ADVERTISEMENT

We are due!

wbrhawkeye said:

Iowa always loses important games like this, even when we are more talented. I pray to all the Gods that we can finally pull out a game when many things are on the line.

ALWAYS seems to be a bit much. Usually is more like it.
[/quote]
That’s FAIR!

But every game left is equally important, right?
Yes, each is a stepping stone. Win then you’re looking for even higher finishes and seeds. Lose and you’re trying to maintain but winning the next game.

I looked back at our win @ Indiana last year... seems like an entirely different team.

Cook put up 21.
Bohannon had 25.
Moss had 14 minutes, 2 rebounds, 2 TOs, 2 fouls, zero points/assists
Maishe Dailey played 13 minutes.
Baer did Baer stuff - 5/6/1/1/1

Garza fouled out in 13 minutes!

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
Better question, why are you always such a smart***?

I get why you would ask this, and I don’t mean to come across that way.

I just wish there was fewer cliche-based statements, and more statements based upon deeper thoughts (e.g. if all games remaining are important, then none of them are, since “important” is a relative term). And I wish for this, here and everywhere.

This game is important because if we want to win the B1G Championship, something that hasn't happened since 1979, we need a road victory or two. Like the Cubs winning the WS, this is something I would like to experience again in my lifetime.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

I just wish there was fewer cliche-based statements, and more statements based upon deeper thoughts (e.g. if all games remaining are important, then none of them are, since “important” is a relative term). And I wish for this, here and everywhere.

61eLQlbZBoL._AC_SL1050_.jpg

Reactions: RalphyWrichshaw

Lol we know..

I will never get over how ridiculous that was and will (irrationally) blame it for our collapse that year. We had a number of issues, but playing 3 games in 5 days only added fuel to the fire of that collapse.

Oh my god... the roof literally caved in on the season and I am with you on the irrationality. 3 games in 5 days at that junction of the season is hard to recover from when you already have a target on your back.

Now... 15-16 will forever be the collapse that pisses me off the most. Team got up to what? #2? in the polls late in the season. I have tickets in hand to the NCAA Tournament in DSM... then BOOM! I am sure I was unbearable to my wife because she had never seen me reacting to Iowa losing in that manner. Luckily she understood why it was magnified.

Iowa always loses important games like this, even when we are more talented. I pray to all the Gods that we can finally pull out a game when many things are on the line.
They all seem pretty important imo. Are you saying I might as well quit watching? :(

Iowa has been horrible in road games this season, and Indiana is (on paper) the most beatable team left on our road schedule. This is the exact type of game Iowa needs to show that they can win if they expect to make any postseason noise. They absolutely need road wins against middle-of-the-pack teams if they want to land a top 4 seed in the BTT. Also, the NCAA Committee will not give any benefit of the doubt to a team whose best road win is against a NET 70 team >3 months prior to the Tourney.

Happy now? You must be a hit at parties: "You're lookin' good, Mark." "What do you mean, good? Is it my bald head? My beer belly? What exactly is it that makes you say that?"

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT