ADVERTISEMENT

We all dead by volcano soon?

Wife takes off for Rejkavik in about 22 hours, I called today to make sure the life insurance didn't exclude flying onto an island with an erupting volcano.
Chicago Fire GIF by NBC

Reactions: McLovin32 and IACub
I'd be more worried about the New Madrid fault in SE Missouri and a giant earthquake causing the Mississippi to flow backwards and flood every home in the Dirty D. Of, course the giant flatheads left behind could make it all worth it...
I still vividly remember the New Madrid Earthquake prediction of 1990. I was 10, and it was an absolutely crazy few days. Don't know if the earthquake hysteria ever made it to Iowa.

I still vividly remember the New Madrid Earthquake prediction of 1990. I was 10, and it was an absolutely crazy few days. Don't know if the earthquake hysteria ever made it to Iowa.

I'm mentally preparing myself for being one of the people screaming on the news about how the US government needs to get over there to evacuate my wife that had to go to a book festival
Book festival? Please tell me more. This gotta be good.

• Haha
Reactions: IACub
Book festival? Please tell me more. This gotta be good.

Forgive me as I don't think I've ever finished a piece of fiction in my life but I think it's called arctic noir or nordic noir or something like that. I think Hillary is supposed to be there this year, all I know is that nobody's going to bitch at me for shaking the block with the full stack this weekend.

Reactions: IACub and SolarHawk
Volcanos are, like, really hot, right? And ice is, you know, really cold. Really cold. No one really knows how cold ice is but I discovered recently that it's very cold. That's where the phase "cold as ice" comes from.

Helicopters could dump ice on the volcano! No one ever thought of that before, but why not? I mean, we've got LOTS of ice. More ice than you can imagine. And, we can make more ice! We have an ice machine at Mar-a-Lago!

Dump ice on Iceland - I just thought of that! Has anyone ever thought of that before??

Donald Trump
Super Genius
Is this you?

I ordered cheese dip with my burrito at the taco truck today in case we get blowed up. Either way something is exploding tonight.
If you really want to experience the steaming caldera, try this stuff. I've been working my way through several jars. I don't recommend more than 2 or so tablespoons at a time:

Mrs-Renfro-Ghost-Pepper-Nacho-Cheese-Sauce-16-Oz_7ffac7c3-924e-45a4-b35d-448bf4743d60.d141994b66753959d27a95f9d81e7e18.jpeg

If you really want to experience the steaming caldera, try this stuff. I've been working my way through several jars. I don't recommend more than 2 or so tablespoons at a time:

Mrs-Renfro-Ghost-Pepper-Nacho-Cheese-Sauce-16-Oz_7ffac7c3-924e-45a4-b35d-448bf4743d60.d141994b66753959d27a95f9d81e7e18.jpeg
Nah I’m waiting on @goldmom steaming caldera. My fiancé will have to approve and I’ll put up photos of myself in a banana hammock if we’re all dead anyway.

Reactions: torbee
We went to Mount Ranier in Washington a couple years ago (I know, we actually stayed a few nights in Seattle and lived) and that is an active volcano. While we were there (maybe always for all I know( it was smoking and smoldering. It is a kind of strange feeling. That was when I first realized my dear no pic daughter was trying to do me in was when she told us she had a "nice moderate 2 mile hike" and it turned out to be 2 miles straight up and maybe moderate if you are under 45.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee and IACub
We went to Mount Ranier in Washington a couple years ago (I know, we actually stayed a few nights in Seattle and lived) and that is an active volcano. While we were there (maybe always for all I know( it was smoking and smoldering. It is a kind of strange feeling. That was when I first realized my dear no pic daughter was trying to do me in was when she told us she had a "nice moderate 2 mile hike" and it turned out to be 2 miles straight up and maybe moderate if you are under 45.
You drunk?

Yeah, Iceland is erupting today. At some point the resulting melting will be blamed on carbon emissions instead of volcanic activity. It's definitely climate change, but a different cause.
I’m just a regular old geologist and not a volcanologist, so I might be slightly off here, but my understanding is that volcanic eruptions and volumetric gas releases are rather steady over the last few centuries. It’s just that we observe them more frequently as our tech increases.

Kind of odd that it would be responsible for the warming we’ve seen lately huh?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT