ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting

Thanks for the correction on the reference. I knew Jinaya was a scorer and assumed it was her.

I checked out the numbers on Houston and Carr.....

Jinaya Houston, 22.8 ppg , 52% FG, 37% 3pt (16 attempts), 82% FT
Chrislyn Carr, 22.2 ppg, 39% FG, 37% 3pt (81 attempts), 78% FT

Davenport North sophomore Jacionna Stowers had a school record 54 points yesterday in a loss to CR Washington 88-87 in OT. Jinaya Houston was out most of the game with an injury.

Megan Gustafson had 43 points (18/27 7/11), 22 rebounds and 8 blocks. She now has 535 points for the season and 2637 career points. Megan is now 244 short of the wisconsin state career scoring record and 419 points from the season record.

Wissports game stats

Originally posted by Willin:
You're right, IAWBB. Why confuse a discussion of an issue with the facts. What was I thinking!!

And, yes, I should just wish Ollinger well. What's the big deal. When life doesn't go exactly as we want it, we all should simply be able to make up a story to tell people and then do whatever we want, regardless of the commitments we've made. I think I'll teach this approach to life to my children; I'm sure that will serve them well in their relationships.
When life isn't going the way you want it, do something about. Maybe that's what her parents did. Lesson learned

Originally posted by Willin:
You're right, IAWBB. Why confuse a discussion of an issue with the facts. What was I thinking!!

And, yes, I should just wish Ollinger well. What's the big deal. When life doesn't go exactly as we want it, we all should simply be able to make up a story to tell people and then do whatever we want, regardless of the commitments we've made. I think I'll teach this approach to life to my children; I'm sure that will serve them well in their relationships.
So have you decided what to do after you graduate from Jefferson?

From Port Wing to Madison: Jolene Anderson shines for Wisconsin

[The] list [...] of all-time leaders in the UW-Madison women's basketball program [include]: Scoring: Anderson. Rebounding: Anderson. Assists: Anderson. Steals: Anderson... Anderson... [was] the Badgers' leading scorer since her freshman year. [...] she won her fourth-straight gold medal at the World Basketball Championships and was named a 2007 Kodak/WBCA District IV All-American. Anderson said she transitioned easily from a graduating class of 32 [at South Shore HS] ...

Where are they now: Jolene Anderson

Jolene Anderson was the most decorated athlete in Wisconsin womens basketball history. Her list of accomplishments is endless but she left Madison as the all-time scoring leader in either mens or womens basketball and was the Big Ten Player of the Year as a senior. Anderson was drafted No. 23 overall by the Connecticut Sun in 2008...

Jolene Anderson holds the all-time career scoring record at South Shore HS and the state of Wisconsin. Megan Gustafson is on pace to shatter both of those records. That is because Megan is also from tiny Port Wing and plays for South Shore HS. The point is not that Megan will be an all-american candidate like Jolene, but that Jolene is proof that players from small schools can be.

Jolene Anderson holds the all-time career scoring record at South Shore HS and the state of Wisconsin. Megan Gustafson is on pace to shatter both of those records. That is because Megan is also from tiny Port Wing and plays for South Shore HS. The point is not that Megan will be an all-american candidate like Jolene, but that Jolene is proof that players from small schools can be.

There's no doubt players from small schools can be successful. The skepticism probably comes from the fact that Jolene was around 5'8" and Megan is 6'4". Dominance by someone that tall at smaller schools is very understandable. Myself, I can't wait for her to get here. We definitely need the rebounding and will need to replace a bit of scoring too.

The Goodrich Martians won their 10th in a row. Tania had 12 points, 5 assists, and 5 steals. Lexi Sevillian had 16 points and 7 rebounds.

Tania and Lexi

Makenzie Meyer had 19 points as Mason City beat Ames to tie for the top of their CIML Division.

Originally posted by oakhawk:
Makenzie Meyer had 19 points as Mason City beat Ames to tie for the top of their CIML Division.
Is Makenzie Meyer the alll-time hands down Rip Van Winkle of college basketball?

Originally posted by Tiggerhawk:
Originally posted by oakhawk:
Is Makenzie Meyer the alll-time hands down Rip Van Winkle of college basketball?
I agree that she may be one of the most underrated players in the class of 2016. But for 2015, it is Hannah Stewart that is in my opinion, the 'sleeper'. I believe that Hannah could challenge Kali and Carly for PT next year. (That is if Lisa does't use her to play center.)

Originally posted by cyberhawk:

I agree that she may be one of the most underrated players in the class of 2016. But for 2015, it is Hannah Stewart that is in my opinion, the 'sleeper'. I believe that Hannah could challenge Kali and Carly for PT next year. (That is if Lisa does't use her to play center.)
Hanna Stewart is on the top 100 list so she is duly noticed. There was even an article about her on ESPN sometime ago, I believe linked here in an earlier post. And come on people! There have been few recent progress reports here about Iowa's 2016 recruits except Sevillian when Tanya Davis was reported. Where's Bre Cera? Has Ollinger stopped playing? Work harder, Cyber and Oak!
wink.r191677.gif

How good was Tagyn Larson before the injury? She is not ranked among top 100. I remember she's the first commit in the '15 class. Coaches must saw something in her to bring her in this early.

Larson has a very good all around game. She can score in the paint and hit the 3. Good rebounder but that is a result of smarts and hustle more than brute strength. Her forte is shot blocking - some players have a knack for that...... the timing, quickness, leaping ability - she has it. IMO she will need to get stronger to play significant minutes at Iowa but the speed of the college game will not be a major adjustment for her. Larson was a phenomenal volleyball player for Roosevelt. I do not follow that sport very closely but she always had many more "kills" that any player from the opposing team. She could have easily played major college volleyball had she decided to go that route. Her older brother Cody was a former Iowa basketball recruit who now plays for South Dakota State.

This post was edited on 2/10 6:50 PM by nu2u

Bre Cera had 27 tonight , including 8-8 from the FT. She is averaging 16.4 ppg on the season. Her Mukwonago team is 15-4.

That's great! It did but with about 120 comments missing. Now if the administrator could combine the two threads into one, that would be even better.

Last edited:
That's great! It did but with about 120 fewer comments. Now if the administrator could combine the two threads into one, that would be even better.
Yes, if they could tack it on on the top we could have the whole thread history together.

Wednesdays. Cyber started a thread called WBB Summer 2015 that is including info from Game Time League.

I read that Iowa has agreed that Ollinger can play 4 years of basketball and a year of Volleyball on scholarship. Earlier this summer she plans on deciding by end of summer, hope she picks Iowa.
Based on the tweets from Iowa coaches, sounds like some good news is coming very soon regarding one of their recruits.
This post was edited on 9/11 11:45 PM by jockos
So will she RS this year to play VB and play BB the last four years or play four years BB first and then play one year of VB on VB or BB scholarship?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT