ADVERTISEMENT

We Rank 115th.....

3 factors:

1. Young tackles, starting 2 freshman is tough and they are still learning. Defenses are loading the box to try and confuse them. Makes it tough to block/run when those things are happening.

2. WR- weak position and need to upgrade it. I think our WR positon has improved a little, but its still ranks probably bottom 4 in the league. Need a playmaker on the outside to loosen up defenses.

3. QB-young and raw at times. I think he will be better and I think his ability to improe will show over the next 2-3 years for the hawks.

The scheme is there, but we are young at a couple of key positions and we have no threat on the outside. Until we can loosen up defenses and keep them honest, we will continue to struggle. Teams will load the box and force Stanley to win the games with his arm. Not a good recipe when your outside WR's are not good either.

I think you will see the offense improve next year. Hopefully we find some good Wr's next year.

Insert 1 of 4 excuses:
1) lack of execution
2) injuries
3) poor recruiting
4) new coordinator

Then remember that one man is getting paid to be responsible for all of this. Wisconsin has shown that you don’t have to be in a powerhouse recruiting state to be consistently very good.

LOL...powerhouse?...we aren't far off WI, KF is 7/7 in his last 14 with his recruits on board, oh, and, fyi...they have had better recruiting classes when it comes to the # of 4 stars by a significant # over recent yrs.

Insert 1 of 4 excuses:
1) lack of execution
2) injuries
3) poor recruiting
4) new coordinator

Then remember that one man is getting paid to be responsible for all of this. Wisconsin has shown that you don’t have to be in a powerhouse recruiting state to be consistently very good.

In any game played, someone is going to lose. Trying to evaluate what the losing team can do better to have a chance to win or understanding there are many tangibles involved in a team sport being successful is called making an 'excuse'? Huh....Didn't know that. Thanks
And I have no idea who this 'one man' is that you are referring to that is 'responsible' for all these things.
'One man' is responsible for injuries? Lol.....ok, I guess...God? It's funny when people's hate magically washes away any rational thinking they may (or may not) possess.

Insert 1 of 4 excuses:
1) lack of execution
2) injuries
3) poor recruiting
4) new coordinator

LOL...powerhouse?...we aren't far off WI, KF is 7/7 in his last 14 with his recruits on board, oh, and, fyi...they have had better recruiting classes when it comes to the # of 4 stars by a significant # over recent yrs.

Record vs. Wisconsin this decade (2010s) is 1-5, while they have had 3 different head coaches. Wisconsin program has clearly passed the Iowa program.

Record vs. Wisconsin this decade (2010s) is 1-5, while they have had 3 different head coaches. Wisconsin program has clearly passed the Iowa program.
Iowa's record against Michigan since 2009, 5-1. We clearly have passed their program.

out of 129 teams in total offense in FBS football! I knew it was bad but this is beyond ridiculous.

The time for excuses is over. This is totally unacceptable. Kirk's experiment with Brian is a miserable failure. No other way to say it. Where is the accountability?

We can laugh and make fun of Nebraska but at least, they are trying to get better.
Considering year two for BF will have pretty much everybody returning I think we will be OK- We can laugh at Nebraska because they will end up home for the holidays. They are trying to get better? Looks like they will be going through their 3rd coach and 3rd AD in last 5 years. Trying to get better and actually getting better are two different things.
PS- Feel free to just jump

out of 129 teams in total offense in FBS football! I knew it was bad but this is beyond ridiculous.

The time for excuses is over. This is totally unacceptable. Kirk's experiment with Brian is a miserable failure. No other way to say it. Where is the accountability?

We can laugh and make fun of Nebraska but at least, they are trying to get better.
This is not something new , Ferentz is one of the worst offensive coaches in the nation. Period.

LOL...ranked #20 in CFP last week.....yep, fire coach.

U blow hards need to get outta mom and dads basement, and growtf up.
He wasn't even talking about where Iowa was ranked in the CFP. It was a comment about the dreadful overall offense ranking. And the facts speak for themselves on that.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
No, im smart enough to know when u have a 1st yr QB and 2 first Yr tackles, along w a Young WR core u most likely will be seeing 8+ in the box and thus struggle a bit.
But im also smart enough to know KF realizes this and isnt going to ruin their confidence for future years by making them try to do things they r not ready for, AND, i know the future is bright because we have some great young talent. Carry on blow hard....
Ok, I'm a blow hard for not wanting an offense that is bottom of the barrel in college football. Right, got it. Fans like you are the problem. You expect, and accept so little. BTW, we do not have great talent. Look at our recruit rankings. Mostly bottom half of B1G.

Last edited:
True - Wisc. has a better FB program and in my mind it's not really that close.

For the time being. Iowa was a far better program for what, 30 years. Wisconsin and Iowa are very similar programs. Cyclical as well.

The one game a year like Ohio state will keep the Kirks around as long as they want.

At least the complaining makes KF seat uncomfortable. He doesn't want to see his son's career go down toilet.

I think it is the old man syndrome. He is set in his ways. Just like Joe Paterno until he went senile and got out of the way. Joe Pa had his son on coaching staff too.

Those early 2000's PSU teams had stellar defenses and some offensive talent---scheme /predictability held them back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT