself. Kathleen Doyle, who had already commited to Nebraska a backed out. Jan Jensen's girlfriend sister's daughter, and someone who has been a lifelong Iowa fan and would go there even if the devil was coaching.
My gawd. This entire thread is a goldmine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT