ADVERTISEMENT

We stand a good chance of finishing 0-4 and 6-6.

Meh. This team was an average team with a weak schedule. We lost to every team we should have and barely scraped by teams with around .500 records.

Weak schedule? Going into the week we had played more top 25 teams than anyone in the country.

We also played a more difficult schedule than Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, Penn State, Oregon, Utah, Wisconsin, Baylor, Minnesota, Virginia and on and on and on.

Take your medicine, sit down and shut up.

Hey listen, if you and your booster buddies are pleased that you get to drag your overweight high maintenance wives to another second rate bowl then fine. If it makes you feel good, that’s all that matters.

Yeah, being ranked in the top 20 at the end of the season after playing a fairly difficult schedule really sucks.

You were wrong, then were wrong again. Just eat your crow and own up to it like a man.

Yeah, being ranked in the top 20 at the end of the season after playing a fairly difficult schedule really sucks.

You were wrong, then were wrong again. Just eat your crow and own up to it like a man.

I wasn’t wrong. I said we had a good chance of losing those three games and finishing 6-6. That was a distinct possibility. The Hawks looked horrible for most of the Wisconsin game.

Reactions: ctghawk
I wasn’t wrong. I said we had a good chance of losing those three games and finishing 6-6. That was a distinct possibility. The Hawks looked horrible for most of the Wisconsin game.

You were wrong about how we finished the season and you were wrong about us playing a weak schedule.

It's okay to be wrong once in a while, but being really wrong and not owning up to it is a terrible look, even for you.

You were wrong about how we finished the season and you were wrong about us playing a weak schedule.

It's okay to be wrong once in a while, but being really wrong and not owning up to it is a terrible look, even for you.

Saying we had “a good chance” is not being wrong.

Saying we had a weak schedule isn’t wrong either. Everyone knows the SEC would chew up most of our so called high end teams. We played no one in the non conference as well.

I know you're used to being average and content. Just dont be mad at the rest of us for not drinking the kool aid.

Sorry but you were wrong ... we had a good chance of winning 2 of the 3 games. Furthermore, our D was put together to be able to throw out the balance of Minnesota's attack. That we won all three was nice ... but far from unexpected.

Saying we had a weak schedule isn’t wrong either. Everyone knows the SEC would chew up most of our so called high end teams. We played no one in the non conference as well.

I know you're used to being average and content. Just dont be mad at the rest of us for not drinking the kool aid.
You're pathetic

define good chance?
I guess if being a favorite equals a good chance of losing ;)

if we are 50/50 odds in all games(much better odds for 2 of them in reality) we would have a 12% chance of losing all 3. In reality, it was much lower than 12% btw

Reactions: dbrocket

Average? Drinking kool-aide? At 9-3, #17 in the country after the regular season? Get a grip, man, admit you were wrong, and enjoy life a little!

All the metrics say we didn't have a weak schedule. It's 2019, man, you can't just make stuff up and not expect to be called on it anymore.

And the SEC would chew us up, just like Mississippi State did last year, right? Lol.

Being ranked in the top 20 after playing a difficult schedule is not average. Quit being such a fvcking loser, you're embarrassing yourself more than normal.

All the metrics say we didn't have a weak schedule. It's 2019, man, you can't just make stuff up and not expect to be called on it anymore.

And the SEC would chew us up, just like Mississippi State did last year, right? Lol.

Being ranked in the top 20 after playing a difficult schedule is not average. Quit being such a fvcking loser, you're embarrassing yourself more than normal.

Wow...you’re very angry. Take a deep breath. I don’t want you to stroke out.

The Hawks lost all three games that mattered this year.

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

So wrong you are. If Iowa had gone 6-6, you would have claimed you were right. But now that your are wrong, you are claiming that "distinct possibility" doesn't mean you were predicting 3 losses. Most of us beg to differ on your thoughts.

So wrong you are. If Iowa had gone 6-6, you would have claimed you were right. But now that your are wrong, you are claiming that "distinct possibility" doesn't mean you were predicting 3 losses. Most of us beg to differ on your thoughts.
He's gotta maintain his internet persona as a pessimistic fan. His schtick on HROT is to be the contrarian, so he has to carry it over to the sports forums as well, or he wouldn't be "NorthernHawkeye".

It's very important stuff. ;)

Reactions: owenhawk
Hey listen, if you and your booster buddies are pleased that you get to drag your overweight high maintenance wives to another second rate bowl then fine. If it makes you feel good, that’s all that matters.
Rude comments like this prove 2 things ....first proves he knows he's wrong and wont admit it! And 2 proves he's not mentally capable of dealing with reality!

Im not even reading what I missed but I am guessing someone mentioned that Iowa had an easy schedule (but was top 10 according to a few sites I listed in another thread). I am guessing someone mentioned that we lost the "only games that matter" despite a top 10 win at home, beating a team that was in the top 25 (with Gameday, two rain delays, on the road at the team that hates us more than any other), two other wins against bowl teams, a team in total desperation mode on the road to be bowl eligible.

Did I win?

We lost 3 of the 12 games that mattered. Ok, so we were eliminated from West Division consideration before playing Illinois and Nebraska, so maybe we were 7-3 in games that “mattered”, but I’m pretty sure beating Illini and Huskers matters to recruiting, etc.

here-it-is-dumbass-the-golden-dumbass-award-just-because-3540300.png

I predicted 7-5 at the beginning of the year. I’m so happy I was wrong. 9-3 is great be me. You are what your record says you are... 9-3 and #17

Wow...you’re very angry. Take a deep breath. I don’t want you to stroke out.

You’ve been owned in this thread...just give it up. Facts refute your opinion.

Reactions: bojihawk44
No crow to eat. We stood a good chance of losing all 3 of those games.

And we had a good chance of winning all three we lost so what's your point? Were you expecting 12-1 this year? 9-3 with that schedule is something to be pleased with.

46 wins in the last 5 years puts us in the top 10 of power 5 teams so what's with the whining? Texas, USC, Florida, Florida State and many other big programs didn't accomplish that yet Iowa fans are going to complain. Lol. Go back to the OT board and look like a fool there where you belong.

Last edited:
Looked at the first post and all those that "liked" it. Wasn't surprised by what I found.

Meh. This team was an average team with a weak schedule. We lost to every team we should have and barely scraped by teams with around .500 records.

Iowa comes in at #16 in Sagarin ratings. SOS was #35 in the country, which is better than over half the teams ahead of us in the Top 15. You're not very smart, and that is putting it nicely.

Reactions: bojihawk44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT