ADVERTISEMENT

We the people can force Barta out

Get them all out KF, Barta, the big dummy. They should all be fired. What the hell have they ever done to survive this embarrassment. Certainly haven't won anything. Get rid of them NOW
Agree. First, rhabdomyolysis. Doyle was awarded assistant coach of the year only three months after 13 Iowa players had to be hospitalized because of exhausting and dangerous workouts. Someone could have died and it would make the current lawsuit/payoff look like chump change. Second, nepotism, which has cost Iowa many ways besides losing games that it should have won. 3rd, the current lawsuit. KF remains the Teflon Saint for many fans. He's never responsible or a contributing factor to any of the Iowa negatives.

Agree. First, rhabdomyolysis. Doyle was awarded assistant coach of the year only three months after 13 Iowa players had to be hospitalized because of exhausting and dangerous workouts. Someone could have died and it would make the current lawsuit/payoff look like chump change. Second, nepotism, which has cost Iowa many ways besides losing games that it should have won. 3rd, the current lawsuit. KF remains the Teflon Saint for many fans. He's never responsible or a contributing factor to any of the Iowa negatives.

Yes, I’m looking forward to Bob commings, and Todd Lickliter days…

These particular fans don’t deserve to win at the level we have. They’ll come around after 4-5 losing seasons..

Reactions: 1inamillion
Yes, I’m looking forward to Bob commings, and Todd Lickliter days…

These particular fans don’t deserve to win at the level we have. They’ll come around after 4-5 losing seasons..
So, you're saying, let's keep KF until he's 85 and his son until he's 57, so that we can delay as long as possible a return of the Commings and Lickliter eras.

Reactions: Hugs McGee
Did I say that ?
Well?, he has to make his exit sometime. How much longer do you think the Ferentz duo should stay? We can't just keep giving him contracts every 4 or 5 years. Ferentz is like the rest of us, a mortal human. Like a machine, we wear out. He's 67.

Yeah I’m mad as hell, I want a new AD to not like!

I’m also tired of having good MBB, WBB, Football, Baseball and wrestling teams too! Bring in a new AD!
Baseball and wrestling yes. WBB yes. Men’s BB hasn’t sniffed a sweet 16

I am not really a Barta fan per se, but I also don't consider myself a hater either, FWIW. If someone wanted to criticize him and/or hold him accountable for the AD debacle, I would be right there with you.

But I still am not seeing it as it relates to the FB lawsuit. And...I hold the University of Iowa "legal team" in very LOW regard...they are the ones that are losing the suits IMO. I don't blame Barta, or anyone else, for their incessant incompetence.

I consider Sand a bit of a grandstander, even though I do support his right to call BS on this decision. BUT...why not call out the people that actually made the determination, the legal team, v. Barta? That may well be him playing to the crowd IMO.
Agree,,,,but Sand is correct......How many CEOs would still be employed after his track record with law suits. And sand was just telling everyone why he was going to vote (against) the proposed settlement.
Again, I find it interesting this mess is a messy as it is......Again, Kim can call Barb and tell her to "make the problem" go away.....and the problem would be gone.

Agree,,,,but Sand is correct......How many CEOs would still be employed after his track record with law suits. And sand was just telling everyone why he was going to vote (against) the proposed settlement.
Again, I find it interesting this mess is a messy as it is......Again, Kim can call Barb and tell her to "make the problem" go away.....and the problem would be gone.
Why can't Barb do it herself?

Well?, he has to make his exit sometime. How much longer do you think the Ferentz duo should stay? We can't just keep giving him contracts every 4 or 5 years. Ferentz is like the rest of us, a mortal human. Like a machine, we wear out. He's 67.
My guess is until he hits 72.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Still trying to figure out how Barta takes so much heat on this and KF takes none...
Maybe because Barta has been involved with more than one law suit and he is crap at his job, the extensions he blindly gives coaches then add in the Brian F bs terms to stay O cordinator.

I’m also tired of having good MBB, WBB, Football, Baseball and wrestling teams too! Bring in a new AD!
Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

Perhaps…lots of “capital” would be spent though…has she been there long enough to accumulate it? As a “newbie” you don’t wanna walk away with a lot of debt..do you? Kim has a lot more capital to spend… and she is “the boss” ultimately..
You think she (U of I Prez) cares about capital? She is set in life and isn't someone with a huge number of years left. Doesn't it look worse if she lets athletics run away with things versus the real mission of the university which is education?

Hayden said the coaching accomplishment he was most proud of was helping to break the SWC's color barrier with Jerry LeVias at SMU who was the first black scholarship athlete in that conference in the late 60's. Iowa had the first African American to graduate law school in 1879 and had it's first black football player in 1895 when much of the country didn't allow that until the late 1960's...a very proud tradition.

It was sad when JHF passed in 2019 but I'm glad he didn't have to see and hear the truth about what Iowa football had become a couple decades after handing over the keys. Kirk has taken a huge shit on his legacy as well as the U of Iowa's, I don't care how many consecutive winning seasons in a row he's had. Some things are more important than wins and Barta allowed it to happen. Shameful.

The cult of Kirk can rip me all you want, I don't care. The U of Iowa and it's football program is much bigger than any one man and his family
mad-max-fury-road-thats-bait-meme.gif

Reactions: WSC72 and cmhawks99

I’m also tired of having good MBB, WBB, Football, Baseball and wrestling teams too! Bring in a new AD

No kidding dude. A lotta dudes on this board hate everyone and everything because their own lives are miserable

To those who fit that mold please remember when Nebraska tried fixing their situation back when they canned Bo Pelini and before him Solich and they’re ADs as well and they have yet to get out of that hole they dug

He's made some progress there (or maybe just lucky in that regard. Our baseball team is as good as it's ever been, field hockey is again at the top of the national discussion, gymnastics is solid, softball is coming around (slowly) and our M&W track and field is outstanding.
its all about football & men's basketball, all due respect to Iowa WBB & wrestling

its all about football & men's basketball, all due respect to Iowa WBB & wrestling

Football is at the top of the mountain at every school not named Kansas, Duke, Kentucky and North Carolina. At Iowa, men's BB may be bigger than Wrestling, but not by much, if at all. Meets have an advantage of not being held during the week like BB but there is no denying the crowd is far more into meets than BB games.

And the women's BB team is a helluva lot more popular in Iowa this year than the men's team. I know that won't be sustained, but as long as CC is on campus the women's team rules the court at CHA

Last edited:
Football is at the top of the mountain at every school but named Kansas, Duke, Kentucky and North Carolina. At Iowa, men's BB may be bigger than Wrestling, but not by much, if at all. Meets have an advantage of not being held during the week like BB but there is no denying the crowd is far more into meets than BB games.

And the women's BB team is a helluva lot more popular in Iowa this year than the men's team. I know that won't be sustained, but as long as CC is on campus the women's team rules the court at CHA
I mean it’s football and then basketball at most power 5 institutions. But wrestling at iowa is obviously a special case. It’s like volleyball at Nebraska or baseball at LSU. And the success of women’s basketball and it’s popularity speaks for itself at iowa. I have season tickets for one basketball team at iowa. It’s the one that just won the big ten title last weekend.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I mean it’s football and then basketball at most power 5 institutions. But wrestling at iowa is obviously a special case. It’s like volleyball at Nebraska or baseball at LSU. And the success of women’s basketball and it’s popularity speaks for itself at iowa. I have season tickets for one basketball team at iowa. It’s the one that just won the big ten title last weekend.
Before the title police come in, tournament champs.

As l9ng as they win, right! Morals and public embarrassments with settlements that the public pays be damned.

Anyone who had a hand in settling with these pieces of shit should be fired

As l9ng as they win, right! Morals and public embarrassments with settlements that the public pays be damned.

Find me a university (by the way not NW, they too have had issues ) doing it “your” supposed right way and I’ll follow them tomorrow.

See how easy that was….The Truth is, you’re mad because you think we should win more, and you want someone you think we’ll hold KF accountable. But I’ll gladly follow another more virtuous team that wins at least this much…

Let me know when you pick someone…?

Find me a university (by the way not NW, they too have had issues ) doing it “your” supposed right way and I’ll follow them tomorrow.

See how easy that was….The Truth is, you’re mad because you think we should win more, and you want someone you think we’ll hold KF accountable. But I’ll gladly follow another more virtuous team that wins at least this much…

Let me know when you pick someone…?
NDSU. That was easy. But I am sure you will excuse it.

NDSU. That was easy. But I am sure you will excuse it.
Hell I love NDSU, but I think you better do some back digging, they too have had their issues…

How about someone in a power 5 conference that should be easy too…..😜

Hell I love NDSU, but I think you better do some back digging, they too have had their issues…

How about someone in a power 5 conference that should be easy too…..😜
Again, i said you would excuse them. Go figure i give a solid answer and... move the goal posts.

Last edited:
Again, i said you would excuse them. Go figure, move the goal posts.
Nope…doesn’t work that way brother. Hell I could have said Loyola Academy High School here in Chicago if it wasn’t understood we were talking about a team like Iowa…

You moved fields and then did the old “you moved the goal posts” trick, only stooges with agendas would fall for that….

Someone else got a team for Mr. Obfuscating? What an apropos name for you incidentally. Mr. O is having a tough time finding teams that do it the “right” way….it seems he is suddenly more concerned with morals than winning and I for one applaud him!

Please help him….

PS….I’d wager even Loyola Academy has demons, don’t we all Mr. O?!

Nope…doesn’t work that way brother. Hell I could have said Loyola Academy High School here in Chicago if it wasn’t understood we were talking about a team like Iowa…

You moved fields and then did the old “you moved the goal posts” trick, only stooges with agendas would fall for that….

Someone else got a team for Mr. Obfuscating? What an apropos name for you incidentally. Mr. O is having a tough time finding teams that do it the “right” way….it seems he is suddenly more concerned with morals than winning and I for one applaud him!

Please help him….

PS….I’d wager even Loyola Academy has demons, don’t we all Mr. O?!
How the hell did I move fields? You asked me to provide with a school and I did. Then you came back with "well not that level try a P5 level".

"A team like Iowa" - CMHawks99
NDSU beat a Iowa only a handful of years ago...

Enjoy your agenda, stooge.

How the hell did I move fields? You asked me to provide with a school and I did. Then you came back with "well not that level try a P5 level".

"A team like Iowa" - CMHawks99
NDSU beat a Iowa only a handful of years ago...

Enjoy your agenda, stooge.

So you want me to drop divisions because it’s so hard to find a P5 school who does it the right way. I guess we got to where I was heading anyway….thanks for playing along.

PS…A quick google search yielded some minor scandals in just the last year involving NDSU players and president.

You guys are awful at this…just awful. Not only are you disingenuous because all you really care about is winning more games but you’re not even good to closing down potential angles. Thanks for your help today.

So you want me to drop divisions because it’s so hard to find a P5 school who does it the right way. I guess we got to where I was heading anyway….thanks for playing along.

PS…A quick google search yielded some minor scandals in just the last year involving NDSU players and president.

You guys are awful at this…just awful. Not only are you disingenuous because all you really care about is winning more games but you’re not even good to closing down potential angles. Thanks for your help today.
minor scandals vs multi-million dollar lawsuits (yes plural) all under the same AD.

You are failing at every level of this. YOU said to name a team, I did. You then come back and say "well not that team, try another".

Feel good about winning a game by moving the posts? I bet you beat yourself in solitaire every time too don't you.

Have a great day CM.

minor scandals vs multi-million dollar lawsuits (yes plural) all under the same AD.

You are failing at every level of this. YOU said to name a team, I did. You then come back and say "well not that team, try another".

Feel good about winning a game by moving the posts? I bet you beat yourself in solitaire every time too don't you.

Have a great day CM.

👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT